RC Racer

Has the Rally 1/10 been discontinued?

I am looking online and it seems many retailers are out of stock or don't have it listed. Does anyone know if this model has been discontinued?

RC Enthusiast
    I think they updated it and changed the stock #74076 probably updated the radio.

^ Nailed it. I read this thread while I was at working at my lhs and all the distributors just changed the part number for the new radio.
    My life is busy, but I'm still lurking! 24 RC's

RC Racer
    Thanks. TowerHobbies doesn't have the car or the bodies listed. I'm surprised they don't list the new model as pre-order or something similar.

RC Enthusiast

RC Racer
    On this side of Eternity, which means Texas for now
    The TQi transmitter was updated and is now compatible with the Traxxas Link Wireless Module.

Just thought I'd type it in case someone doesn't feel like clicking on a link.

RC poster
    plaining on setting up an event for the 1/10 traxxas Rally but base on our distributors, they have been discontinued. Wwhat a shame. Would have been a perfect car for the track I am planning on setting up for the store

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctyz125M View Post
    plaining on setting up an event for the 1/10 traxxas Rally but base on our distributors, they have been discontinued. Wwhat a shame. Would have been a perfect car for the track I am planning on setting up for the store
    I agree. I bought a slash ultimate and converted it to a Rally body. I guess more people prefer the short course body style over the rally style body.

RC Qualifier
    Rally is discontinued at TowerHobbies again. I hope Rally would come back without nimh battery.

RC Competitor
    Pretty sure it's not discontinued guy who responds to a 2 year old thread.

It's still listed on Traxxas' own website, just says it's out of stock. They're probably doing a minor update to the electronics or something, resulting in a part number change. I'd sit tight.

RC poster
    I've bought mine yesterday on ebay, Dont think too much Guys, Go get what you want ,Life too short to waste your fun

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNoPo View Post
    Dont think too much Guys, Go get what you want ,Life too short to waste your fun
    Agreed with you. I have so many r/c hahaha

RC Competitor
    Exactly, why wait and you can be bashing on it now. There's always going to be a "new update" regardless.when u buy it. So why not have fun now.
    Nitro junkie, but I dabble with electrics.

Well, thinking hard about making my Slash 4WD into a Rally, researching parts and such. There are no 1/10 Rally on Traxxas' site, Tower says that they have all been discontinued.

Traxxas has made it difficult to find the manuals and exploded views for their current products, this goes X2 for their stuff that has been discontinued.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Well, thinking hard about making my Slash 4WD into a Rally, researching parts and such. There are no 1/10 Rally on Traxxas' site, Tower says that they have all been discontinued.

Traxxas has made it difficult to find the manuals and exploded views for their current products, this goes X2 for their stuff that has been discontinued.
    I guess you are looking for this?

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...ally?t=support

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I converted my Slash Ultimate to a Rally because I really like the way it looks. I can dig up the instructions I used when I did it if you can't find anything. I'm not handy at all and even I could do it!

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
    I guess you are looking for this?

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...ally?t=support

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    I finally found it, but it took some searching to get there...

Given that the 1/10 Rally is not listed in the 'Showroom' is a good indication that they pulled the product line. Wonder if a new version is coming out, or if they pulled it completely.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

Cool! My 1/10 Rally was built up from a Platinum LCG pre-roller. It's one of my favorites, though I keep it on-road. I took it out recently, but couldn't even make it through one pack, because every time it hit a bump it would shut off, due to worn out esc plugs. I'll get some new plugs on it, eventually, and when spring comes around, I'll update it with a new body.

Look forward to seeing how yours turns out, assuming you'll post up some pics.

RC Racer
    I'm converting my Slash Ultimate to a Rally this weekend (assuming parts arrive as expected in the next day or so). I rarely run on road but I'm excited about trying and changing up the Slash. Hope the body doesn't cause takeoffs at high speed since I'm running 3-5s with the 2400kv short course motor.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AGHolman View Post
    I'm converting my Slash Ultimate to a Rally this weekend (assuming parts arrive as expected in the next day or so). I rarely run on road but I'm excited about trying and changing up the Slash. Hope the body doesn't cause takeoffs at high speed since I'm running 3-5s with the 2400kv short course motor.
    That thing is gonna rip, especially if you take it to 5S. I power mine with a 550 size 3660 3200KV motor, on 3S, and it's quite a handful for bashing around in the neighborhood. I really enjoy it, though! Are you using a stock Traxxas Rally body? That is what I went with when I built mine up from a Platinum LCG pre-roller, and I've never had it lift on me, but I've also only maxxed at about 48mph. Good luck!

RC Racer
    Thanks! Yes, stock Traxxas rally body. I also have a spare 2200kv motor (and an X-Maxx motor) I could try and run up to 6s in, but for now I'm saving that for whatever the next project is. My parts should arrive today or tomorrow at the latest!

Quote Originally Posted by AGHolman View Post
    Thanks! Yes, stock Traxxas rally body. I also have a spare 2200kv motor (and an X-Maxx motor) I could try and run up to 6s in, but for now I'm saving that for whatever the next project is. My parts should arrive today or tomorrow at the latest!
    Lol that sounds like a blast!!!

I was looking at Rally information today and the only Rally on the models page is Latrax small Rally version:

https://latrax.com/products/75054-1rally

It does looks like the Rally has been discontinued now, it's no longer listed anywere that I can see.
    My life is busy, but I'm still lurking! 24 RC's

PM me if you want to bash near Grass Valley, CA
    Glad I got one then while they were available!
    Obstacle Magnet

RC Racer
    Although it's been discontinued, you get a much stronger chassis, anyway, if you start with a Platinum or Ultimate, then throw on the Rally bumpers and body. There are also still some alternate body options, like DeltaPlastik. Of course, with the RTR product line being pulled, fewer people will be aware of that, or inspired to try it.