Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Hey viperZ.....is that a big block in your slash or you just pleased to see me add to your thread?.....Lol....really put in perspective how big that motor is.!!!!

RC Champion
    ^^^ One of these days I think I'm going to need the 2028 and something to put it in

RC Qualifier
    Wow.......where did you acquire a shrink ray gun from?....I want one Lol....that is a beast!!!!....

RC Champion
    I might want whats on the right more.....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Your right Sean....it looks more refreshing....Lol

RC Champion
    I could see you putting that into a sandrail buggy with some huge paddles on the back and throwing a 100ft rooster behind it

Don't those develop like 5hp or so??

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    I might want whats on the right more.....
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Your right Sean....it looks more refreshing....Lol

Ha, Ha, are you serious...? I would only want what's on the right more if I was dying of thirst in the desert with no means to civilization I want to just by one of those motors just to have sit on my desk, for the "some day inspiration", silly I know, but I don't have a problem stating I am OCD

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    I could see you putting that into a sandrail buggy with some huge paddles on the back and throwing a 100ft rooster behind it

Don't those develop like 5hp or so??
    I like the way you think!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Ha, Ha, are you serious...? I would only want what's on the right more if I was dying of thirst in the desert with no means to civilization I want to just by one of those motors just to have sit on my desk, for the "some day inspiration", silly I know, but I don't have a problem stating I am OCD

I like the way you think!!
    It's always easier to spend someone else's money I always got a kick out of watching the sand drags, nothing but overpowering madness.................should fit right in for that motor................and you LOL
    Hey, I know you do some airbrushing, I sandblasted a body to get a nice flat matte finish on a Traxxas #7318 Boss 302 Mustang body and it came out very cool IMO. There are a few pics of it posted in the photo gallery of the Boss 302 1/16 thread and in the Market Place too. The sandblaster was somewhat inexpensive Amazon $37 made by Badger..........you are gonna want one I know it LOL
    I bet that motor when started will twist your wrist! Gosh that is huge and impressive!

RC Champion
    Your assessment of the situation and path forward is too funny!! Yeah when you put it like crazy over powered 100foot roosters, I soo want one now, you're a great salesman!

Cool, on the sand blaster, I'll go check out the thread you're referring too, thanks!

RC Champion
    Maybe you load up some Traxxas parts on a chassis like this and................http://chuckworksrc.com/Slice_Da.php

I bet Chuck would find a way to accommodate your motor into one of his chassis!
    Yep, two 3.8 Sandpaddles glued up tandem on each side, heck that would make a good snow machine too lOL

RC Champion
    That looks like a nice unit!

Tandem paddles? with skis would be crazy!

RC Competitor
    Holy smokes i bet i could power my wheelchair with that 2028!!

RC Champion
    I'm sure it would power many items like chain saws, rototillers, Jacuzzi pumps... etc as well

RC Qualifier
    So ok.....less of the talk about it.....have you bit the bullet yet?...Lol...time is ticking......touch them tanks and boom......booby trap!!!!

RC Champion
    So ok.....less of the talk about it.....have you bit the bullet yet?...Lol...time is ticking......touch them tanks and boom......booby trap!!!!
    Nope, not yet... A person has to let these things simmer, boil, simmer, boil, cycle until it boils over

Remember my post back with the 1/5th buggy? That one has the the 2028 motor and XL2 ESC

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5566347

I do have some kooky plans for the Ultimate however... Stay tuned it'll be coming soon....

RC Qualifier
    Lol.....yes I remember......I'm always tuned....Lol....I love the smell of napalm in the morning

RC Champion
    I know buddy, and I thank you for that

RC Champion
    I got a video put together from the Beach Bash this summer. This was the first run with the Castle MM2/1415-2400kv. It was a great time that ended after 3 packs with a broken OEM axle. It was a lot of fun that day!

Best viewed in Full screen HD

RC Champion
    Thanks for the video!

RC Racer
    Looks like a blast at the beach. Nice video.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the video!
    Thanks for checking it out and commenting

Quote Originally Posted by Cglennrichardson View Post
    Looks like a blast at the beach. Nice video.
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun! I need to do it again soon

RC Qualifier
    Wow....that's awesome....takes me back to my beach run.....such great fun....brill vid viperZ

RC Champion
    ^^^ Thanks Dude!

RC Qualifier
    Forgot to say....deep purple...highway star.....very fitting

RC Champion
    Ha, Ha.. Thanks Dude! When I inserted some other tunes, non car related, it just felt strange.. But Highway Star felt right

RC Champion
    Got some new hardware for the Ultimate!

A bit of size perspective

RC Qualifier
    Aren't those on backwards? I would think you would want the beavertail part towards the front. They look awesome!
    (1) Ultimate Slash 4x4 & (1) HCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    You actually got'em! Lets see how integy holds up with this product....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wfburton159 View Post
    Aren't those on backwards? I would think you would want the beavertail part towards the front. They look awesome!
    I think you are right! I was thinking the same when I was taking pictures, however the instructions lead a person to believe otherwise... I was just excited to get them on and see how they fit. I mixed up the back and fronts already. I cant see a difference, but the PN# are different..

You actually got'em! Lets see how integy holds up with this product....
    Yeah, I'm not expecting too much, if I get a season out of them with out having to worship the parts wall it will be a success!

RC Competitor
    Expecting snow so soon?!?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jason26 View Post
    Expecting snow so soon?!?
    This is Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada... You can never be too prepared You know that

RC Qualifier
    Great Scott of the Antarctic.....they look awesome viperZ....

RC Qualifier
    Too cool!!!! Can't wait to see these things in action.

On a side note; I've decided that we are going to split up the city into "cool kid" zones since I can no longer keep up to you , you get the east, I get the west.
    You left me in the dust long ago! Hahahaha!!!

RC Qualifier
    Remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg
    I seen it at SEMA in 09' it's quite the machine.

RC Enthusiast
    Love to hear your feedback on the snow/sand tracks, and how they work.

I was considering getting a set of the sand tracks, or the Pro-Line slingshot tires for some sand dune driving.

RC Champion
    Great Scott of the Antarctic.....they look awesome viperZ....
    Suddenly I'm reminded of the movie Madagascar and the penguins trying to get home

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Cart View Post
    Too cool!!!! Can't wait to see these things in action.

On a side note; I've decided that we are going to split up the city into "cool kid" zones since I can no longer keep up to you , you get the east, I get the west.
    You left me in the dust long ago! Hahahaha!!!
    I can't keep up to my self....

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Cart View Post
    Remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDNLUzjkpg
    I seen it at SEMA in 09' it's quite the machine.
    Yes, and my feelings probably will still be the same. It will be more fun to rip and shred with tires, but the tracks are needed for the floatation

Quote Originally Posted by absolutsurgen View Post
    Love to hear your feedback on the snow/sand tracks, and how they work.

I was considering getting a set of the sand tracks, or the Pro-Line slingshot tires for some sand dune driving.
    I'll be sure to post about it. Personally I don't know how it will go, but my gut fell is this is a lot of weight to have hanging off the axle.

RC Qualifier
    plans for the rear mud flaps? (trax appear to sit much wider)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    plans for the rear mud flaps? (trax appear to sit much wider)
    Yeah, coming off

So, Re-Boot! I installed the track properly with the correct retainers. it seems the difference between the front and back is just the clips that restrain the track in place. I did a test run around the back of my shop, it's hilarious! Certainly not mean to be as fast as wheels, but it is all about the floatation in loose snow and sand. The smallest pinion I had was a 18t, so I well go to the HS tomorrow and see about a 15 or 13t.

I have another STC body planned for this operation, however I'm thinking now I should get a buggy body or maybe something like an E-Revo.... just so the tracks throw snow outside of the body.

I got 2 JConcepts LCG Overtrays for this snow operation, however I'm thinking a specific snowbuggy looking machine may be fun

RC poster
    I'm new to all of this. I have some basic knowledge, but could use some advice.
    I just got a Slash 4x4 Ultimate. It came with 5000 MAH 7.4v 2cell Lipo. I also got a 5000MAH 11.1v 3cell Lipo (I was a good deal for the second battery). Can I run the 3 cell in the truck as it is? Or doi need to change a gear or get some kind of fan? What are the benefits?
    I know these questions may be basic, but I am very new to this. 1 month ago I got my son (6 years old) a Rustler XL-5 for his birthday, and I was jealous and had to get a truck of my own. I feel like a kid again, I'm having a ball. After upgrading several broken parts on the Rustler with aluminum, I saw the wisdom in going for the ultimate for myself. Thanks for any input.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmorrison View Post
    I'm new to all of this. I have some basic knowledge, but could use some advice.
    I just got a Slash 4x4 Ultimate. It came with 5000 MAH 7.4v 2cell Lipo. I also got a 5000MAH 11.1v 3cell Lipo (I was a good deal for the second battery). Can I run the 3 cell in the truck as it is? Or doi need to change a gear or get some kind of fan? What are the benefits?
    I know these questions may be basic, but I am very new to this. 1 month ago I got my son (6 years old) a Rustler XL-5 for his birthday, and I was jealous and had to get a truck of my own. I feel like a kid again, I'm having a ball. After upgrading several broken parts on the Rustler with aluminum, I saw the wisdom in going for the ultimate for myself. Thanks for any input.
    Hi, Welcome!

Yes, you can run your truck with the 3s lipo. Just pay attention to temperatures of the motor and ESC. I would suggest getting a Fan for the motor and ESC, and then adjust the gearing accordingly to temperature. Decrease the pinion size to reduce temperatures.

The benefits of going to a 3s over a 2s is voltage, more voltage equals more power, thus speed. The OEM motor is expressed as a 3500kv. That's means it will put out 3500rpm for every volt. With a 2s, 7.4 * 3500 = 25,900 RPM. Using a 3s, 11.1 * 3500 = 38,850 RPM.

Hope that helps