Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Wow this is getting silly. People who like it and/or love Traxxas products sure are fired up in defense of this truck. As I stated before.... I too like my Traxxas stuff (have a Sl4sh and Digger Pede). I'm just bummed that with the resources that the designers have they seem to have just repeated themselves for the most part. Why not have a TRX vehicle that stomps the competition? Something worthy of competing in the rock crawler or rock racer field? And their price point of $299???? You can build a bada** version of the competitors vehicles for that and have a much more capable ride. And will someone please tell me why no original wheels at least? Silly as it sounds but some NEW wheels with some chunky off road tires would even make this more appealing.

RC Competitor
    I'd buy one just for bashing around in the snow. I have way too much $$$ into my SCX10 and other crawlers/ scalers to get them soaking wet.

I like that Traxxas is try to come out with a budget 4x4. I don't have any issue with the design. Though I do not care for the Titan, but throw in a S600 and should be a good truck. With a $300 price tag - minus tower discount, $250 out the door isn't bad. I would recommend from what I can see.
    MT Slash VXL
    2x Stampede 4x4

RC Champion
    Isn't this "gear clutch" type of slipper also in the Mini E-Revo?

RC Champion
    Now i understand why they picked a 48 pitch spur gear instead of the 32.

Just read the parts list of the Telli:

The lowest ratio is a 90T spur with 12T pinion (Telli -> 48 pitch).

Stampede 4x4 lowest ratio is 54T with 9T pinion (Stampede 4x4 -> 32 pitch).

Now everything include the new slipper design makes sence

RC Champion
    I had to read this just to be entertained by the "haters".... Bashing a truck that only exists on this website at the moment ! When you say TRX should release this and that, do you know how much $$$$ it costs to design, manufacture, market, stock, distribute before it would make a profit ? Well into the hundreds of thousands. As for recycling good working parts sub-assemblies, that's just good business sense! This may come as a surprise to some of you but Traxxas is here to make a PROFIT, not to please everyone. Take a look at the automotive industry and look at all the parts sharing/re-badging that goes on, there is a great financial reason for it !
    When the Slash 4x4 first came out I recall wanting it in a cheaper brushed version, and now they finally have a well priced platform with endless upgrade options/projects. I look forward to seeing some bigger fatter tires from ProLine like the Trencher look, and I'm sure Kershaw will be releasing some brushed options and upgrades. The main thing here is the price point at less than $300. Give it 6 months with a Tower coupon and this will be a lower price based on previous launches. This truck looks like something that I can't quite name.... have to search the net a bit.
    Last edited by BT_EMT; 08-10-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Champion

Yeah the Top Gear North Pole special, similar looking ice rig.

Yes ? No ?
    Last edited by BT_EMT; 08-10-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Champion
    Yes pretty similar.

I definitely have to get such a body for my Stampede 4x4

I sit on the fence with this... I think it's a great entry level for traxxas, and its great base starting point. But, they could have worked a little harder on it IMO. Different tires and maybe a better brushed motor? Also, I came up with a list (no joke) of 27 things why the Summit is better. I think it's great, but it could use a tad bit of work. Just my .02 cents.
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

Honestly this could have been released long ago..
    It probably only took 2-3 weeks of designing, all that needed to be done was make a new body and the packaging and body mounts
    They coulda used vxl links
    Maybe new tires
    But I think it's priced well
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Enthusiast
    Or this 92 Sidekick. Oh oops its outdated too.
    Last edited by dgoll75; 08-10-2013 at 09:20 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BT_EMT View Post
    I had to read this just to be entertained by the "haters".... Bashing a truck that only exists on this website at the moment ! When you say TRX should release this and that, do you know how much $$$$ it costs to design, manufacture, market, stock, distribute before it would make a profit ? Well into the hundreds of thousands. As for recycling good working parts sub-assemblies, that's just good business sense! This may come as a surprise to some of you but Traxxas is here to make a PROFIT, not to please everyone. Take a look at the automotive industry and look at all the parts sharing/re-badging that goes on, there is a great financial reason for it !

When the Slash 4x4 first came out I recall wanting it in a cheaper brushed version, and now they finally have a well priced platform with endless upgrade options/projects. I look forward to seeing some bigger fatter tires from ProLine like the Trencher look, and I'm sure Kershaw will be releasing some brushed options and upgrades. The main thing here is the price point at less than $300. Give it 6 months with a Tower coupon and this will be a lower price based on previous launches. This truck looks like something that I can't quite name.... have to search the net a bit.

I feel you with the profit argument and certainly understand that ultimately it was a choice to save money and make a TON to boot. But can you at least see my point that Traxxas has made PLENTY of money off of all of us that they should be able to spare a bit ON A NEW DESIGN. Its a tried and true platform for sure that has and still works well. But as I said before "why not come out with something to stomp the competitors?"

RC Champion
    I think it's pretty cool. Finally, a traxxas product not claiming high speeds and having customers complain about durability. I like the body and its an affordable 4wd platform. Well definitely see customization from owners and it opens up the doors for other conversions.

Mod wise, you have to love it. Anything you could want is already made for it. Out of the box with a protrac kit and it starts to sound better to me, add some badlands, upgrade to brushless with all of the trimmings or keep it mild with a 21t and I know it'd be a blast around the yard or where ever, cough, truggy pede conversion.

It's quite often when you see traxxas make an rc that doesn't fit into the same old categories that other manufacturers adhere to. They make rc's that blur those lines and offer a more fun/basher approach. People who buy this shouldn't have any problems enjoying it no matter what they choose to do with it.

Well, after thinking about it, I think it's great!! My friends wanted a bigger size than the 1/16's, and they wanted a 4x4, but not for over $400. I think this fits the bill just great!! Also, think about how many upgrades there already is! It's a great budget 4x4, and it already has been proven to be tough and fun to use. I know, it's not a perfect "soild axle trail rig" but Traxxas already proved with the Summit that soild axles aren't everything.

RC Champion

Yeah the Top Gear North Pole special, similar looking ice rig.

Yes ? No ?
    i would like to see this thing with some trenchers

imo it looks jeep like and looks good for muding
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Quote Originally Posted by dgoll75 View Post
    I feel you with the profit argument and certainly understand that ultimately it was a choice to save money and make a TON to boot. But can you at least see my point that Traxxas has made PLENTY of money off of all of us that they should be able to spare a bit ON A NEW DESIGN. Its a tried and true platform for sure that has and still works well. But as I said before "why not come out with something to stomp the competitors?"
    Like I said in a previous post, Traxxas does not tend to go after an existing competitor and out do them. They seem to create something different when they do create a new product then get as much has they can out of the platform. When the Slash came out there really were no Short Course trucks just as an example of what I am talking about. I think Traxxas comes out with more new platforms than most RC companies do, I think they also reuse and get more out of existing platforms than most RC companies do, in short I think Traxxas just does more than most RC companies do.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    I think if it wasn't labeled as a "trail rig" then there wouldn't be any uproar from people. Trail rig is a term that instantly gets people thinking of a solid axle truck with a standard ladder frame chassis. This is neither of those.

If it didn't have that trail rig label everyone would love it.

They should make some new wheels and tires though. Come on Traxxas the slash tire/wheel combo is really getting old. Make something completely new. Or get them from another company like other companies have done before.

RC Enthusiast
    Okay, okay. Lets just agree to disagree. That's what's great about this hobby is we can all have different opinions and they can all be right. By no means will this make me run out and dump my Traxxas trucks. I just have a SCX10 and maybe I'm jaded to the idea of that being a true trail vehicle. To each their own and to those that do eventually get one please let the rest of us know what you think. And I also agree that it's the "trail" moniker that got me fired up to begin with.
    Last edited by dgoll75; 08-10-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Where is it written in stone that trail trucks have to have solid axles? I realize most of them do but did you ever think that this just might be Traxxas thinking out side the box again and setting a new standard? I have a little solid axle rock crawler and it is great for "rock crawling" but for running a trail IMO it is not so great and a independent suspension IMO would be a better set up. In my head rock crawling and trail running are two very different things.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I also had an SCX10 and it bored me after a couple of month because always going slow is just boring. This one can go fast and slow, so what do you want?

The SCX10 can not handle speed by any means. This one can.

I think this truck is much more fun to drive and more versatile than an SCX10.

And it is much cheaper and waterproof too.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Where is it written in stone that trail trucks have to have solid axles? I realize most of them do but did you ever think that this just might be Traxxas thinking out side the box again and setting a new standard? I have a little solid axle rock crawler and it is great for "rock crawling" but for running a trail IMO it is not so great and a independent suspension IMO would be a better set up. In my head rock crawling and trail running are two very different things.
    I understand where you're coming from, but trail rigs are generally solid axle rigs and customized like a full size counterpart. A full size counterpart of the telluride would be a truck 18ft long and 16feet wide (obviously exaggerated but you get my point). In the real world trail rigs are solid axle, because they have better articulation, stronger, and cheaper to build than an independent suspended truck. Most and I mean most not all trail drivers are building a trail rig that resembles their full size truck or building the Rc version of the full size truck they want but can't afford.

Personally I'd love to see a company build a Rc truck that resembles 99% of the real trucks on the market with a solid axle rear and short suspension arm ifs in the front.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vwjuice63 View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but trail rigs are generally solid axle rigs and customized like a full size counterpart. A full size counterpart of the telluride would be a truck 18ft long and 16feet wide (obviously exaggerated but you get my point). In the real world trail rigs are solid axle, because they have better articulation, stronger, and cheaper to build than an independent suspended truck. Most and I mean most not all trail drivers are building a trail rig that resembles their full size truck or building the Rc version of the full size truck they want but can't afford.

Personally I'd love to see a company build a Rc truck that resembles 99% of the real trucks on the market with a solid axle rear and short suspension arm ifs in the front.
    I think you are talking about scalers.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    It can handle trails. Therfore it is a trail truck. What other word would you use in the place of "trail"???
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Well, it looks like there are a lot of pros & cons out there, but what it seems is that TRAXXAS used a lot of existing parts to come out with a "NEW" rig at a cheaper cost, that already has plenty of "upgrades" available for it. I actually like it! I already have plenty of spare parts, & tires available to try out, including brushless setups. So, I'll be ordering one,(or two, my boy will want one too!), and see how it goes! No sense in bashing something you haven't even tried yet!
    Cheers,
    AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

You guys are funny about the whole soild axle thing. I know it's more realistic, but its all about opinions. I think it's cool... Think about it as a $250 brushed Stampede.

IMO, Traxxas should have two levels of RC cars. Like a basic, rtr for cheap for beginners, and then a fully equipped kit/rtr version for us experienced rc'ers. Then again, that sounds like they may be doing that with the Latrax brand.

RC Competitor
    Trail rig have solid axles for one big reason. Scaler/trail trucks are meant to look like 1.1 rigs. Pretty much every 1.1 is solid axle. They use solid axles to keep the power to the rocks. I have seem a few real trail rigs with independent suspension under them. They were terrible on rocks and off camber stuff. That's why RC scale guys want solid axles. Now for the Telluride. I think its a good rig for what it is. And what is it? Its a basher. The Telluride will never be a trail truck. It just doesn't have what scale guys want. I wish Traxxas would make new trucks. This is just a Pede with some mods. It should be called the Traxxas Stampede Telluride. I bet the community would be a lot easier on it then. Seeing as how its a Pede variant and not a new truck. Traxxas has been my favorite RC company for a long time. I just wish they would make a few rigs geared tords what I do. I would love to see a full on Scale truck or a 1/8 race buggy.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I think you are talking about scalers.
    Trail rigs and scalers are very similar. The main difference is street ability. A scaler is the copy of a real truck that you would see driving on the street to a wheeling place and then back after they finished wheeling. A trail rig is a rig that you tow to a wheeling spot and go exploring for a couple days. They are very similar to a rock racer, but are designed for multiple occupants and their gear. They travel over all types of terrain driving down trails.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    Trail rig have solid axles for one big reason. Scaler/trail trucks are meant to look like 1.1 rigs. Pretty much every 1.1 is solid axle. They use solid axles to keep the power to the rocks. I have seem a few real trail rigs with independent suspension under them. They were terrible on rocks and off camber stuff. That's why RC scale guys want solid axles. Now for the Telluride. I think its a good rig for what it is. And what is it? Its a basher. The Telluride will never be a trail truck. It just doesn't have what scale guys want. I wish Traxxas would make new trucks. This is just a Pede with some mods. It should be called the Traxxas Stampede Telluride. I bet the community would be a lot easier on it then. Seeing as how its a Pede variant and not a new truck. Traxxas has been my favorite RC company for a long time. I just wish they would make a few rigs geared tords what I do. I would love to see a full on Scale truck or a 1/8 race buggy.
    That's a great idea for the name. There wouldn't be any uproar if they had gone that route. I fully agree with you as I've said a few times.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by vwjuice63 View Post
    That's a great idea for the name. There wouldn't be any uproar if they had gone that route. I fully agree with you as I've said a few times.
    YUP I agree too. Drop the "trail" thing and call it the Pede Telluride. Kind of like the Monster Jam series. Would have ruffled a lot less feathers for sure....

The Telluride... expand your market with a new design while making use of existing parts where you can. Traxxas does it again. Great job.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    Seems to me a Trail Truck would involve massive ground clearance and slow gearing, like using Jumbo Kongs enabling the rig to get over anything on the trail you may encounter. Pretty much the Summit, but that sucker is EXPENSIVE and dual battery. I'm sure Jang will find some interesting projects for this vehicle.
    I wonder with the Overtray, if the temps would be acceptable to keep the junk out, or use the Outerwears cover. TRX really has maxed out the line with this platform ! Slash, Stampede, LCG conversion, Rally, .... can't think of much else to do with it. With all the parts availablitly I think we will see some good chop shops that will let you pick the exact combination of chasis, tires, body, electronics/no electronics, roller, (Hint Traxxas why don't you beat them to it ! Don't let Fleabay chop shops do it). Tons of alum and RPM parts already available as well as ProLine etc. Wonder if using adapters a meaty tire like the SportTaxx tire would fit. I am pretty tired of the short course tire look, in fact I'm sick of the short course category all together ! Time to revive the Monster Truck category again, but using high capacity SINGLE battery packs in 3s 4s 10k etc., I don't consider the Pede 4x4 a Monster in stock form but maybe they can make one more beast with the Slash 4x4 chasis and have a new size MOnster Truck that isn't nearly the price of Emaxx, Summit, ERevo etc.
    As far as brand new platforms I am confident Traxxas will pop one out when we least expect it. That's about the only thing we can count on is them surprising us. I would like to see some kind of Nitro Revo chasis, modded to take Electric from the factory, not the old conversion. That Revo Platinum hit it out of the park and dominated the MT racing scene. I am thrilled to see the new old RC10 Gold tub alum chasis re-release, I hope TRX does something similar considering the vintage stuff also had gold alum tubs ! For some reason I would also like to see a Front wheel drive system, with the motor up front mainly beacause I like "different" designs... Tamiya has the market on that...
    Last edited by BT_EMT; 08-11-2013 at 05:22 AM.
    3905 E-MAXX

Know what? I'm actually cool with this Traxxas release. I wish they would release a completely new model uses newly design parts It's tiring seeing the same parts being used since 1994(those A-arms...are from the SRT). This is not a "setting new standard" or "thinking out the box" in anyway. This is not going to do what the Slash did back in 2008 to the rc industry. I can currently make this with a stampede 4x4 platform. So it is also not a new design. But it is a new model using a few different parts on a proven platform. That being said this a actually a very nice release. It's design to just cruze around on a trail or offroad setting. Not climb huge rocks or jump 30 feet. I personally see walking behind this, in a forest while doing on a mild hike. I love the look and the body but I do not like the theme style of the body. Put a more outdoors theme on it and you'll have a winner.

Edit. Needs lights like you can get on the summit.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 08-11-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Enthusiast
    I think the key thing that most people are missing here is the difference between "trail trucks" and "scalers". Although they CAN be one and the same, in reality they can be broken up into two categories. A trail truck is a truck meant for general trailing and off roading. If it is scale in appearance, then it's a scaler. For instance, my Summit and Honcho are both trail trucks, but only the Honcho is a scaler. So what I'm getting at is that, IMO, Traxxas was 100% fine to call it a "trail" truck. If they had called it a SCALER, then I would have to agree that would be a misnomer.

My personal taste is that I lean more towards the "trail" side of things. I can certainly appreciate the craftsmanship and attention to detail that true "scaler guys" put into their rigs. But, again just me, I don't need to have a fully finished interior with a laser-engraved shift pattern on the gear shift knob to have a good time. That's why I like the Telluride - it's a trail rig that is another alternative for people. As I said before, it's not going to out-SCX10 an SCX10, but I don't think Traxxas intended it to. I love my SCX10, but it gets a little bit boring at trail runs when EVERYONE shows up with one. A little variety is good.

I said it before and I'll say it again - well done Traxxas!

RC Competitor
    Very well said man^ I like it a lot and can't wait to get one. I wish we could get some actual opinions on this instead of every one complaining saying its the same truck with a different body...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Enthusiast
    It's the same truck different body. Had to bro...

RC Champion
    I don't consider the Pede 4x4 a Monster in stock form but maybe they can make one more beast with the Slash 4x4 chasis and have a new size MOnster Truck that isn't nearly the price of Emaxx, Summit, ERevo etc.
    Quite a few people have been making these already, I just made one for my 9yr old this week. He calls it Slampede, and he really enjoys it. I built it so I could get my E-maxx back, he had kind of laid claim to it. I was just thinking I should put a rear shock tower up front so we can run XXL shocks front and rear just to look a bit more monster truckish.

As for the Telluride, I think it is a great idea. An inexpensive entry level 4x4. I can see them selling like hot cakes at the LHS just like the base Pedes do. I wont be in line for one, but I'm not the target for this, it is targeted at those parents who have bought little jimmy a Walmart RC or two and want something that will last, is repairable, but doesn't break the budget. The fact that it is based on an established platform means there are plenty of aftermarket parts, and upgrade opportunities.
    My tranny case is stock :D

RC poster
    FINALLY! THANK YOU TRAXXAS!!! A trail truck platform that's versatile enough to go through mud, snow, water, dirt, out of the box. It bums me out when I look at my Axial trucks that I had to put tons of money in to make them DURABLE trail rigs. Don't get me wrong, Axial isn't junk by any means. Just takes a lot of aluminum to keep them from snapping when I done playing with them lol. Can't wait to get one of these and put a Proline Cherokee body on it... or better yet... squeeze a Traxxas Summit body on it!
    Last edited by bulldog44sos; 08-11-2013 at 01:57 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    It's a neat truck, though I can't see a purpose for it in my stable. I'd much prefer my 4WD Stampede with low gearing and some heavy diff fluid and have the benefit of larger tires. But that suits where I play better. Still, good on Traxxas for offering more options.

RC Champion
    I think they should come out with an "ultimate" version, just one with locking diffs, motor that is a little more 4x4 worthy(possibly a vxl system), and more crawler like tires. That would make most of us happy.
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I think they should come out with an "ultimate" version, just one with locking diffs, motor that is a little more 4x4 worthy(possibly a vxl system), and more crawler like tires. That would make most of us happy.
    Remote Locking might not work on that platform. Locked would likely be a better option. I would think they would have to completely re engineer the locking diffs from the summit. I doubt that style would fit/work in this one.

Sent from my phone to you. KCCO
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)