RC Qualifier

what do use to clean your r/c?

Someone had a solution of simple green and something else that they used to clean and it came out brand new looking , i tried the search button with no luck. Any one know what it was or you you have your own solution for getting your r/c clean? thanks

RC Qualifier
    I use trakpower speed wash the pink stuff in a spray bottle, I always take out all my electronics then wet the truck, spray it down with trakpower let it sit rinse with a high pressure setting water from the hose and wipe down, I want to try this 1 spray I heard it works great and you can spray it on your electronics even if they're not waterproof

Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    USE SIMPLE GREEN!!!!! ITS AMAZING!!!!! I did a revo I owned for a while and I cleaned it with that and it came out looking mint!! It was amazing and I will clean all my trucks with this from now on gets rid of all dirt and oil and gunk in one easy sweep..........and best of all IT CLEANS BEARINGS AND MAKES THEM SMOOTH AS SILK even when they are jammed they clean right out
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

RC Qualifier
    here you go it actually gets applied after you clean
    http://rcxtremekleen.com/

Quote Originally Posted by slashbasher24 View Post
    USE SIMPLE GREEN!!!!! ITS AMAZING!!!!! I did a revo I owned for a while and I cleaned it with that and it came out looking mint!! It was amazing and I will clean all my trucks with this from now on gets rid of all dirt and oil and gunk in one easy sweep..........and best of all IT CLEANS BEARINGS AND MAKES THEM SMOOTH AS SILK even when they are jammed they clean right out
    X2!!!

Plus, Simple Green does a really great job at softening up tires making them more sticky.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    thanks all, wolf that was exactly what i was looking for , i think using stuff readily available is the way to go, thanks

RC Enthusiast
    take out motor/ esc spray it down with a garden hose and gun attachment. then use weslys tire cleaner or simple green. give it a minute to work.. spray it down with the gun again once you have it nice and clean use an air compressor to thoroughly air it. then wd4 all the metal bits you can reach. it'll look like brand new..minus the battle damage.

RC Qualifier
    My way is close to yours but simpler. I take the body off and the batter out but I don't remove my "waterproof" electronics. I spray it with simple green and give it a little scrub where necessary. (inside of the wheels) Then I put it in the laundry tub and spray it off. I try not to direct right at the receiver box. Blow it off with the air hose and WD 40 the metal parts.

I rinse mine off with water and lean it against the garage wall for a while then reverse. I don't do it very often because I rarely take them offroad.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    star brite boat cleaner....if anyones on a quest to find the best cleaner you can buy...there it is!

Denatured Alcohol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I bought all the ingredients mixed it all up and have 2 spray bottles handy at all times. Sold a Slash the other day and cleaned it up with WOLFSLASH16 magic formula and it looked brand new. I'm glad I found this thread because I could not remember who to thank for this creation. So thank you WOLFSLASH16.

RC Qualifier
    I use truck wash. Spray it on and in everywhere. Let it sit and eat the dirt away. Hose it off. And you have a clean truck.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    I bought all the stuff to make it and just notice the spray bottle I bought is missing the center tube! Boo, oh well tomorrow I will get it.

RC Qualifier
    Oh I used to wash it and then use PBS blaster, it worked well but being on the road traveling I had it tucked in the car or the aPartment the smell was real strong! Can't wait to use the new formula

RC poster
    Ditto on the Simple Green. I spray my trucks down with Simple Green and let them soak for a minute or two to clean all the dirt and grease off. Then I rinse with my garden hose. Works great.

Be careful using P'blaster and WD-40. They are oil based, so they make the parts shinny. But beware, it will attract dust and crud LIKE CRAZY, so you'll end up cleaning your truck more often if you use it. Just my .02 cents.

RC Qualifier
    I got all the ingredients and made it, I didn't have stainless cleaner so I thought I would use chrome polish............. Don't do that!!! Lol
    It didn't hurt anything but didn't break down and I had clumps spray out . It cleared up Clem I wiped it dry but it is in
    Some tight spots

I got all the ingredients and made it, I didn't have stainless cleaner so I thought I would use chrome polish............. Don't do that!!! Lol
    It didn't hurt anything but didn't break down and I had clumps spray out . It cleared up Clem I wiped it dry but it is in
    Some tight spots
    You can re make it with out the stainless steel cleaner, that's just a option.

I swear by WD-40 after cleaning my r/c's. It's great because it displaces water and removes surface rust, which is inevitable when using water to clean. You can use all the towels and/or compressed air you want, but you'll never get all the water out of every little hiding spot.

It seems a lot of people don't like it because it attracts dirt. But here's the part you're overlooking: WD-40 actually keeps dirt from sticking to your vehicle. So if you blow it down with compressed air after you run it, it will look like you just washed it again because the WD-40 acts as sort of a barrier between your car and dirt.

As far as PB Blaster goes, I would stay away altogether. It is a catalyst and will eat away at certain materials on your r/c. Actually WD-40 can be bad for rubber parts such as o-rings and seals. Blaster is just way more aggressive. Eventually your sealed bearings and water proof electronics will be anything but because the rubber that is sealing them will deteriorate. Just something to think about.

It seems a lot of people don't like it because it attracts dirt. But here's the part you're overlooking: WD-40 actually keeps dirt from sticking to your vehicle. So if you blow it down with compressed air after you run it, it will look like you just washed it again because the WD-40 acts as sort of a barrier between your car and dirt.

Ummm, it leaves a oily residue. How could that help? It just makes dirt and dust stick more!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post

Ummm, it leaves a oily residue. How could that help? It just makes dirt and dust stick more!

Stick to what? I can assure you it doesn't stick to the car. It sticks to the WD-40 itself. Trust me. Try applying a light coating and go run in the dirt. I guarantee it will look like new again with nothing more than compressed air. That's not gonna happen if you use Simple Green only. True SG does a good job of initial cleaning, but that about it.
    Last edited by harry697; 07-19-2013 at 06:40 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Nitro fuel does an amazing job at cleaning up cars and making them shiney.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

Stick to what? I can assure you it doesn't stick to the car. It sticks to the WD-40 itself. Trust me. Try applying a light coating and go run in the dirt. I guarantee it will look like new again with nothing more than compressed air. That's not gonna happen if you use Simple Green only. True SG does a good job of initial cleaning, but that about it.
    Um, ok. All I know is way back when I first got my Slash, I would "clean" it off with WD-40. After about one month of owning it I had slop everywhere. All the ball joints where worn out, and even the a-arms had slop in them! To compare, I've had my Slayer for a year and 3 months now, and I've drive the same places I did with my Slash, and my Slayer has NO slop anywhere. The only difference is I would clean my Slayer off with Simple Green, not WD-40. Just from my experience, yes, WD-40 does make your truck look like new, and displace the water. But like you said,
    You can use all the towels and/or compressed air you want, but you'll never get all the water out of every little hiding spot.
    The WD-40 gets everywhere, even in the places you can't get to, so the dirt will build up, a.k.a like in the ball joints.
    Just my .02 cents.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 07-19-2013 at 10:27 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Recently was having a pain cleaning up an old abused nitro tmaxx and found a can of carb cleaner does awesome just re oil where needed
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Champion
    Been doing this for years and kind of perfected the best cleaners for what I do..
    General Cleaning.... In a quart spray bottle... 1/3rd simple green concentrate, 6 oz denatured alcohol and fill to top with water. Simple green for whatever reason works best when used with water.. the denatured alcohol along with the simple green is an incredible degreaser and won't harm plastic..
    bearings or burnt on motor gunk.. 75% simple green and 25% denatured alcohol.. works great as well and really cleanes bearings and motors well.. you can use 100% simple green as well, but I find the alcohol makes it work better..
    Dry vehicle with compressed air and finish with a misting of wd40 on the suspension and bearings( after bearings have been regreased or lubed)... Other than scratches the car will look brand new.. As others have also said, it really softens up the rubber on tires.. I race alot of touring cars and I've used straight simple green to soften up tires quickly and works "almost" as well as expensive tire sauces... Don't use any alcohol on tires as it will draw out the oil in them leading to early cracking.. (dry rot).
    Last edited by cenracer1; 07-19-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

Harry is right. I use WD40 and it dirt simply falls off when you go to clean it. for the hard to reach places get a brush or air compressor.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP