Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Black, Orange and Light Blue? Gulf Car!

I was actually considering doing another Gulf car. One like the Lola-Aston Martin, seeing as I still have a bunch of decals and paint.

I don't know how I end up picking this color lol its one of those thing just caught your eyes hehehe....I was not even thinking about the gulf car and I know you did your DP8 Gulf scheme
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    Up to speed on this thread now.....bravo bravo bing.....excellent work and great write ups....you have been a busy bee....love the proline shocks they look pretty dam good.....those sway bars wow there beefy....the badger 150...the next Boyd coddington in the making.....does the HR slipper have the full pad?....I'm watching you very closely Mr viperZ...sir

RC Champion
    Thanks Simon! I'm not sure I have the creativity to the level of Coddington Customs, but thanks! I'll try to retain the level of expectations!

Received a few parts today. Of particular interest are the tires and wheels I got. When I ordered I ordered 2 pair, thinking I needed that to make up 4 wheels. Seems I got 8 for 2 sets of 4 Ha, Ha... Good thing they were inexpensive. As such they may not last either as the rubber is on the thin side compared to a Proline or Duratrax. However they seem on par with a Kyosho, and we all know how long those didn't seem to last....

I was more wanting the wheels for the rally design. When I removed the rubber, I noticed they rims are channeled like an Ofna rim. I wonder if a belted Ofna tire will fit this? I fitted the Duratrax Derringers to them and they seemed to fit okay. In fact they had the Low profile rim protector look to the tire which looks really cool. I like the overall size of these wheel and tire assemblies and they fit under the Focus really well. So I may belt them up, adjust for lots of slipper clutch and hope they last. I have another set coming in white, so I may as well run them until they're gone.

2 sets of tires & wheels, Futaba R304SB receiver, Savox SW1211-SG servo.

On the Focus

I like the way these fit, perfect for what I want!

The tread could serve as a on road/off road Rally role

Channeled Rim

RC Champion
    Here are pictures of the Derringers mounted on the rims... I think this is probably going to be the wheel tire combo, or the Proline knuckles for Rally use. Just need to fine tune and tweak it before I lay on the paint. I actually was waiting for the final tire wheel combos to arrive so I could check fitment through a clear body.

I love the rim protector look they have

Reminds me like these Conti Extreme Contacts 275/30/19 on 19x10 Forgestars

Fitment is good with these as well

Oh, I forgot to mention, I settled on my power system. I went with another Mamba Monster 2 and a 2650KV 1512, same set up as in Rally-1
    Last edited by ViperZ; 04-08-2014 at 12:03 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Here are pictures of the Derringers mounted on the rims... I think this is probably going to be the wheel tire combo, or the Proline knuckles for Rally use. Just need to fine tune and tweak it before I lay on the paint. I actually was waiting for the final tire wheel combos to arrive so I could check fitment through a clear body.

I love the rim protector look they have

Fitment is good with these as well

Oh, I forgot to mention, I settled on my power system. I went with another Mamba Monster 2 and a 2650KV 1512, same set up as in Rally-1
    man.....those wheels/tires looks great on that body and the more I look at that body the ugliness fading away lol. glad to hear you made up your mind on power plant with Rally 2, now you have twins

RC Qualifier
    looks great! Those wheels/tires really complete the Rally look.

RC Competitor
    The anticipation is killing me!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Love those wheels..!!!!!....what are they?....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    man.....those wheels/tires looks great on that body and the more I look at that body the ugliness fading away lol. glad to hear you made up your mind on power plant with Rally 2, now you have twins
    We'll see as there's no paint on it yet, it still could be is uglee

Quote Originally Posted by RadReptiles831 View Post
    looks great! Those wheels/tires really complete the Rally look.
    Thanks Man!

Quote Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
    The anticipation is killing me!!!!
    Me too buddy, me too....

Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Love those wheels..!!!!!....what are they?....
    No idea Simon, I got them on ebay. They are a thinner plastic that has me worried a bit to glue on good tires, but the plastic does seem very ductile and flexible....

RC Qualifier
    Thanks viperZ.....

RC Champion
    Not a problem Simon.. Knowing what I do now, I may try a set of Ofna wheels too....

RC Qualifier
    I like there v spoke rims........I particularly like the dark grey reminds me of a gun metal rim

RC Qualifier
    I like there v spoke rims........I particularly like the dark grey reminds me of a gun metal rim
    Vspoke are my favorite!

RC Champion
    Simon, they are actually Black, but gun metals would be sweet! Maybe I should palstikote the other set. I may have to.

So I have the slowest build going... Thanks for your patience folks, but I have too many irons in the fire between work, home and hobbies (too many). So I do what I can in little bits.

Picked up a set of Ofna 1/8 chrome wheels today at Hobby World. I got an extra special deal on them so I could not resist.

Converted all my rod ends over to RPM units

Installed my Savox servo

Installed the HR clutch and aluminum bushing

Small improvements

RC Champion
    I forgot to post my typical shot

RC Qualifier
    Looking good bro. Even the servo matches color. To bad you will be Hibbing it with rx box.

RC Champion
    You are soo right... A person might have to come up with something else, but I can't see where, other than elevated standoffs in the nose., which I don't like as maintenance would not be as easy having to remove the Rx box to remove the brace to get at the gear box

Maybe an ESC mounted on it's side to gain some room?

RC Qualifier
    Awwww that is looking sooooo cool viperZ....as said before your attention to detail is impeccable....just a quickly.....what is the difference between the savox servo SW1211 and the SW 1210...I can't find the SW1211 in the uk....

RC Champion
    Hey Simon, thanks.. Sometimes it debilitating as well in that it takes forever

The difference between the SW-1210 and 1211 are torque and speed. Each one trades off one for the other.

SW-1210
    • Dimensions(mm): 40.6x20.7x42.0
    • Weight(g): 71
    • Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .15
    • Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 277.7
    • Gear: Unique Steel
    • Bearing: 2BB
    • Case: Aluminum

SW-1211
    • Dimensions(mm): 40.6x20.7x42.0
    • Weight(g): 71
    • Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .10
    • Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 208.3
    • Gear: Unique Steel
    • Bearing: 2BB
    • Case: Aluminum

RC Qualifier
    Lol......perfect thanks for info boss

RC Champion
    NP Simon!

Well as a side project I quickly painted a body for bash running on Rally-1. It started Ok until I was done the first coat. There was too much atomized paint dust in my shop from the air brush last evening, so I quit until today for daylight.

Well, as it turns out it was pretty cold out and I didn't want to paint in my garage for I don't want atomized over spray dust my cars and tools....etc. So I tried to paint just out side the door way of the garage... Lets just say it didn't go as well as expected... I'll post pictures when its done (maybe)

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    haha.....funny man! I love painting, I just tend to get in a hurry sometimes and have to tell myself slow down it will be worth it in the end. I'm always so eager to see my end results. BTW I have tons of bodies I need to catch up on and a paint collection waiting to be used.

Excellent work as always my friend.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    What a great word atomised....and yeah I know what you mean that fine particles of atomised spray seems to get every where ......can't wait to see your result....HURRY Up....Lol...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    haha.....funny man! I love painting, I just tend to get in a hurry sometimes and have to tell myself slow down it will be worth it in the end. I'm always so eager to see my end results. BTW I have tons of bodies I need to catch up on and a paint collection waiting to be used.

Excellent work as always my friend.
    Thanks Digger! Me too... I was in a hurry yesterday as I was wanting to lay on as many coats of paint with out having to clean up the airbrush in between. And something as simple as the wing which was painted on the underside on the main section, then painted inside on the sides created a small issue in that I needed to back it the main color with white... It was much too transparent with out it compared to the main body.

Ah well, I do love painting my own bodies, as its like a signature to my RC cars!

What a great word atomised....and yeah I know what you mean that fine particles of atomised spray seems to get every where #!!:......can't wait to see your result....HURRY Up....Lol...
    Thanks Simon, coming form my English friend, you know it's of value when used in prose.

OK, here it is, nothing particularly over the top or difficult to achieve. I wanted to maintain a regular street look to the car with a single color, something that is bright to see in the parking lot. I modelled it after a street going Lamborghini Aventador.

The color is a custom mix of Parma Pearl Orange and Parma Florescent Orange. I wanted the bright florescent color abut the detail and depth of the pearl. The air brush worked wonderfully for the concoction.

The Body itself I was not overly impressed with in construction. The Lexan is nice and thick however the molding was lacking in clean clear body lines, and actually had a ghost line on the passenger side window area where the roof line left a faint line. Not a big deal, but it was tough to mask with out clear lines. Also the window masks did not match the outline of the detail lines, as such I just used a best placement approach. This was also the same for the decals. Still it is a nice body and I would recommend it to anybody who likes the design, just be prepared to apply more skill than your typical slam dunk kits.

The color mix

Some of the pearl

On my shop floor

More Pearl, it is a beautiful color in person

Last edited by ViperZ; 04-13-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Edit Images

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that is amazing!! looks like its running 100+mph already, nice!! sometimes a 1 color brings out the best.

RC Champion
    Thanks Humay! Truth be known, I actually prefer single color paint jobs, just because they are easier, and I generally like one color themes.

Rally-2 is taking a bit of work, to get down....

I took Rally-1 out side to try and capture the color and pearl effect, to no avail. The color is so bright it just bombards my camera sensor and either under exposes it or blows it out in over exposure

I need to make a few adjustments to the chassis to make it my running body, so hopefully soon I can get some footage of it in action.

RC Qualifier
    Love the driver! Part # or link preferably. Thanks viper. It's purty!!

Also if you have the time could you post in the rally body thread I started. Maybe you and Humray could add the mods you have done to your shock towers etc.. To that thread. That way people can know the easy ways to mounting these low profile bodies to the rally chassis. This body needs to be adde to the body thread. Looks great dude.
    Last edited by CoreyM; 04-13-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Added

RC Competitor

You'll be hard-pressed to miss this at nearly any distance!

It looks fantastic, ViperZ !!!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    I forgot to post my typical shot

This has got me breathing heavy and causing heart palpitations!!!! There's just something about a nearly naked chassis!!!!

With your permission, I'd love to try using this as my phone wallpaper!

RC Qualifier
    Wow that paint job is awesome.....you can actually catch the lustre on certain body lines.....fab colour!!!...again great work your holy ness .......

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    Love the driver! Part # or link preferably. Thanks viper. It's purty!!

Also if you have the time could you post in the rally body thread I started. Maybe you and Humray could add the mods you have done to your shock towers etc.. To that thread. That way people can know the easy ways to mounting these low profile bodies to the rally chassis. This body needs to be adde to the body thread. Looks great dude.
    Thanks Cory! The driver is a Proline Pro-Driver SC Clear Interiour I noticed the site states it's discontinued... I hope not. But do know it is 1/10 scale and looks right on the SC trucks, but is a bit on the small side for the 1/8 scale Rally and GT8 cars. No matter, it still looks better than seeing the ground through the window for beauty shots

I will post it in the body thread

Quote Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
    You'll be hard-pressed to miss this at nearly any distance!

It looks fantastic, ViperZ !!!!!!!!

This has got me breathing heavy and causing heart palpitations!!!! There's just something about a nearly naked chassis!!!!

With your permission, I'd love to try using this as my phone wallpaper!
    Thanks Crash! For sure, feel free to use what ever photo you need!

Wow that paint job is awesome.....you can actually catch the lustre on certain body lines.....fab colour!!!...again great work your holy ness .......
    Simon, you crack me up Good Buddy! I only wish I was good enough to deserve that title. Lots more true RC Body gods out there, but thanks!

Yes, you are correct, the pearl really shows up in the body lines and as an over all something that makes the color look special.

RC Champion
    My power system arrived today for Rally-2, so I suppose I have all I need to get this puppy running....

RC Champion
    Except my MM2 hold down mount.. Maybe a trip to my LHS tomorrow at lunch.

RC Qualifier
    Did you end up getting the 2650kv motor?

RC Champion
    Yep, I went with another 2650kv.

RC Racer
    Yep, I went with another 2650kv.
    How do you like the motor? What speeds does it get you and how do the temps stay?

RC Qualifier
    Great choice viperZ.....now get that focus paint dude.....

RC Qualifier
    I mean painted.....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by daniil92a View Post
    How do you like the motor? What speeds does it get you and how do the temps stay?
    Geared at a 18/54 I was able to hit 62mph with a motor temp of 127F Video below 1st segment is the Ultimate, then the Rally with the 2650kv

I mean painted.....
    I knew what you meant

Got my bodies today, so my body painting backlog is even bigger now Heh, Heh

2 x3's and 1 DP8

I really wished I could get this style of body for my XO-1, The chassis length would be better proportioned than these chubby GT8's

The LHS did not have the ESC hold down mount so I will just have to wait for mine to arrive. I did still unpack and mount the motor

Last edited by ViperZ; 04-17-2014 at 08:34 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Your tempting me to build another one I agree with on x3 to fit on XO-1 chassis

sent via Samsung Galaxy LIGHT using tapatalk