RC poster

Best On Road Tires For Top Speed Runs?

Hi i have an aggressive setup on my e revo with the 24 54 gear setup and the lipo batteries as well, i want to know what are the BEST on road tires for top speed runs on my e revo?

RC Qualifier
    Im running the Proline Road Rage's. Other guys are running the Phatlines. Ive also seen guys run the XO-1 wheels, but they look pretty small
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    For super high speed I would run the phaltlines.
    For good on road tyres that last longer I'd go for the road rages. I find the phaltlines more stable at high speed but the road rages more durable & long lasting.

X-01's look ridiculous and are too small IMO

Bash it like someone else is doing the wrenching!

RC Champion
    The XO-1 tires don't balloon, and are already balanced pretty well. They would probably be the best for speed runs.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    The XO-1 tires don't balloon, and are already balanced pretty well. They would probably be the best for speed runs.
    I doubt it's safe to assume any wheel/tire is already balanced pretty well. I had to add 2.4gms to one of my XO wheels and almost that much to another. The other two need slightly less. One of my stock ERBE Talons needed almost 7gms.

If you are going to go fast, a well balanced wheel/tire is critical and one of the very first things that need to be done. For that matter, it's not a bad idea even if you are not going way fast. I had one that was so far out it would start to bounce at around 15mph.
    Sure it'll work, watch this

RC Qualifier
    There's the Ipanema Monster slicks. They are 40 series sized and are supposed to be belted. But that price is a little too steep for me, especially with those whimpy looking wheels.

http://brucknerhobbies.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=1058