RC poster

Any upgrades recommended?

Hello, i'm just wondering what upgrades you guys recommend... Just give me all your recommendations, i'm looking forward to christmas upgrades for my truck and will want a price range of 0-300$. I am very picky on motor and ESC combo's.... I am looking for better motor and esc combos from the velineon, and I dont care the price here. If any of you know what combo for the mamba monster or whatever it is for my truck then please tell me! Thanks in advance to you guys.

RC Qualifier
    I'm running the MM2 2200kv motor and I'm satisfied with this system BUT it will come with a price of NEEDED upgrades to handle this system so it might not be the best route for some. The most crucial upgrades with this system are X DUTY MIPS (all around), aluminum bearing adapter, E-Revo slipper clutch setup, Tekno Big Bone center drive shaft and 17mm wheel hexes upgrade.

RC Qualifier
    Sure this thread will blow up with people suggestions. Some will say to replace as it breaks, others like to go all out right away, and some will slowly upgrade. It really depends on you, on what you think would make you most happy and your pede perform the way you like. I say some better a-arms (RPM), front bumper (T-Bone), aluminum slipper bearing adapter, better shocks (d8's, GTR's, proline, traxxas big bore), rear axles (MIP or tekno), and some better tires (pro-line has great selection) would get a great start and take care of the few weak points of the pede. Thats my opinion and I am sure others will vary. Others will also chime in on motor and esc recommendations. Lots of treads in this forum on that subject. Suggest you search for lots more info.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC poster
    Hi hirschowl, do you recommend losi scte shocks?

The first upgrade dude I would do is the aluminium bearing adapter part number 6893x and when a arms or bumpers or shock towers go replace with rpm.As for driveshafts mips or tekno.Just get use to the truck before spending crazy money.Welcome to the forum and addiction dude..........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathdragon704 View Post
    Hi hirschowl, do you recommend losi scte shocks?
    Dont have any experience with the losi scte shocks. I was just naming off some popular brands people use. I use the pro line power strokes. I saw a big improvement over stock with the powerstrokes. Just use what you think would work best. A LHS stocked the power strokes and I like the dual spring set up. So if I need replacement seals or what not, I can get them there instead quickly instead of ordering on line.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the addiction. You'll find that there are plenty of hop up parts for the Stampede. Some better than others. This forum is a great source of information. For me. I did the Traxxas Aluminum bearing upgrade Part #6893X. Also, you will want to add Traxxas diff gear sets part # 6882X, you'll need two sets. These diff gear sets come with a support bar that make the diff's bullet proof. After that, front and rear axle shafts from MIP. Tires that grip and last longer. For me, I upgrade as I go or break. I don't have the budget to do it all at once. Either way, have fun with it. Building and bashing....
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Enthusiast
    Tires stock units didn't cut it for me off-road. MIP driveshafts, alum shock caps, alum hex hubs, decent charger

RC poster
    Hey guys so I read that the losi 8ight shocks are the way I should go on forums, do they fit? I heard they need modifications otherwise. But isnt the scte or ten-t shocks just the 1/10 version of them?

If you plan to upgrade the esc/motor.
    I would recommend King headz motor mount and aluminum bearing adapter.
    Then like others have side.
    Tekno ( which I am happy with) or MIP drive shafts
    Shocks ( even just shock caps)
    Tires
    RPM arms
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4