RC Qualifier

Center Diff and 4s

First post in this section

So i just bought a GT8 Conversion from a member here and want to race it in the future at a local track in Dec when the season starts back up (Long time off I know). I have read a lot of posts about the the center diff being used for racing but not being used with more than the 2s batteries. Also, most posts if I remember correctly always lead back into upgrading the slipper to REVO (Current) HR or RR.

So to the question - I should be running a center diff for racing and u what center diff upgrade should I get to handle 3/4s power?

Thanks in Advance

RC Champion
    I ran a FLM center diff in my backslash. On 3s never had an issue. Then again I have a friend that had to change out his center diff as he was constantly shredding Spurs, lots of wheelies and it diffing out cause major heat. I would personally run the Revo slipper on 4s.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    LOL - Guess I should have just asked you first anyway - thanks

RC Champion
    Hey others might have different opinions or experiences.

RC Champion
    Check you PM's bud!!!

RC poster
    My center shaft ended up wobbling crazy with the stock Traxxas diff on 4C. I upgraded to the E-Revo slipper clutch and have run up to 5C and runs solid
    Last edited by Sprocketspinner; 07-15-2015 at 12:26 PM.

If you take it easy it may survive 4s. You would have to put insanely thick fluid in it to stop the front tires from ballooning though. At that point you may as well have a revo slipper then.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    Hey Guys,

Actually working on this on the 4x4 thread. FLM case should be here next week.

JimDog, this the crazy part: MOST say "thick fluid" to try and reduce the balloon effect. And guessing they are probably right but a couple very detailed threads show users stating best use with lighter. Going to have to try this myself to see I guess. When I do install it it will be on 10/30/7.

Right now running 3s, 2700kv, 16-18/40, and Revo Slipper "on pavement track" and no complaints - but I don't lose much traction either.

FYI - All my cars have "complete drive train upgrades"

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocketspinner View Post
    My center shaft ended up wobbling crazy with the stock Traxxas diff on 4C. I upgraded to the E-Revo slipper clutch and have run up to 5C and runs solid
    So the e revo slipper clutch fits the slash 4x4 no issues I have the center diff but I'm only running 3s 50c now bout to jump up 2 a 4s

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Luv my slash