Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    It was a snap using these ball end pliers. However you can just use a set of needle nose pliers as well, just bite on one side of the ball and the other side of the plastic con end, and you're good. Just be careful as many of the Traxxas balls have a larger flange on one side so you can only push it out one way.
    And I've been using my teeth lol. The build looks great! Your blower fan is backwards. Since it's an induction fan its most efficient working with the forward motion of the car. In all honesty the fan is completely unnecessary for a vehicle of this weight. I would have gone with the Traxxas 7075 aluminum towers since I have bent those 6061 strc towers. I hope you don't experience that on your build though. I really like those 2.8s with low profile street fighters. I'm going to have to use them on my P4de truggy.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    And I've been using my teeth lol. The build looks great! Your blower fan is backwards. Since it's an induction fan its most efficient working with the forward motion of the car. In all honesty the fan is completely unnecessary for a vehicle of this weight. I would have gone with the Traxxas 7075 aluminum towers since I have bent those 6061 strc towers. I hope you don't experience that on your build though. I really like those 2.8s with low profile street fighters. I'm going to have to use them on my P4de truggy.

LOL on the teeth!

Thanks, I thought long and hard about that fan, in the end I went with the backwards Firebird Trans Am look because I though it would funnel less crap into the fan area. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

The STRC towers came with the Roller so, here I am... I also bought a set of STRC for my Ultimate so I guess I'm double screwed

I hope the wheels look proportioned to the Ford Focus body. They look a bit big on the Trucks. With knobbies, not bad, but the low profile really accentuate the wheel diameter.

New Page New Photos

RC Racer
    It looks amazing man it rele does doin a great job

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    It looks amazing man it rele does doin a great job
    Thanks BEvan! Who would think a Traxxas Rally might end up being a garage Queen? . I have a few more pretty parts for it but really I'm anxious to see how it goes with this power system in comparison to the MM2-2400kv in my Ultimate.

RC Racer
    Hey man no problem... what is the system you have in it right now and did you check out my other page?

RC Champion
    The turnbuckles acutally dont look too bright in that lighting.
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BEvans454 View Post
    Hey man no problem... what is the system you have in it right now and did you check out my other page?
    Rally
    • Mamba Monster 2 ESC
    • Neu-Castle 1512 - 2650kv 1/8 scale motor
    • 4500 mah 90c 4s Lipo

Ultimate
    • Mamba Monster 2 ESC
    • Neu-Castle 1415 - 2400kv 1/10 scale motor
    • 4000 mah 80c 3s Lipo

No I have not checked out your 1/16 thread yet but I will.

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    The turnbuckles acutally dont look too bright in that lighting.
    Yeah I'm getting use to all the color on both chassis now

A small update, I got the ESC mounted as I received the Traxxas mount today. It's the one in the background
    Last edited by ViperZ; 09-03-2013 at 11:09 PM.

RC Champion
    I had sort of wanted to try these Integy steel drive shafts. They look solid, time will tell how long they last. I noticed the suspension action is not as smooth as the Ultimate with the Traxxas steel shafts, so I may end up getting another set of those. These can then be spares in my parts box. we'll see how well they work.

Here are the Integy Shafts on the Rally

I love the Traxxas ones I installed on the Ultimate!

RC Champion
    Let me know if the traxxas ones hold up well.
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Let me know if the traxxas ones hold up well.
    The action on the Traxxas ones are really smooth! The suspension has never felt better!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    how do you compare those GTR to your HR shocks?

great looking rigs, man.
    humay has left the building, peace.