Using Lipos from Storage Voltage?

Hey guys, lately I've been too lazy to fully charge my Summit's lipos, so I just use them from storage voltage. Now that I'm thinking, is that bad? Could that be bad for lipos? I have no idea. I still fully charge them and use them from time to time, but some times if I don't have enough time I just run them from storage voltage.Thanks guys!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

No issues with that what so ever... LiPo has no memory.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

The main danger when running LiPo packs that aren't fully charged is that an ESC may recognize them as being the wrong cell count. This is much more likely when running 6S or greater. A discharged (past storage level, though) 6S pack with 3.5V per cell may be recognized as a 5S pack with 4.2V per cell by an ESC like one of the Castle snakes if it is set to AutoLiPo. This would allow the cells to discharge too low, possibly ruining battery packs.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

The main danger when running LiPo packs that aren't fully charged is that an ESC may recognize them as being the wrong cell count. This is much more likely when running 6S or greater. A discharged (past storage level, though) 6S pack with 3.5V per cell may be recognized as a 5S pack with 4.2V per cell by an ESC like one of the Castle snakes if it is set to AutoLiPo. This would allow the cells to discharge too low, possibly ruining battery packs.
    Hmmm, never thought of that! I'll have to check on that! Thanks!

No issues with that what so ever... LiPo has no memory.
    Good point, thanks guys!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Good point but this could not happen with the Stock EVX-2 esc from the Summit

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Good point but this could not happen with the Stock EVX-2 esc from the Summit
    Obviously. But not everyone runs the stock system.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I was thinking EVX2 when I made my post... but K brings up an excellent point: This thread could be read by someone that is running a different ESC and that would make my post bad advise.

Glad it is all cleared up though!
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.