RC Competitor

Revo Wing Mount Question?

I have the Tekno adjustable wing mount on my Revo 2.5 and love it, it makes a great handle and keeps the car safer when it turns over.

My issue is with the fitment of the body and how much I had to cut it, see below. Is there another mount that I can use that won't require to cut the body so much? I would like to get a new body but I don't want to cut it up so much.

Thanks.

The traxxas mount is curved and allows a little less of the body to be removed (its also a better mount IMO). With the body set low any mount will require you to trim the body, just depends on how low you go.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

With the 2.5 chassis you 're limited as to the body's you can use if you go to the 3.3 chassis you can use the platinum revo body and it doesn't need to be trimmed.
    Last edited by fallonguy; 08-10-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    You have you body set very low. I will take a pic in about 30 mins of my body and post it. I only had to trim a very small amount in the center section.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy View Post
    With the 2.5 chassis you 're limited as to the body's you can use if you go to the 3.3 chassis you can use the platinum revo body and it doesn't need to be trimmed.
    Oops...I wasn't aware of that. I have a 3.3 so the standard body took very little cutting. Didn't know the 2.5's were different.

Last edited by Double G; 08-10-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fallonguy View Post
    I have and I am considering it. But with the cost of the chassis, the drive shafts, steering links, new body, 3.3 engine, then if I go with new tires, hubs, and FOC to make it more like a true 3.3 then I am about 1/3 of the cost of a new car without the better radio and a few other things. So I don't know if I want to go that route.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man View Post
    The traxxas mount is curved and allows a little less of the body to be removed (its also a better mount IMO). With the body set low any mount will require you to trim the body, just depends on how low you go.
    I might give it a try. Does the mount 5411 fit the Revo 2.5R? I might give it a try along with a new wing, either 5446 or 5446G (Carbon Fiber).

Yes the traxxas mount will fit the 2.5R model. Stay away from carbon fiber wings unless its a shelf gueen.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes the traxxas mount will fit the 2.5R model. Stay away from carbon fiber wings unless its a shelf gueen.

WHY stay away from carbon fibre , if you advise something explain the reason

RC Racer
    If snook says stay away ....then stay away!!
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

RC Champion
    The carbon fibre wing is brittle. A plastic wing will eventually get a little distorted from a few tumbles, but the carbon fiber wing will break long before that. It cannot withstand the twisting. Although it is carbon fiber, and everyone would assume it is super strong, the shape that it is made into (wing) makes it weak overall.

Shelf queen is slang for not ever driving it. So that kinda was an explanation, in that it can't take regular driving, and is only for cosmetic reasons.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Enthusiast
    guess I have to wait for it to break then

RC Champion

RC Enthusiast
    BTW...the CF wing is NOT CF. its the plastic wing with a faux CF overlay so its the same wing.

RC Champion
    Yes, you are correct. My bad. I didn't mean that it actually was carbon fiber, I just continued to use the term to make a point. I can see by reading my post again, that it does come across as me saying it is carbon fiber. Again, my bad.

I could have just explained it as, the Traxxas carbon fiber wing is known to break.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Enthusiast
    No worries brother. . Yes they're brittle but just wanted to make sure everybody didn't think that it was actually carbon fiber. Wish we could get some real carbon fiber wings.