Thread: random post.

RC Racer

random post.

I was wondering if we took a rally and made it into a rwd just by removing the centre drive and front diff cvds ect. Would we end up with a mid motored 2wd lcg.

(This one is a bit silly)
    Would it be possible to put a pinion on the layshaft to act as a spur gear. Mounting the motor in the centre of the chassis would allow a lipo on each side.

The chassis would either need rubbing smooth or putting a carbon sheet to give a fresh layer. Of course trying to keep the c,o,g still.

Would it have a better chance of being the fastest slash. Especially if some crazy man could get 8s strapped up with two 4s short brick gensace or something.

I'll guess it pointless as nobody has tried but I would still like to hear opinions.

Mayb an xo1 combo could be used mayb even something bigger. Diff and mount mounting are I think the hardest parts big mayb the vorza mount or other wrap around motor cradle. Bang in front of the spur gear shaft using and 35t mod1 pinion with 30t opinion on the motor.

The esc in front of the motor then rx box. Both sides will be empty I think. But I'm a noob to building at this level.
    Last edited by RC-PHASE; 05-26-2015 at 08:25 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-PHASE View Post
    I was wondering if we took a rally and made it into a rwd just by removing the centre drive and front diff cvds ect. Would we end up with a mid motored 2wd lcg.

(This one is a bit silly)
    Would it be possible to put a pinion on the layshaft to act as a spur gear. Mounting the motor in the centre of the chassis would allow a lipo on each side.

The chassis would either need rubbing smooth or putting a carbon sheet to give a fresh layer. Of course trying to keep the c,o,g still.

Would it have a better chance of being the fastest slash. Especially if some crazy man could get 8s strapped up with two 4s short brick gensace or something.

I'll guess it pointless as nobody has tried but I would still like to hear opinions.

Mayb an xo1 combo could be used mayb even something bigger. Diff and mount mounting are I think the hardest parts big mayb the vorza mount or other wrap around motor cradle. Bang in front of the spur gear shaft using and 35t mod1 pinion with 30t opinion on the motor.

The esc in front of the motor then rx box. Both sides will be empty I think. But I'm a noob to building at this level.
    I've actually seen this done before with the motor mounted up top like your saying. And also using a pinion gear instead of clutch system. They had to shave the shaft to make a flat spot for the set screw. I'll see if I can find it again. I was just surfing the web for something rc related lol.

RC Champion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2wl8aOYFf8

Here's one of them. Also to be able to run 8s you'll need a bigger motor and an esc that could handle the voltage.
    If you see in the video he's using a spur gear along with an adaptor so he could mount in his motor. Some has used that on the slipper shaft.

RC Racer
    That's cool thanks. I was half expecting replies against it lol. It's not something I plan but thought of it as a way of mayb topping the boards in 100 club.

If someone could squeeze in an xo1 combo and make it more of a direct drive mayb. That video is great tho I will watch that.

Once my rally is built I might start another roller with the new parts I'm removing and may try something like this on that one.

RC Racer
    That's cool thanks. I was half expecting replies against it lol. It's not something I plan but thought of it as a way of mayb topping the boards in 100 club.

If someone could squeeze in an xo1 combo and make it more of a direct drive mayb. That video is great tho I will watch that.

Once my rally is built I might start another roller with the new parts I'm removing and may try something like this on that one.

PS Er33 your builds are great and inspiring me. I've just picked up all of the xo1 diffuser parts at I think a bargain price of $17 shipped to England lol.

It doesn't include the front bumper or splitter. But does include other items. I have no idea how to install this stuff yet tho lol do I have everything needed from this listing to fit the sides and rear?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traxxas-1-...item5b12515db0

RC Champion
    Here's another setup using a dual motors
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthrea...ht=Rcmaniac357
    As for your ebay listing I would get it all. I put it on my sons car, and I'm going to put it on mine once my new body come in

If you can find just the front and rear diffusers (bumpers) and just the side pieces that's really all you'll need. You don't need those little pieces that you see in that listing. It already has the rear bumper. And that's pretty cheap for what's there now actually.
    Last edited by Er33; 05-27-2015 at 09:40 AM.

The rally is a very versatile RC. Only your imagination can hold you back on what can be done...most of the time.