RC Competitor

Need help with oil setups

Hey guys,

I'm using my merv on parking lots / gravel now a days and am looking for the best oil setups. I currently have 26mm tires on there (similar to what the rally runs)

Wondering oil for shocks front / back
    And all three differentials, I have the centre one installed as well.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Are you running stock shocks?

Any jumping at all?

Only my thoughts (I do not drive my cars on the pavement), but would think stiffer in rear to reduce acceleration compression (saggy bottom changes camber and toe) and looser in the front to create a dippy and grippy front front end for more aggressive cornering.

I am running 60w all around for off road with some 20' jumps with alum shock bodies and oring mod to prevent leaking.

For your use maybe stock 30W front and something slightly heavier in the rear.

EDIT: Also I have not tried setting rebound on the minis yet, but think I might do that this weekend if it cools off enough (Or I get up early enough to beat the heat). IE compress the shock a little before capping it to produce the same effect as running a lighter oil??
    Last edited by igglesfan; 07-19-2013 at 12:46 AM.

RC Competitor
    I have the gtr shocks, and some jumps might not be out of the question but nothing crazy

Thanks for the advice

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    I use 100 wt in the shocks. But you can pop the caps. I'd run around 80 wt with black/tan front/rear springs. Dif oil, I think the recommended wights are 30/100/50.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

I run Black springs and 85 weight oil all around.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    I run 70 weight in the stock shocks, black fronts, pink rears, 50k in the difs, and 100k in the center dif. I do lots of speed runs and jumps on pavement as well as some light track use. Adjust your preload until you can push down on the car and it springs up so the drive shafts are a little above straight across. It's a pretty good all around setup IMO.
    Its a Summit thing, you wouldn't understand.

RC Racer

Thumbs up

I am currently on rally springs, 2.9 front 80w, 3.4 rear 240w (ae 3000cst) summit red pistons, HR shock bodies.
    MERV - 3S 23/50
    Revo 3.3 - stock

RC Competitor
    Thanks for info guys!

RC Qualifier
    here is a link to jangs set up on it he running 100wt and black and pink springs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkQuT5EXXw
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO