RC Champion

Aluminum shock caps

I just installed them I noticed a day or so later that there was a little oil down the shock body not much....I don't see any around the cap u think it might be from when I changed them some overflow left over?

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Only one way to tell. Clean the shock spotless, then look for new oil leakage
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    could be the rubber bladder is torn i did that to mine they are only $2 for all 4

Quote Originally Posted by macz View Post
    I just installed them I noticed a day or so later that there was a little oil down the shock body not much....I don't see any around the cap u think it might be from when I changed them some overflow left over?
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Only one way to tell. Clean the shock spotless, then look for new oil leakage
    X2.

When you install them, make sure you don't over tighten the caps, you can pinch the bladders, which will make them leak.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    I had that trouble when I went to Al too, was just overfilled. Clean them, if it fixes the trouble you should be good. If it leaks again check the bladder and threads. You could have pinched the bladder or not screwed it on correctly and killed the threads. One last issues is if the cap has a slightly larger opening than the shock, Al bodies form the same manufacturer as the caps will solve that issue.