Thread: tmaxx to emaxx

RC poster

tmaxx to emaxx

Hi Guys

I got into this hobby because is so much fun, but I spend more time with the wrenches than having fun.
    so my question is what exactly do I need to convert my t maxx 3.3 to E maxx. and how much does it cost?

Thanks

RC Racer
    I would say you just need a transmission, esc, motors and batteries.

Ans chassis
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-08-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    What is ESC? do you think is necessary to buy a new chassis or modify mine?

RC Racer
    It would be easier to buy a used chassis. You can use your chassis if you want to get creative but the emaxx chassis is already layed out for electronics and an emaxx transmission will drop in.

An esc is an electronic speed control. Traxxas brushed setup is the EVX2

RC Racer
    You could also maka L shaped motormount to put on the t maxx chassis, you need to buy a motor and a esc the best setup combo is castle mamba and yoy can get a waterproof esc now. You also need to buy batteries and a lipo charger.

RC Enthusiast
    I do not know if this is still available or still on ebay but you might try and see if it is, search on eBay for Teckno Revo brushless conversion p/n TKR4001. They say it comes with the complete kit less the motor. I think the kit was around $134.00. I wish they had this a few years ago when I wanted to convert my Revo. Hope this helps.

RC Champion
    Biggest overall cost will be the motor system and batteries. Good motor system will run you about $100, for a dewalt motor and EVX-2.

Decent batteries will run you about $60 for 2.

You can ask Dan at Kershaw Designs when his conversion kit will b out. his site says July 31st... Little over deadline there. looking at $100 for that, he might cut you a deal for that kit and a DeWalt motor for it.

If you really want to do it right, ur gonna need a new chassis and stuff, but then ur giving up that nice aluminum chassis. Most people lock the 3.3 tranny in 2nd, but you can keep it 2-speed and just shift manually off ur transmitter.

New chassis, braces, hardware, driveshafts, ect can start costing you a pretty penny if your not careful
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!