Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    I seen these Hot Racing shocks and decided to give them a try on the Rally... If anything I liked the look of them. They seem to have a high spring rate so I hope they allow me to get a lower ride height equal to the GTRs on the Ultimate.

If not I'll swap them out with the GTR's or try something else. We installed the Losi Ten SCTE dampers on my friend's Slash last night. They look like a nice shock for the price as well!

im loving the look of those they look awesome...I want...I want...Lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    im loving the look of those they look awesome...I want...I want...Lol
    Lol clearly this is an addictive disease when you have those most excellent Power Strokes I want a set if those too!!

Thanks man!

RC Qualifier
    Lol clearly this is an addictive disease when you have those most excellent Power Strokes I want a set if those too!!

Thanks man!
    Lol.....true....it's the shininess and colours that do it for me...

RC Champion
    Lol.....true....it's the shininess and colours that do it for me...
    Me too! I'm such a sucker for colors and shininess

RC Champion
    The roller arrived today as well as some add on parts. It looks to be in good order! The body has seen some action, however the chassis and components looks nearly new.

The STRC Motor plate was a bonus, it was not mentioned to me

I like the aluminum STRC servo cranks

Some of the hop-up parts.. She is going to be a mix of color

RC Racer
    just keep the pics coming and check your PM

RC Enthusiast
    Wanta part with those tires/rim that came on the roller?

RC Champion
    The only problem I see is that their is no flexible point in the shocks, which might lead to damage, hopefully not though, looks can be deceiving...
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    just keep the pics coming and check your PM
    Okay, will do!

Quote Originally Posted by kz9 View Post
    Wanta part with those tires/rim that came on the roller?
    Thanks for the interest. I think I'll just hang on to them, unless that is you really need and want them...

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    The only problem I see is that their is no flexible point in the shocks, which might lead to damage, hopefully not though, looks can be deceiving...
    I was thinking this, but over all I'll take the stiffer response. The unit will be mainly a road rally car leaving the hard core bashing to the Ultimate. Even then the Ultimate is following closely behind as I'm installing Aluminum shock towers on that, leaving only plastic caps on the GTR shocks. Unless I upgrade to a set of Proline Power Strokes, then it will be all aluminum like the HR's.

RC Champion
    Started assembly of the Rally to my specifications. I dyed the chassis black. I know I was waffling on this after dying Jordan's. I liked the look, but was not fond of the dye scraping off. I thought about it and afterward I decided, screw it, just do it as planned. I let it soak for 3 hours in the dye.

After rinsing and drying it off, I set about assembling it with the parts I do have on hand. I installed an expanded battery strap to accommodate the bigger 4s Lipos I plan to run. This fit a 4500mah, 4s 70c very nice. Snug, but nice. It looks to fit a lot larger capacity, but I have a few brand new 4500s I'll use for now.

I installed the new HR shocks and STRC caster blocks and steering blocks. This are nice units and fit with out issue. One item I was not too impressed with was the Golden Horizon's rear bearing carriers. I had to grind out with a dremel the inside bearing seat for the bearing to fit and sit in it properly flush. Not a big deal, but still.... I had read lots of good stuff on GHR stuff, but this was a slight disappointment. The only reason I went with GHR rears was they were out of stock on the STRC ones.

My STRC 17mm hub adapters have not yet arrived, so I mounted up a set of 12mm wheels just to see how it would sit. The chassis is a but high right now with no weight in it, but it looks like it will settle in at or near where the Ultimate sits at its lowest setting. The HR shocks are stiffer than the Ultimate's GTR's from what I can feel. I like it!

Still needing lots more parts but this is a start.

Dyed LCG chassis

Expanded battery strap in comparison to the standard one

Disassembly of the original rear set-up

Completed assembly of the new rear set-up

Mounted in place

Front section

STRC servo arms are a thing of beauty

As is this I think

Another look at the back

RC Champion
    With a body

Beside the Ultimate

Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-29-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: CONTENT

RC Qualifier
    Holy smoke.....that is looking absolutely divine.....your builds are amazing...and that rally is sooooo sweet with all the shiny stuff on it....I want one.......are you still going with the pug colour scheme?...

RC Champion
    Holy smoke.....that is looking absolutely divine.....your builds are amazing...and that rally is sooooo sweet with all the shiny stuff on it....I want one.......are you still going with the pug colour scheme?...
    Thanks Simon! For the Focus, I'm not sure how it will be just yet. I have an idea but no Pug... If I got another clear Rally body I would do the Pug!

RC Qualifier
    Ford focus......hmmmmmm.......how about old school Colin McRae style...martini colours.??

RC Champion
    Ford focus......hmmmmmm.......how about old school Colin McRae style...martini colours.??
    I have to look into that! I was planing more of a street trim version sans decals but t may look too plain

RC Qualifier
    I have to look into that! I was planing more of a street trim version sans decals but t may look too plain
    What are sans decals dude?
    Ken blocks fiesta ?...
    Ford toureno...starskie snd hutch style.....Lol
    Last edited by simon32man; 08-29-2013 at 12:59 PM.

RC Champion
    What are sans decals dude?
    Ken blocks fiesta ?...
    Ford toureno...starskie snd hutch style.....Lol
    He means no decals at all.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Ahhhhh.....Lol....never heard that saying before....thanks

"Sans" is French for without. With = "avec."
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    "Sans" is French for without. With = "avec."
    Merci...should of studied French at school...Lol

De rien.

It is easier to marry someone who speaks it.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Thanks for the clarifications folks!

Okay I keep dropping by the hobby store hoping they get more stock of paint for this project. But they don't. I the upside they did finally get the Tamiya Lime flake paint I had wanted for a different project . So I bought both cans. I wonder if I can work it into this paint job?

Yeah part of me wanted to do this rally in street trim just so I could enjoy a single color body. However a full out replic race rally would be cool to model as well. Maybe something in between .....

I picked up the E Revo clutch rebuild kit to convert this rig. As well I ordered the Hot Racing double pad clutch kit as well

RC Champion
    Still looks tres bon!! It is tres colore! Haha gotta love francais! Can't wait to see that focus body painted up! Gonna stick with the street fighters or are you going to switch them to 1/8th scale onroads?

RC Champion
    Still looks tres bon!! It is tres colore! Haha gotta love francais! Can't wait to see that focus body painted up! Gonna stick with the street fighters or are you going to switch them to 1/8th scale onroads?
    Thanks, no I'm going to mount the Road Rage's/HBs once the 17mm adapter arrive.

I hope to keep posting but I maybe banned out of here soon. I keep getting infractions for posting stuff that I'm not suppose to, due to my ignorance.... I guess until I know it all, I'll keep going until I'm punted.

Received a few items to day.

That Lime Flake paint I was talking about. Picked up a E-Revo clutch kit to upgrade the rally, and another extended battery strap for the Ultimate.

Received the power system for the Rally today, as well as some dye able RPM rod ends.

It's a Monster alright

RC Champion
    What color are you going going to dye the rod ends if you do dye them?

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=ViperZ;5568856]Thanks, no I'm going to mount the Road Rage's/HBs once the 17mm adapter arrive.

I hope to keep posting but I maybe banned out of here soon. I keep getting infractions for posting stuff that I'm not suppose to, due to my ignorance.... I guess until I know it all, I'll keep going until I'm punted.

Received a few items to day.

That Lime Flake paint I was talking about. Picked up a E-Revo clutch kit to upgrade the rally, and another extended battery strap for the Ultimate.

I can't wait to see your bodyshell....are you gonna use the lime flake or lame flake....Lol...I have used that on a project once and it came out amazing...let me know what you think of the hot racing slipper as you know I'm loving the look of it....I really hope you don't get banned....that would be an absolute travesty....

RC Qualifier
    Also can you let me know if you have to grind part of the chassis out for that MONSTER thing your installing to fit

RC Champion
    What color are you going going to dye the rod ends if you do dye them?
    I dyed them red, but I'm not sure I like the look, so they might just be black...

I can't wait to see your bodyshell....are you gonna use the lime flake or lame flake....Lol...I have used that on a project once and it came out amazing...let me know what you think of the hot racing slipper as you know I'm loving the look of it....I really hope you don't get banned....that would be an absolute travesty....
    Thanks Simon! Not sure what I'm going to use the Lime Flake for. I wanted it for another Raptor Body I have, but we'll see.

Thanks for those words, its has really put a damper on my enthusiasm here.....

Also can you let me know if you have to grind part of the chassis out for that MONSTER thing your installing to fit
    I fitted the motor last night with a 20/54 gear, no it seems to clear with out grinding. Not sure why that person had to do that in the other build

I'll send those decals out to you today.

RC Qualifier
    I think I would like to do your focus doing a ford Focus ST scheme....main body lame flake and the stripe work with mirror chrome and some mirror chrome decals along the side skirts.....very basic but effective....sorry for keep making suggestion im sure yours will be far better.........can't help sticking my nose in.....yes that doesn't seem right as your threads are the most informative and interesting ive ever read!!!!

RC Champion
    I fitted the motor last night with a 20/54 gear, no it seems to clear with out grinding. Not sure why that person had to do that in the other build.
    Thats nice to know for when I get my et2400 in a month or so.....

RC Qualifier
    And thanks again for decals

RC Champion
    I think I would like to do your focus doing a ford Focus ST scheme....main body lame flake and the stripe work with mirror chrome and some mirror chrome decals along the side skirts.....very basic but effective....sorry for keep making suggestion im sure yours will be far better.........can't help sticking my nose in.....yes that doesn't seem right as your threads are the most informative and interesting ive ever read!!!!
    I like the mirror chrome stripe idea, I was sort of wondering how it would look.. I Was thinking mainly white for the body, with red and gunmetal stripes... We'll see. I've started painting my Silverado for the Ultimate as a way of relaxation this long weekend.

Thanks again for the kind words and support. This is the way things go, I'm not looking for sympathy, just wanting to keep you all updated incase you noticed a change in my tone and mood around here, or if you noticed I just stopped posting.

Thats nice to know for when I get my et2400 in a month or so.....
    Yeah it fit really nice actually. I'll post some pictures once I get them edited.

And thanks again for decals
    No problem, I'm just paying it forward

RC Champion
    Here are the dyed RPM arms. They color turned out okay for 1/2 hour soak. I installed one, not sure if I like it. It looks like "oh look at me" red plastic, where as the black just looks like stealthy black plastic. You can see the red con rod ends on the left rear camber link

Here the test fit of the 1512 motor and Mamba Monster 2 ESC

With Blower attached

Last edited by ViperZ; 08-30-2013 at 09:56 AM.

RC Champion
    Taking a break, while looking for inspiration for the Silverado body, I decided to go ahead and install the red connecting rod ends. I mean I may as well seeing as I went to the trouble of buying and dying them. I suppose they don't look so bad.

I measured each one before disassembly so as to not entirely screw up set-up parameters. This way you assemble to the same dimension

Back Section

Front Section

Overall

RC Racer
    looks amazing man

RC Qualifier
    Hi viperZ...chin up old boy and think of the ppl your entertaining.....Lol they kinda do but those rod ends look real good with your red carriers it suits the car well.....and Oooooooooooo that 1512... Im drooling....Lol....hey have a good relaxing weekend and paint or design them bodies with your heart and soul and know that the work you do is amazing and ppl love it.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    looks amazing man
    Thanks, not too shab for roller off ebay, hey?

Hi viperZ...chin up old boy and think of the ppl your entertaining.....Lol they kinda do but those rod ends look real good with your red carriers it suits the car well.....and Oooooooooooo that 1512... Im drooling....Lol....hey have a good relaxing weekend and paint or design them bodies with your heart and soul and know that the work you do is amazing and ppl love it.....
    Thanks for those good words Simon! It was a beautiful day around her so I took the real car out for a drive, did a bit of shopping with the wife... Great day, still not ideas for the pint jobs,but it'll come to me

RC Champion
    How hard was it to get the ball joints in and out of the rod ends?

RC Champion
    How hard was it to get the ball joints in and out of the rod ends?
    It was a snap using these ball end pliers. However you can just use a set of needle nose pliers as well, just bite on one side of the ball and the other side of the plastic con end, and you're good. Just be careful as many of the Traxxas balls have a larger flange on one side so you can only push it out one way.

RC Champion
    It was a snap using these ball end pliers. However you can just use a set of needle nose pliers as well, just bite on one side of the ball and the other side of the plastic con end, and you're good. Just be careful as many of the Traxxas balls have a larger flange on one side so you can only push it out one way.
    Okay thanks, looks like I may be dyeing some stuff when I get money....