Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Totally dismantled it!!
    Some awesome beach trips and rock trips brings the summit to the end of another yr of bashing and to the start of a few months "Resting In Pieces".
    But on the bright side (not really bright for my bank) the huge and exciting parts list is nearly finalised.
    Summit; Spartan; Others yet to come

Total Rebuild..chassis, and rockers has been dyed..New driveshafts, New arms, New axle carriers, New big joes, New body and cage, Savox servo, New TEKIN Monster Power.

RC Enthusiast
    Made some chains for the snow, all 4ft of it. Now I know why I have a Kyosho Blizzard for the deep stuff.

#14 Jack chain for the "circles" 24 links.

#12 Jack chain for the "cross pieces", 8 of them, 5 links long.

Cross pieces are every 6 links on the #14 chain.

24 links (48 holes) / 8 cross pieces = cross piece every 6 links, nice and even.

RC Champion
    Gonna go out and bash with some friends. We're all finally getting together. Well have a two 1/16 summits, two 1/16 erevos, and my big papa 1/10 summit! I'll post some pictures if I get any.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskoka View Post
    Made some chains for the snow, all 4ft of it. Now I know why I have a Kyosho Blizzard for the deep stuff.

#14 Jack chain for the "circles" 24 links.

#12 Jack chain for the "cross pieces", 8 of them, 5 links long.

Cross pieces are every 6 links on the #14 chain.

24 links (48 holes) / 8 cross pieces = cross piece every 6 links, nice and even.

Looks great - please report back on how they work

RC Enthusiast
    @kirkham1963

Tried them today on my buddies snow track. I'm new to trucks so I have no reference for comparison, but my buddies are well versed in trucks and all they said was "holly crap, do we ever need chains". They were both very surprised at how well they dug in. My buddy maintains the track very well, get's the snow blower out when it snows to keep a nice base. It's a mix of hard packed snow / ice from the thaw we had just over a week ago, and the Summit had no problem at all. One buddy ran multiple laps around the track, and he was very impressed with how they performed. He's not easily impressed, but these chains put a big grin on his face. For close to $25 in chain, and about 2 hours work (first wheel taking most of the time), I'm very happy as well.

RC Racer
    I love my chains on the summit I ran today with the mudslingers, and I much prefer the canyons with chains in the snow.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Ya slingers are way to aggressive for snow

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Ya slingers are way to aggressive for snow

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Agree with that. Just got done trying both Slingers and Canyons in the snow and Canyons are much better.

As far as what I did to my Summit today....spent the day making metal panels for my tuber rock racer body I'm finishing for the Summit. Need to paint tomorrow and she will be done. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Yes in deed

I just cleaned out my motor and changed the gearing from 17/68 to 18/68 on my DeWalt.
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeAtonXMaxx

RC Racer
    Took it to the park for some standing back flips.

Father: 1/10 Summit Mamba | Son: 1/16 Summit VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsheasby View Post
    Took it to the park for some standing back flips.

Wow! I'm speechless. That is a down right impressive amount of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a careless and childish use of an rc vehicle. Your hooliganism shows just how far from the ideal summit portrayal you have fallen. These foolish shenanigans would surely have you banned from the Traxxas boards!!!!!

( ok now what motor/gearing combo was that again? - impressive )
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Champion
    That is awesome! Very impressive amount if power.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    What a careless and childish use of an rc vehicle. Your hooliganism shows just how far from the ideal summit portrayal you have fallen. These foolish shenanigans would surely have you banned from the Traxxas boards!!!!!

Ha! I know. I am ashamed.

My tires were definitely not meant for this, but I couldn't resist.

My motor is the Mamba Monster 2200kv and my gearing is 18/52.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsheasby View Post
    Ha! I know. I am ashamed.

My tires were definitely not meant for this, but I couldn't resist.

My motor is the Mamba Monster 2200kv and my gearing is 18/52.
    4S or 6S? .
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Racer
    I de-chromed my stocker wheels. By the way, the Easy-Off blue cap (low fumes) doesn't cut it - I spent a day trying to get it done. Then went out and bought the yellow cap Easy-Off - two applications and i was done - about 3 hours.

Then I built a wheel mount to hang a spare wheel off the back, but because of the size of these wheels and tires, it just looks stupid. That's something you do on an Apache, Twin Hammer or a true scaler truck.
    Last edited by Francis de Gruchy; 01-26-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    Don't believe everything you think!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I just cleaned out my motor and changed the gearing from 17/68 to 18/68 on my DeWalt.
    Let us know how the 18t works. I'm sure it will be faster than the 17t, I'm curious about your crawling and how the 18t does. When i was playing with different pinions i had the 11,14,17,19, and 21t. I never tried the 18t. What tires are you running?
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC poster
    Man I love this thing! Lets see...I put in full telemetry, easy offed the stock wheels..lovin the solid black look, I sanded and painted the bead rings black, t-bone racing a-arm skids front and rear which by the way are awesome! double orange springs in rear, and just ordered the spc 8200s. Also waiting on dusty motors zipper cover for the chassis. Thats it for now, not sure what next..any ideas??..lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by groundpounder2975 View Post
    Man I love this thing! Lets see...I put in full telemetry, easy offed the stock wheels..lovin the solid black look, I sanded and painted the bead rings black, t-bone racing a-arm skids front and rear which by the way are awesome! double orange springs in rear, and just ordered the spc 8200s. Also waiting on dusty motors zipper cover for the chassis. Thats it for now, not sure what next..any ideas??..lol
    You did all that TODAY?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by groundpounder2975 View Post
    What a mission. Although in perspective it's quite doable in a day..
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post

Interesting, careless and childish use of...a toy. Might come in handy during the International Rock Crawling Parkour Championships.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about any forum issues - the diffs or some other drivetrain component will fail long before due to that abuse, err... fun. So long as there is no whining, crying, bawling, moaning, or boohooing over that, I think we're all good.

Somehow I don't think that's a concern with Bsheasby. Thanks for sharing the video.

I didn't do anything to mine. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up enough to paint the Dewalt, but that doesn't seem to be in any short-range forecast.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-29-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    4S or 6S? .
    4S. After seeing this thing on 4S, 6S would be scary...and probably expensive in replacement parts.

RC Champion
    hmmm got some more plans figured out

getting a order of bearings from avid to get it up and going again. put down a pre order for a set rc4wd mudslingers. and will be looking into some spc lipos and a tekin setup
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis de Gruchy View Post
    You did all that TODAY?
    yep!..now I will say that the wheels I put the ez off the night before to let it do its thing, but yeah, in 1 day.It wasn't that bad

RC Champion
    Completely tore her down to the chassis. Dyed the chassis black. Also dyed the rocker black. Got the thing all the way back together even. I very stupidly took the screws out of the diff servos and when I was putting them back in I broke on of the gears in the servo. Went and got some replacement one and got it fixed. I'm loving the black chassis!

RC Champion
    ordered part # 3992 ....I used the wrong length screw awhile ago and ended bending the shaft just slightly .

other then that I got the whole driveline cleaned lubed and ready to go for the next couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Let us know how the 18t works. I'm sure it will be faster than the 17t, I'm curious about your crawling and how the 18t does. When i was playing with different pinions i had the 11,14,17,19, and 21t. I never tried the 18t. What tires are you running?
    Whoops, sorry I missed your post.
    Anyway, it's great. I'm getting about 26-27 MPH with 18/68. It crawls just fine, I didn't even notice a difference from the 17t. I run 17t in the summer to help keep the temps down, but when it's its winter it's a gearing free for all. The tires depend on the weather. If there is snow out side I use the stock canyons, and it's the snow melts I use my Pro Line Trencher X's.
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeAtonXMaxx

RC Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post

Oh yes oh yes - nice dude

RC Racer
    Lol thanks, but I cant take all the credit. Most of the mud was from my 5 year old daughter. Those are the little feet you see in the pics.

RC Competitor
    Sadly, I looked at it and almost cried. My Summit is broken. Doesn't even bother to move. It turns on, sounds fine, looks fine, but doesn't move. I just need to find spare money to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by RCROCKS75 View Post
    Sadly, I looked at it and almost cried. My Summit is broken. Doesn't even bother to move. It turns on, sounds fine, looks fine, but doesn't move. I just need to find spare money to get it fixed.
    what's broken ? Maybe at the least we can recommend something to prevent it happening again.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Quote Originally Posted by RCROCKS75 View Post
    Same as previous Post. What is broken?

If none of the wheels are turning then probalby the motor just slipped off and no more contact to the spur gear. Check this first!
    Last edited by soundmaster; 02-03-2014 at 08:49 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis de Gruchy View Post
    I de-chromed my stocker wheels. By the way, the Easy-Off blue cap (low fumes) doesn't cut it - I spent a day trying to get it done. Then went out and bought the yellow cap Easy-Off - two applications and i was done - about 3 hours.

Then I built a wheel mount to hang a spare wheel off the back, but because of the size of these wheels and tires, it just looks stupid. That's something you do on an Apache, Twin Hammer or a true scaler truck.
    Here's the final product:

RC Champion
    well this week ordered a set of stock rims and placed an order for some mud slingers but unfortunately there was only one pair in stock and the second set will be in stock by the end of this month.

other then that cleaned some bearings a-arms and skid plates still haven't got it back together yet...

RC Qualifier
    just finished installing T-bone racing bottom skid plate and A-arm protectors. I also got the front and rear bumper but im not sure that ill be using them. also got the chassis skid plate and front bumper for my sons mini summit.

here are some pics of the truck and my little helper.

RC Racer
    I remember when mine looked that nice.
    Drive Angry My Friends!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull View Post
    I remember when mine looked that nice.
    me too!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.