Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

What was your first job?

I will be getting a job here soon working for Bob Evans.

Just curious as to know what your first job was.

God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Subway. It sucked. Since then Ive worked at a bike show, automotive rack shop, computer shop and I currently work as a guide for all sorts of out door activities ranging from hiking to mountain biking to shooting.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Competitor
    My first job was working in the watermelon fields lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    my first job was working at a fish market, not a very pleasant job when you get home smelling like a fish
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Competitor
    Dishwasher at a seafood restaurant....hauuughhh....and I hate seafood....
    _ _
    Law #29: Plan all the way to the end.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real_Ghostly View Post
    Dishwasher at a seafood restaurant....hauuughhh....and I hate seafood....
    LOL dishwasher was my 2nd job but that's a whole different story.

RC Champion
    My first job was working at a skating rink...in 1984
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    I worked on a neighbors farm at 13 years old (in 1983). Helped everyday after school. I bought all my own school clothes from then on. I got to do alot of tractor driving so it was real fun as a kid. I got 5 dollars a hour also.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    First job was mowing lawns ...made pretty good money over the summer doing it, trailer park close by I mowed for 10 bucks a yard and had about 25 a week I did...took about 20-25 minutes a yard but I had about 250 week tax free lol
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Qualifier
    3 or 4 years ago, I worked with my uncle on tennis courts during the spring. I worked along with two of my cousins. One of my oldest brothers and a high school friend of my joined later. We rake leaves off of the courts and put new sand down on them.

I went back this year while I was on vacation from my other job. One cousin of two I mentioned got another job, my high school friend was there and my brother was there for a while before he went back to Columbus. It was nice to go back as it was mostly fun. No taxes at all on pay day.
    Last edited by SouperkNight; 07-21-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

Mine was working in the local bakery and did not eat much bread for ages because the smell at first was awesome but after a few weeks I hated it......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Started at 8 years of age on a farm when they needed the extra hands... didn't stop working there until the grand kids took over my "position", during that same time I mowed yards... after that I slaughtered cows... then cleaned the meat department at a local grocery store, moved up the ladder to meat cutter, then worked in meat, produce, and bakery... then sales at a large telephone company, then Project Management at that same company... then they were bought out and I was downsized... worked for a local wrecker repo'g cars and at a local nursery watering trees... then at a pontoon boat factory, started as an upholster and worked my way through to glue booth, wood shop, wood shop management, and then quality control... made some poor life choices and lost that job then started working for an autophoretic company until the auto industry took a dive. Now, I am a stay at home Dad that does side jobs of mechanic work, mowing, and construction.
    Last edited by JimmyNeutron; 07-21-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    In 1998 I was washing dishes at a pizza joint. They have the best pizza in town still to this day. I haven't eaten there since I worked there and although I have always loved pizza, I wouldn't touch it for a couple years after that. Lol
    addicted much....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    Subway. It sucked. Since then Ive worked at a bike show, automotive rack shop, computer shop and I currently work as a guide for all sorts of out door activities ranging from hiking to mountain biking to shooting.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I work there now! Quitting Tuesday!
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Qualifier
    Better think twice about quitting! I'm sure insurance/gas for your mustang isn't cheap!

My first job I worked at a scuba diving store.

Gas attendant back in 1994. I think the price of regular was just over $1 at that point.
    Premium was around 20 cents more. Wow! Do I feel old!

RC Qualifier
    right there with ya Harry lol
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Racer
    Roofing. Loved it. Except for carrying shingles up the latter

RC Enthusiast
    My mother didn't want me working in school, so my first job wasn't even until I graduated high school, where I then started at The Home Depot. Worked there for almost exactly one year. Started off working the parking lot and another department thought I was wasted potential and moved me into the garden center. Had a lot of fun working with customers and received two 'Homer Awards' for customer service, both were from managers receiving comments about me from customers.

Wanted more money and put in some applications elsewhere and moved to a large fire and emergency vehicle manufacturer.

I have been there ever since. Five years and three weeks now. I do the electrical work. It's pretty rewarding seeing everything work when you're done and knowing that truck will literally protect and save lives.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Gas attendant back in 1994. I think the price of regular was just over $1 at that point.
    Premium was around 20 cents more. Wow! Do I feel old!
    I wish gas was that cheap now a days. That's how I remember the price of gas back in the days and I know it was even cheaper years back lol.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    Better think twice about quitting! I'm sure insurance/gas for your mustang isn't cheap!

My first job I worked at a scuba diving store.
    I dont drive to work, I take a bike haha.
    Xo-1
    Pede 4x4 PE - Slash 4x4 PE
    Miss Geico Boat

RC Champion
    I mow my neighbors lawn, but it grows so slow, I mow it once every month and a half.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by YOLOer View Post
    I dont drive to work, I take a bike haha.
    I could bike to town but it would take about an hour or more.. At least 15 miles..I've gone 40 before...
    God is good.

RC Qualifier
    Pizza Hut worked there for 5-1/2 years. Then worked construction for 3 years but could not handle being out of work in the winter so went back into the Pizza bussiness at a Noble Romans. After that I worked on Photocopiers going in and out of different clients offices. Currently am a warehouse manager for the worlds largest electrical supplier for the contruction industry. Been here for 6-1/2 years. I also work at Lucas Oil Stadium as a Suite Supervisor during football season, been there for 13 years. That is great Christmas money for the kids.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

I worked as a kayak instructor for my first job--loved it!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

Plumber's assistant's helper. Dug ditches and snaked (big) sanitary lines. We came in when Roto-Rooter or the like couldn't do it or thought it was too nasty.
    A fountain of violet poo at 13-y-o is not exactly something you forget.

I so don't feel sorry for any of you working in the food service industry, lol.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Carpenter. As a 16 year old I pick corn starting at 5:30 am then go do carpentry until 3:30 pm. Both every day.10 hours per day.
    60% of the time I'm right every time.

IT assistant at Jafra at 21...
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

I mow my neighbors lawn, but it grows so slow, I mow it once every month and a half
    Ha ha, sounds like you need to put a little fertilizer on their lawn!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

My first job was when I was 8
    I would sweep the floors at my dads factory
    When I was 11 I purchased 15 bull calves and raised them until they were just about 1 yr old and sold them at market
    When I was 13 and this year, bieng 14 I've been working in my dads factory for the past two summers
    I do whatever that needs to get shipped out
    Some things I do are quality control, trimming/prep/packaging and stuff like that.
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    My first real job not counting cutting lawns and shoveling snow was a delivery driver for a pharmacy during part of high school. during the summer I worked as a life guard and a Good Humor Ice cream man.. During college I worked as a student advisor and during the summer I was a mate on a charter fishing boat in NJ.. The Job was awful and you couldn't get the smell off of you all summer, but the pay was great and as long as I reminded myself I can make enough money in 3 months to support myself thru college it was worth it. That was over 30 years ago now... I think back at all the good times I had before I finally got a real job.....
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Plumber's assistant's helper. Dug ditches and snaked (big) sanitary lines. We came in when Roto-Rooter or the like couldn't do it or thought it was too nasty.
    A fountain of violet poo at 13-y-o is not exactly something you forget.

I so don't feel sorry for any of you working in the food service industry, lol.
    Yes beautiful work isn't it ksb. I also started working at about 13yo for my dad who is a plumber and i still work for him and am a first year apprentice.
    Those first days i don't forget. digging, digging and more digging. I always got that job as a first time worker.
    Summit; Spartan; Others yet to come

RC Qualifier
    My first job was picking up trash at the local Flea Market on weekends.
    I was thirteen, and making about $3.35 an hour.
    Not a bad gig really, I got free produce from the regular sellers, and occasionally
    I'd find money or other good stuff on the ground.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Lots of variety out there..

I turned in my application on Sunday or Saturday, don't remember which day, haha!
    Haven't had a call back yet but I've been told its been reviewed.
    God is good.

RC Champion
    well ive been experienced but no real job.....ive helped do a couple roofs. countless finished concret floors and basments for habitat for humanity.shovel snow,diging trenches,fixing bikes....cashing in pop cans...most i got in one visit was close to 100 bucks at 67cents a lb and copper wire 60 bucks was the close i got to at 3.5cents a lb the last couple big money job was pooring and finishing concrete driveways......

to say with that im 17 and now have my g3 natural gas license.636 plastic pipeing( pvc,cpvc,abs venting for gas appliences) certificaite and lift certificate for sky jack and genie boom. and more to come lol

so a real job ....still looking for this summer/first
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Offshore powerboat racer (like Miss Gieco)

RC Qualifier
    I had two paper routes, morning and afternoon when I was 12, never had so much money my whole life. Janitor, bus boy, dishwasher, courtesy clerk at Safeway 1.85 an hour thought i was rich, started my own lawn mowing business, service man for Hotsy, Started construction company and have been owner for 34 years.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

I was a paper boy and delivered newspapers on my bike when I was 9, always had a job since...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Champion
    I worked in a little auto shop helping here and there, VW's were their thing. First thing they ever had me do was pulling valves out lol. jumped right into it.

Now i'm a ford tech.
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Enthusiast
    plastics factory for 3 days anyways. i signed on at a very busy time and i was put on a machine as a trimmer but the 2 rings it stamped out looked exactly alike. so i'm sure i gummed up the works pretty baddly lol it was nice to be working but that place was ...well words the traxxas forum police don't allow. lol so it provided me no sleepless nights. second job was amazing! transportation for the railroad i got to beat the crap out of a passenger van all day. and explore all those little access lanes along the tracks. never buy a railroad van people! lol saddly that just didn't pay enough.