Thread: TQi Telemetry

RC Champion

TQi Telemetry

How accurate is the Voltage/Temperature Telemetry? And is there a special RX needed to use Telemetry? I'm thinking about getting the TQi w/ Telemetry but I wonder how accurate it is. And is it possible to use it with other motors/ESCs? I think it must be because it doesn't have to connect to the ESC. But I want to make sure before I buy it.

Thanks,
    Clay

RC Racer
    The heat and voltage are very good, you do need a telemetry rx cause there are plugins just for the telemetry.

I have it on my 2 xo-1's and my Slash 2wd.
    And u need the TQI remote with telemetry port/dock and an "I" device, such as iphone or ipod.

And its cheaper to buy the tx with dock and rx, I paid $125cad for my 4 channel. 2 channels are a little cheaper, I like the 4 ch.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDtheOgre View Post
    The heat and voltage are very good, you do need a telemetry rx cause there are plugins just for the telemetry.

I have it on my 2 xo-1's and my Slash 2wd.
    And u need the TQI remote with telemetry port/dock and an "I" device, such as iphone or ipod.

And its cheaper to buy the tx with dock and rx, I paid $125cad for my 4 channel. 2 channels are a little cheaper, I like the 4 ch.
    +1

I did basically the same thing bought #6507. I have full telemetry in my P4dE and I love it. The voltage and temperature work great. The alarm feature is nice. When you get down to a pre set voltage the ipod will vibrate and ding alerting you to high temps, or low voltage etc, new top speed.. It will work with any motor and ESC only the TQI reciever, transmitter and the telemetry components for your model are required...The Speed is not as acurate as say a GPS but if setup and calibrated correctly its really not far off.. Definitely pick up the combo you will save some cash over buying it all seperate. For the price its a fairly decent system.. I purchased the 4 channel summit remote and I now have two channels I use to turn on and off lights and fans etc. This is accomplished via the shall not be named 'reciever controlled switch'.

Happy Bashing.
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 09-08-2013 at 05:04 PM.