Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion

Lightbulb Traxxas sponsored XO-1 high speed run event?

I was just thinking that Traxxas should hold a high speed run event for XO-1 owners to show what they have. As much sponsoring of different motorsports as Traxxas does, why wouldn't they have their own event to showcase the XO-1 or any other Traxxas vehicle for that matter? They could have speed traps and what not to allow people to set "official" speed records. Maybe have 4 or 5 events held at different locations throughout the country? Then they could hold one event for say the top ten fastest to compete for fastest XO-1 in the country. Since they have lowered the price of the XO-1, more people are getting involved with it and I think this would be an awesome idea. Traxxas... are you listening?

RC Champion
    I'd be up for that!

RC Champion
    And I'm sure they could get other companies to jump on board. Max amps maybe? Killerbodyrc? I think this should happen!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    This would be cool. Have different runs, like stock setup and modified. It would be fun just to be able to race someone. LOL It takes more than just a setup, a good finger and control. I'm all up for this!!!!!!!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Yep different classes would be cool. You could have stock, modified, 4s, 6s, 8s and up. 2wd, 4wd, etc. Man how cool would this be!

RC Competitor
    I definately would be down for that would love to bring my XO-1 out!!!

RC Racer
    Most def would be apart of that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

RC Champion
    Anybody in good with traxxas and wanna call them?

RC Qualifier
    I'm out.......too far off the grid. Fly me down there and I'll do 100mph chase demos all day long. lol
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Champion
    Cmon judge. You can make it.

RC Racer
    im in for a south florida meet.
    http://www.facebook.com/RCDrags

RC Champion
    The more people we get to post the better chance we have of this happening. Post up!

RC poster
    Good luck getting Traxxas to even acknowledge you. I have the 6th largest automotive youtube channel in the world, I've emailed and called Traxxas 4 or 5 times about doing some kind of promo like this with the XO-1 and they won't even return my calls or emails. I would prefer they tell me to go screw myself than just ignore me.

RC poster
    I know I haven't posted much but this is me:

RC Champion
    Hmmm... maybe traxxas would be willing to have some sort of xo-1 event at an nhra race. They'll already be there and the nhra runs all across the country. Seems like the perfect scenario. Nice straight prepped surface for the cars. Lots of spectators for plenty of exposure.
    Last edited by ponie1992; 08-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.

RC Racer
    @ HTC ...they will let you on royal purple raceway like that ??? that crash looks similar to a john force crash in 1999 lol. did you get your draglink?

RC poster
    My friend rented the track that day, plus those guys know me and it's not a problem getting to run on the track. I got the link Sunday, I'm actually about to walk out the door to test the car, should go over 100 this time because I just put a XL2 esc on it along with a 60c 6s lipo.

RC Racer
    Let us know how it goes.

RC poster
    Not over 100 today, it kept flipping over. I finally pushed my luck too far and it flipped and slid on it's top into a curb at about 85mph. Time to start ordering parts...

RC Champion
    Cmon guys, let's keep this thread going and maybe traxxas will listen.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm wondering if there's any video uploaded where someone has demonstrated running the xo-1 out of the box to its maximum potential without mods and without it flipping over? As long as I don't see such a video, I'm doubtful this car is capable of 100+mph 'OUT OF THE BOX' or its 'RTR' capability.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC View Post
    Not over 100 today, it kept flipping over. I finally pushed my luck too far and it flipped and slid on it's top into a curb at about 85mph. Time to start ordering parts...
    Yeah mine flipped over at 70+ mph! I was only on the second gear and was using the large splitter. Luckily I used car bumper protectors on the shell so that wasn't scratched too badly. But unluckily, it ended hitting a curb and the rear arm snapped. I'm waiting for parts too. I'm beginning to wonder if the claims made by traxxas is unrealistic....

RC Champion
    I don't know why so many people are flipping the car below 80. Both of mine have been mid 80s and no flipping.

RC Racer
    I believe its all in the condition of the surface people are running on.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by panasonicht75 View Post
    I'm wondering if there's any video uploaded where someone has demonstrated running the xo-1 out of the box to its maximum potential without mods and without it flipping over? As long as I don't see such a video, I'm doubtful this car is capable of 100+mph 'OUT OF THE BOX' or its 'RTR' capability.
    My thread is somewhere on here. All you have to do is adjust the stock shocks and you can hit 100+. I did 102 mph with zero aftermarket accessories. The reason why people can't do it is usually because they don't have a long/smooth enough road or good weather conditions.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Ya it's capable....go watch my you tube videos if you doubt it's capabilities. I don't think anyone else has run their XO-1 for flatout as long as I have stock or otherwise. 83km done so far with it in 8 to 12 km increments. Sustained 15 second full throttle and continuous 80mph plus. 164km/h completelystock while carrying a HUGE (by RC standards) Garmin Map 76 GPS and Contour camera. As far as out of the box 100mph, if you have apple gear you're laughing. If not well then no, but I bought an Ipod specifically for it because my phone was android.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    Yeah mine flipped over at 70+ mph! I was only on the second gear and was using the large splitter. Luckily I used car bumper protectors on the shell so that wasn't scratched too badly. But unluckily, it ended hitting a curb and the rear arm snapped. I'm waiting for parts too. I'm beginning to wonder if the claims made by traxxas is unrealistic....
    If any one tried suing them for false advertising over the XO-1's claims..... their lawyers would be contacting me. lol
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Qualifier
    The car will do over 100 out of the box no problem. I thought that was fairly settled by now. Not the most drivable thing in the world, but it will do it. As far as the high speed event goes, I doubt Traxxas will have anything to do with that. It won't stop my testing though. I have high speed events as often as possible.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    If any one tried suing them for false advertising over the XO-1's claims..... their lawyers would be contacting me. lol
    LOL! That's a good one!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    My thread is somewhere on here. All you have to do is adjust the stock shocks and you can hit 100+. I did 102 mph with zero aftermarket accessories. The reason why people can't do it is usually because they don't have a long/smooth enough road or good weather conditions.
    Well, I just bought replacement XO-1S GTR shocks, fitted my car with sway bars, and now awaiting my aluminium arms. Once those are fitted, I'll run the car again and post the results....keeping fingers crossed.

RC Qualifier
    Well, I just bought replacement XO-1S GTR shocks, fitted my car with sway bars, and now awaiting my aluminium arms. Once those are fitted, I'll run the car again and post the results....keeping fingers crossed.
    Those mods might help a little bit, but if you run it in the same place that was originally giving you grief, the results will probably be about the same. I didn't notice any difference in how the car reacts pre vs post swaybar.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Champion
    Sway bars won't help with high speed runs. They are designed to improve handling when turning. Don't understand why people are spending money on them for high speed runs.

RC Qualifier
    Had the sway bars before the XO-1 . Thought I'd throw the front one on since it fits xo-1 anyways. I wanted to see if it would help mitigate the liberal amount of torque steer the car has.
    XO-1, Roadrunner Slash

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by judgegixxer View Post
    Had the sway bars before the XO-1 . Thought I'd throw the front one on since it fits xo-1 anyways. I wanted to see if it would help mitigate the liberal amount of torque steer the car has.
    If you already had them then I guess it was worth a shot.

RC Racer
    I ordered sway bars with my XO, but not to help with high speed runs. It's my hope they will help keep it from flipping over when turning at any speed. Such as the inadvertent over steer or when turning at the end of a run when it's so far you can't see it well, when avoiding something, or regaining control for whatever reason.

Simply trying to minimize flipping in general.

I will run the car w/o first, then install them to see if I can notice "any" difference.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
    I will run the car w/o first, then install them to see if I can notice "any" difference.
    I'd just try the front & leave the rear off

RC Champion
    Ok so back on topic. Anyone in the Southeast wanna have our own event?
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    I'm up for any event you guys want to have...I live in SC but I bash with a group of hardcore rc grudge racers out of charlotte nc. We race every sunday and we have been trying to get zmax for our rc and full car grudge event. However, the place we run would also make a great place to race.

RC Champion
    Where in SC are you? I'm in Lexington.
    Jeremy

RC Enthusiast
    I'm in Greenville.