RC Qualifier

GoPro on summit?

I am wanting to get a gopro, but has anyone used one on there summit? Or any ideas on how to mount?
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    I believe I have seen it mounted before on the hood where the two body post holes are. On that cross bar on the exo-cage i've seen someone rig a mount to put it on there. I would say that is your best place to mount. If you tried on top of the truck i think you'd damage the camera maybe.

RC Qualifier
    I have a new GoPro Hero2 and mounted it on the roof of my Summit. I'll be posting a video I made with it as soon as it's don uploading...

Mounting on the roof allows it to film the hood and wheels, makes it more interesting...
    Bash OR crawl? No, the Summit does it all!

RC Qualifier
    Good point. Just rolling it would be a bit unfortunate but I guess rolling with a camera on it in the first place is bad

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GusinCA View Post
    I have a new GoPro Hero2 and mounted it on the roof of my Summit. I'll be posting a video I made with it as soon as it's don uploading...

Mounting on the roof allows it to film the hood and wheels, makes it more interesting...
    did you put any kind of plate down for the mount? or did you just mount it right on the ridges of the roof? I wanted to mount mine on the roof as well, but its not a flat surface with the ridges on the roof and was worried about it coming off in time.

RC Qualifier
    Which one did you buy? I see there are the outdoor edition, motorsports edition, etc. the motorsports edition looks like it would be the ticket with all the different mounts. Also, which mount did you use on your roof?
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    I have the motorsports edition, I think? My wife got it for me. I used one of the flat adhesive mounts on the roof, and that stuff is soo strong that i even rolled it with the camera mounted and it didn't come off even one bit.

Ok, here's the video. It's filmed right next to where I live here in Newport Beach, heading all the way down the hill. The view at the 2 minute mark I did simply because i was filming...

Make sure to watch it in 720p full screen or in 1080p full screen if your computer can handle it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqLJR...ature=youtu.be

RC poster
    I tried this once. Didn't get the camera mounted very well as it kept tilting down on hard landings. I had the camera in the spot c.greer described.
    The quality is not that great i think this was the first generation go pro.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AApHO...oG4V6dfFvw3J_J

RC Qualifier
    yeah, unless I tighten mine down hard, jumps cause an "all sky or all hood" moment.

The new GoPro Hero2 is supposed to be sooo much better than the original. Here is the video for it (all filmed on Hero2's), it is SUCH an awesome video, man I wish i could edit like that, and the music is AMAZING...

You HAVE to watch it in HD (720p or 1080p) and full screen to realize why it has over SEVEN MILLION hits...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUEZCxBcM78

RC Qualifier
    Of course the only problem with that video is it makes you feel OLD and BORING.

And I'm 41, wakeboard, water ski, scuba dive, fly airplanes, snow ski, motorcycle, and coolest of all, drive a Summit. But I'm still old and boring.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GusinCA View Post
    Of course the only problem with that video is it makes you feel OLD and BORING.

And I'm 41, wakeboard, water ski, scuba dive, fly airplanes, snow ski, motorcycle, and coolest of all, drive a Summit. But I'm still old and boring.
    Haha. You sound alot like my dad. He's 49 and he still comes out and wakeboards, snow skis and races motocross with me. Couldn't ask for a much cooler dad. Lol.
    So all in all, would you say the go pro is def worth it? I was wanting to use it with my summit, slash, helmet cam for motocross, and flying my rc planes and possibly wake boarding.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    It is SO worth it. I carry it and my normal camera when I'm going out adventuring. The only downside is there is no flash, but for capturing shots that are fisheye and full resolution, there is nothing like it anywhere.

I need to get one of these bad boys myself.durable and great quality video. Perfect for where this truck Can go, Almost anywhere it wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Well......... Because of you Gusin, I went out and bought the GoPro Hero2. I haven't got to use it yet, but this thing is pretty freaking impressive. Of course I did quite a bit of research on it so I knew what the features were, but the construction of this thing is quite impressive. And the fact that I got a 3 year accidental protection plan means I can do anything I want with this bad boy and not worry about breaking or damaging it. I am really excited to get it mounted on the summit and make a complete video of my plow at work. Thanks Gusin for the advice!!! Just wish I had places to crawl like you do! Lol.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    Do you know how many of these Summits I've sold to people asking "hey, where do I get one of THOSE???"

I spend other people's money perfectly well.

Here's another video I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KFf8...4&feature=plcp

Just awesome...

RC Qualifier
    Yea, this camera is just amazing. That video is soo clear. Can't wait to try mine out. Almost makes me want to go on a road trip with the camera and the summit.
    1 Summit w/ 14.4v Dewalt
    2 Slash 4x4 Ultimate's

RC Qualifier
    I have seen quite a few gopro videos on youtube and some of them contributed to the decision to buy a summit.

some are very smooth and dont shake too much but in some others the picture is so shaky I feel motion sickness.

is it due to different mounting or different shooting modes? or image stabilisation features?

RC poster
    Greetings Everybody!
    Hope you are all doing GREAT, Happy Holidays!

Here is my very 1st R/FPV AND Non-LOS excursion with the TraXXas Summit into an unknown ravine!
    I Haven’t had this much Fun (including post-production) since the first time I went to Disneyland as a kid!!

Thanks for watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UBJB_Z0Rrg

Looking good man ....working great

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    How did you all mount the camera on the Summit?
    I have tried to glue it to the roof, and it dont stick that very well.

I have the Go Pro Black edition.

RC Qualifier
    Used the sticky mount and put it on the hood cause it was the only smooth surface. I have the GoPro White Edition.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rvenes View Post
    How did you all mount the camera on the Summit?
    I have tried to glue it to the roof, and it dont stick that very well.

I have the Go Pro Black edition.
    This is how I mount mine. I used industrial strenght velcro and it works great.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Switchblade View Post
    This is how I mount mine. I used industrial strenght velcro and it works great.
    Yea, i have had it like that for a while, but snapped of. You can see it here in this video

In the video you can hear when it starts to get loose. Lot of vibration.

Have glued it on again now, with even more glue. Maybe i need to drive more carefully when have the camera onboard. Without the case, the camera would be gone for sure now.

RC Competitor
    not a gopro but same type of camera mount it on my roof using supplied 3M red tape and it's not going any where. Craling/trailing fine but full speed over rough terrain it does get bumpy due to the flex of the roof.

RC Champion
    I have to get a Gopro as soon as possible