Thread: E-maxx issues

RC poster

E-maxx issues

Hello.
    I just bought a new 3908, but im having some minor problems.

I can drive it arround, and suddenly the ESC will reset or something. Iff i max it, it will cut the speed and come back instant.

I was running it with stock NIMH's, and just tryed with 2x2s . . . with 7600mah each but no changes.

is there something wrong with the reciever? i guess the esc would cut of or restart if it looses comunications with the transmitter. it's been going on since the first ride with this car.

We tryed changing both the reciever and transmitter with some 2.4ghz from ebay for 30 dollars, it seems as it was no problems. Allmost like the car got more agressive and it even did wheelies with stock nimh.

Any ideas?

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points; this also applies when a product/company name has been blocked by the filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If you could post a vid of what its doing, it would make it a lot easier for folks to help figure out your problem. If you're using nimh batteries and lipo mode is on, the voltage drop could be triggering the lvc. But you said it happened with lipos too. Were your lipos fully charged when you ran it?
    Last edited by the finisher; 09-08-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    Mine just did the same thing once when I first started my run. I also noticed when I first turned it on there was a slight delay before it beeped out the number of cells. I think its just the on off switch. Try moving the switch back and forth a bunch of times and see if that helps.

RC poster
    I can try posting a video, but its hard getting it on tape when driving alone. There is no telling when it's gonna happend, and sometimes it dosent happend at all. The lipos were fully charged and brand new, this run was the first run with those batteries.
    I already tryed the on/off switch thingy, but i dont want to cut the wires since the car is brand new. but sending it back to the shop takes like 3-4 weeks.

But i cant seem to have noticed any delay when turning it on, it beeps instant. i also got a castle fan cooler, so heat shouldnt be a problem

When it happends, i got no trothle but i do have steering.

RC Qualifier
    Every thing your saying makes me think the lvc is being triggered. Doesnt make sence that it would happen with brand new fully charged lipo's though. When lvc kicks, you still have steering just no throttle. Maybe thermal shutdown. Im not even sure if the castle system has it, but could be overheating.
    addicted much....

RC Racer
    I had a castle esc reset on when I landed big jumps, it was the on/off switch. I don't know if its your problem but it sounds similar. We could probably figure more out with a video.

RC poster
    I run to the car when it happends just to see what's going on, and i cant feel anything overheating tbh. Altough, the esc fan should start if it gets hot. I just tryed turning the car on and did some steering, i did notice the steering glitched and gave me a red light on the reciever sometimes :S

RC Racer
    You definitely have some electrical gremlins to work out. Is there anyoyne close by that will let you borrow their esc for a day or two?
    Did you try a different reciever and transmitter?
    Do any of your wires have the insulation worn off?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokenparts View Post
    You definitely have some electrical gremlins to work out. Is there anyoyne close by that will let you borrow their esc for a day or two?
    Did you try a different reciever and transmitter?
    Do any of your wires have the insulation worn off?
    There is 1 guy with the same esc, but i doubt he will pick it out tough.
    I did try a different reciever and transmitter, it ran fine. i maxed it and did wheelies with it, and i guess it ran fine then. but we didnt drive for a very long time with that.

The esc is glued on with tape, its a pain to take it of..

I have been running the car for like 20 minutes now without anything happening. but i doo see that if im steering agressivly the red light on the reciever will come on and cut steering for a sec
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-09-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    what servo,esc and ttransmitter are you running?
    Last edited by Brokenparts; 09-09-2013 at 07:00 AM.

RC poster
    Its all original Tqi with Castle esc.. I dont know the exact models, but just look up the 3908.

im gonna send the car back to the shop, i dont want to put anymore time in it. Im going to let them solve it and see when it comes back
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-09-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Let us know what it is. Almost sounds like something is pulling too much current.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokenparts View Post
    Let us know what it is. Almost sounds like something is pulling too much current.
    Agreed, I'm curious to know what the problem is as well.
    addicted much....

RC poster
    I told them exactly what happened, they said its eighter the reciever messing up, or its the Esc. Eighter way i hope they can solve it, or just send me a new car.

RC poster
    Now suddenly they cant find anything wrong with it, after 2 weeks in the shop.. They are eighter noobies or they didnt even check anything.

Im starting to get a bit mad:P

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-25-2013 at 03:43 PM.