RC poster

Castle link software not working after upgrading to TQI

Hey all, Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem or a fix. I recently upgraded my radio gear on my e-revo brushless 1/10 from the traxxas tq to the TQI remote with docking base. I have also installed all of the telemetry gear also. The problem i am having is that ever since doing so I cannot make any changes via the castle link software. When I have the ESC connected to my computer, I make the changes and save them all seems good but when testing the car for changes I just made, they are not there??? (set the reverse to creeper but is always at 100%, set the brake to 50% and in reality it is still 100%). When I replug the Esc back into my computer the castle software shows the settings are there as I wanted. It is becoming very frustrating....

Any help or advise would be appreciated.

RC poster
    Hello Jackal05. I recently purchased an E-Revo BL. I also purchased the TQi transmitter.(I have android, and my remote is the Bluetooth model.) As well, I also have the Castle link.

Now what I believe the problem that is going on is, (the E-Revo BL's ESC can be controlled by the TQi remote. its made by both Traxxas and Castle after all.) That the TQi settings on the remote "Over ride" the settings you've made in the ESC.

Try using another receiver and remote with the ESC. if your settings stay then it is the TQi receiver over riding your settings.

I have yet to touch the ESC with my castle link, as I can "Control" most of the main settings from my phone, so I figured no need at the moment.

RC poster
    Just now looking on the app, I went to Support/Preferences, and there I see a "Override Transmitter Settings" option. try deselecting it and see if that fixes the problem.

Otherwise your best bet is to contact Traxxas Support on how to fix your problem.