RC poster

Castle ESC blinking and beeping strangley

My Spartan with Castle ESC is having some issues. When I plug in batteries the esc a couple different things randomly happen. Sometimes there is no response from the ESC at all. No blinking or beeping, or the startup procedure is delayed. Other times it starts to blink and beep normally and then flashes orange and green and the steering servo randomly turns. The orange/green blinking will go away for a couple seconds and the esc displays green but then goes back to blinking orage/green. Sometimes the light on the receiver turns red, sometimes it does not turn on at all.

The boat has been not used in more than a week and everything is dry and since it won't run at all I know it's not an overheating issue.

Any ideas?

RC poster
    So I just opened up the little door on the receiver and water came out. I opened up the receiver box all the way and there was quite a bit of water in it. I am assuming this part is not waterproof as it sits in a box that is supposed to be waterproof but does a poor job of that.

How can I test to make sure the receiver is bad?

RC Champion
    How did you get enough water in your hull for it to eventually find its' way into the Rx box? Did you have a crash?

RC poster
    Not a crash but it did flip over. I retrieved it rather quickly too.

RC Champion
    I've had same issue, water comes into receiver box through wires, the Reciever comes apart rather easy, I applied dielectric grease here.

Also put a dab of silicone in wire area, problem solved.
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Racer
    Traxxas recommends putting the receiver in a bag of dry uncooked rice for 24hrs. It's worked for me a couple of times.

RC poster
    Both good ideas! Is the receiver just taped to the bottom of the box? Just pry it up?

RC Qualifier
    Yep. Sticky foam

RC Qualifier
    Same happened with mine when I first got it, I put the RX in the Texas sun for an hour then inside for a day and I am back up and running. Silicone grease seal is a must, also hatch tape recomened. The tape can be "ugly" to some but it's easy and quick. One of these days I will order an RC bilge pump. They are about $25 on the bay/Tower...