RC Racer

Drive shat boot and pivot ball cap replacment

HI,

My Revo 5309 really needs new drive shaft boots as well as pivot ball caps. This is unchartered territory for me. I realize that the first step seems to be to replace boots. I think I need top pull the drive shaft but not really sure how to get it out. Then next step I have no idea on the Piviot ball cap Can you provide any advice?

RC Champion
    You don't need them. I haven't had them for years and never had a problem.

Remove the wheels and hexes and you can get the drives shaft out. As for the pivot balls you need to remove the balls from the a-arms what I do is count the number of turns it takes to remove the balls and then turn then in the same number. When you do this it's best to replace all of the boots even if they're not torn because a week later the ones not torn will tear.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    If you have the documentation that came with your Revo then look for the schematic that details the front or rear suspension and study the way everything goes together, This is very beneficial if you have never disassembled these parts. It's not difficult but it can be intimidating if you have never done it. This information is also available on this site as well if you don't have your documentation. Hope this helps.

RC Racer
    wow attempted one wheel tonight what a pain . The drive shaft boot was impossible to glue on correctly. The pivot ball caps also a real pain to change

Watch the language
    Last edited by Double G; 09-21-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: language