RC poster

First start Problem 3.3 Engine

Hi Folks!

We got a big starting Problem with a brandnew Revo 3.3 ...
    NiMH Pack fully loaded, Receiver fully loaded.

Plugging in EZ Device pressing button, klick in the electric motor and finish ...

Visited Troubleshooting guide an traxxas.com, find possible cause that the motor is in the dead Position, so spinned it a bit, gets a bit hard ... then plugged in the EZ device, pushed button turns a bit and stucks again.

Removed the glow plug, motor turns without any issues.

SDo my question: whats wrong?! Am I too stupid?!

Cheers

Joerg

RC Racer
    Try warming the engine with a hair dryer.. or loosin the glow plug a couple turns and fire it up then tighten it back while running.
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

RC Competitor
    If this is a brand new motor and it hasn't been broken in yet it's going to be somewhat hard to get started the first few times.
    What's the outside temps there right now? As said above if its cold outside you can warm up the head with a hair dryer to make starting easier. Also remove your glow plug an insure its getting heat and glowing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Chris

My rides- Slash 4x4, 1/16 MERV

Warm the engine with a hair dryer and then turn the engine over until you get the pop (when you turn the engine by hand and it gets hard and then pops and is then easy to turn over) leave the the engine in that position right after the pop and try and start from there. I give the engine a running start
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC poster
    Hi Folks!

Hairdryer-Trick worked ... buuuuuut .... the engine has poor idle an I don't get it set up correctly. Everything i tried does'nt work really good. Are there some tricks? Traxxas manual sais the factory Settings are 4 turns from close at the high-speed-needle and flush with the ring at the low speed. It's really frustrating right now ...

Any advice for me?

Cheers

Joerg

PS: When i brake it doesn't brake ....

RC Qualifier
    The settings are very rich from the factory. This is for break in purposes so that the motor is cooled and lubed adequately during this critical time.

Start the motor and immediately give it throttle os that it won't stall. The first tank is going to go fast because so much fuel is passing through the motor unburned. Next tank will go a little easier as the motor is gradually leaned out through each step as outlined in the manual.

Turn the little adjuster on the brake rod to tighten up the action, but don't go too much so that the brake drags all the time. You can also adjust the end points a little through the transmitter settings.
    Last edited by rock-rod; 08-24-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Revo 3.3, EMBE 6s, ERBE 6s (x2), Summit 4s

RC poster
    Check your needle settings. Mine were incorrect. Keep trying. I had a edit of a time with my Slayer and Revo. It was very difficult at first to keep them running during the breakin but it does get better. Once you break the engine in it will run smooth with a little bit of tuning.
    Last edited by Double G; 08-25-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: language, watch it

RC poster
    Good morning!

Finally got it up and running.
    Couldn't finish the high speed parts of the break in but so far it runs.
    Have to put down the idle for the next time, but everything looks good with the engine running rich at the Moment!

Thank you all

Cheers

Joerg

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by JoergStueger View Post
    Good morning!

Finally got it up and running.
    Couldn't finish the high speed parts of the break in but so far it runs.
    Have to put down the idle for the next time, but everything looks good with the engine running rich at the Moment!

Thank you all

Cheers

Joerg
    Awesome glad you got things going, now go and have some fun with it
    Chris

My rides- Slash 4x4, 1/16 MERV

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterman View Post
    Awesome glad you got things going, now go and have some fun with it
    Hi Chris!

Thank you, I'm glad too. Was a bit frustrating it the beginning! Yeah we gonna have fun ... :-)

Cheers
    Joerg