Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by K_1_M View Post
    Nice runs!
    How is the the new transmitter working for you?
    Thanks K1M! I'm really liking the Transmitter in how it feels relative to what the vehicles are doing. I feel much more in control due to the tactile feel and response. It's allowing me much better precision in vehicle placement on the road.

I'm looking forward to some customized routines and set-ups, once I get some time.

Photo from Yesterday's Speed Runs

Last edited by ViperZ; 09-15-2013 at 02:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Hi viperZ....brilliant vid of speed run....love the kicking up dust as they fly by....and the awesome sound of the rally as you hold up and open the throttle up....awesome.!!!!.... can't believe how much the drive shafts are punished!!!....although the speed runs get me excited there is just something that gives me a real good feel factor and huge smile when you take the ultimate on the rough terrain....keep the amazing work up....received decals on Saturday so a big thankyou boss....will try and do body shell at the weekend....work has been stupidity busy at the moment so finding time is a struggle....but hopefully will get some paint action going this weekend....thanks again bing...your a true gent!!!

RC Competitor
    ViperZ - Your speed runs with the Rally are having me consider one of those instead of the Slash 4x4 for our next vehicle...

Can you suggest any good bash spots in YXE? We haven't really left our own local park yet, and the curbs on the street make front yard bashing a little expensive! Thanks.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Hi viperZ....brilliant vid of speed run....love the kicking up dust as they fly by....and the awesome sound of the rally as you hold up and open the throttle up....awesome.!!!!.... can't believe how much the drive shafts are punished!!!....although the speed runs get me excited there is just something that gives me a real good feel factor and huge smile when you take the ultimate on the rough terrain....keep the amazing work up....received decals on Saturday so a big thankyou boss....will try and do body shell at the weekend....work has been stupidity busy at the moment so finding time is a struggle....but hopefully will get some paint action going this weekend....thanks again bing...your a true gent!!!
    Awesome, Thanks Simon! Yes, I'm hoping my next solution solves that problem for a while. It is a lot of fun, but yes you are right, there is only so much fun in top speed passes. I want to get the Rally to Handle really well as a road car too. More so that all out speed. If that was the objective I would have started with an X0-1... Hmm....

Great you got the Decals! I'm sort of wanting to do a Gulf Porsche, GT40, or GTP Bentley as well. However it would have to be a 1/10 for the Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by jason26 View Post
    ViperZ - Your speed runs with the Rally are having me consider one of those instead of the Slash 4x4 for our next vehicle...

Can you suggest any good bash spots in YXE? We haven't really left our own local park yet, and the curbs on the street make front yard bashing a lit0tle expensive! Thanks.
    Hey Jason, thanks for your comments. I think you can't go wrong with either, it all depends on the surface you want to run on the most. I thought I would build the Rally car as great cross vehicle, however I was sadly mistaken, as it's becoming a dedicated GT8 car now.. No idea why it took this direction, it just did

For Bashing, the BMX track behind the Lakeview Tennis dome is a great site. Be sure to take a run on the red shale baseball diamond behind the center as well.... We also go to a small section over in Diefenbaker Park. Its actually a small trailer park with a small circuit made by passenger cars/trucks coming in and out, with a small mound of dirt to make things real interesting. Also Paradise beach is a great place if you want to do any sand running... And the Exhibition Grounds is where I've been doing my on road runs. That's about the main haunts we've been attending, but I'll be sure to let you know if I find any other great places. Same for you, if you find anything of interest, please do let us Sask guys know... Seems there are a few of us on this forum now, which is great!

Whoa, I ordered a box of Stainless Screws mid last week, they arrived today That's Fast!!
    Last edited by ViperZ; 09-16-2013 at 06:26 PM.

RC Champion
    Received my STRC Aluminum Bell Crank for the Ultimate today. After setting up one of these on my Rally, it's very apparent its a great upgrade to reduce steering slop within the system. So much so I had to get one for the Ultimate as well. I'll post more pictures of the bell crank installation when I get some time.

As well as a box of Stainless steel screws. I was in need of some extra screws, so this sounded like a great way to go.

STRC Aluminum Bell Crank

Box of Stainless Steel Screwz

RC Champion
    Do you have a nice set of hex drivers Viper?
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Do you have a nice set of hex drivers Viper?
    Sure, why do you ask?

I think so, they work well enough for me... I have a collection from over the years.

Left to right:
    A set I got on ebay, next my favorite and most used set which I bought from Heli-Pal, next a set of Dubro ball drives from the 80's Yellow are Imperial, red are metric, then a set of Bondus ball drivers, not sure where I got them form or why I have them. The Allen set on top are Metric and Imperial, which I've had for some time. I've used them primarily for my bicycles and cars, so much so I bought another set for the tool box in the garage.

This is a set of compact Integys I use in the field, as well I have another set of those Blue ebay ones in my field tool bag, cause some time you have to have 2 of the same size driver.

Dang, ^ that's fancy! I'm still using the stock tools!
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeTeton

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Dang, ^ that's fancy! I'm still using the stock tools!
    Nothing wrong with that, we all have to use what we have at times... Thanks!

Tool collecting can be a hobby in itself

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    For Bashing, the BMX track behind the Lakeview Tennis dome is a great site. Be sure to take a run on the red shale baseball diamond behind the center as well.... We also go to a small section over in Diefenbaker Park. Its actually a small trailer park with a small circuit made by passenger cars/trucks coming in and out, with a small mound of dirt to make things real interesting. Also Paradise beach is a great place if you want to do any sand running... And the Exhibition Grounds is where I've been doing my on road runs. That's about the main haunts we've been attending, but I'll be sure to let you know if I find any other great places. Same for you, if you find anything of interest, please do let us Sask guys know... Seems there are a few of us on this forum now, which is great!
    Thanks for the tip about Deifenbaker, as its a short drive away I've been meaning to checkout the exhibition grounds and we found the stop. I'm following the Slash forum as my oldest son wants to try racing SC next year so we're planning a conversion plus a new Slash for me.. But after seeing how they bash their Stampedes again, it might be better to just get him going with another Slash rather than a conversion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uot1xREmdzY

RC Champion
    That's Great Jason! Thanks for the video, makes me want to get a Stampede too Make sure you try out the BMX track as well!

What type of conversion were you refereeing to?

RC Competitor

What type of conversion were you refereeing to?
    LCG Slash conversion. Partly because a neighbour kid got one and my oldest likes it better than his Stampede looks wise. But he thinks he may like to try racing next year, and I'd join him.

Probably best to keep my eyes out for used completes or rollers though. Sticking with Traxxas as its want we have spare parts for, and I find them super easy to work on.

BMX track will probably be our next stop. Also tempted to try the skatepark by Riversdale which we already frequent with scooters and skateboards. But that could be an expensive bash session!

RC Racer
    Whoa, I ordered a box of Stainless Screws mid last week, they arrived today That's Fast!!
    U should try great hobbies from ontario, they are pretty fast too !

RC Champion
    LCG Slash conversion. Partly because a neighbour kid got one and my oldest likes it better than his Stampede looks wise. But he thinks he may like to try racing next year, and I'd join him.

Probably best to keep my eyes out for used completes or rollers though. Sticking with Traxxas as its want we have spare parts for, and I find them super easy to work on.

BMX track will probably be our next stop. Also tempted to try the skatepark by Riversdale which we already frequent with scooters and skateboards. But that could be an expensive bash session!
    I don't know how many parts are required to convert a Stampede to a LCG Slash, but they two seem very similar in interchangeable parts. We converted a regular Slash to a LCG and it went really well. I got the whole conversion kit off ebay for around $50. Jordan likes the LCG a lot.

I haven't tried a skate park, just because the concrete seems very unforgiving and hard on the truck, but maybe... Just take it easy..?

You can take your trucks to the Sask Off Road Club's track and try it out for a small fee...

Quote Originally Posted by Slaysse View Post
    U should try great hobbies from ontario, they are pretty fast too !
    I have bought many of my kits and supplies from Great Hobbies! They are my go to online hobby store, next to ebay

RC Competitor
    I don't know how many parts are required to convert a Stampede to a LCG Slash, but they two seem very similar in interchangeable parts. We converted a regular Slash to a LCG and it went really well. I got the whole conversion kit off ebay for around $50. Jordan likes the LCG a lot.
    Its really no different than converting an HCG Slash. As its longer you need a new drive shaft, but then it should be running. To be complete we'll be adding Slash bumpers, Slash body mounts, a SC body and SC wheels/tires. Its cheaper than buying a Slash outright, especially because we already have added some aluminum parts and MIP CVDs.

I haven't tried a skate park, just because the concrete seems very unforgiving and hard on the truck, but maybe... Just take it easy..?

You can take your trucks to the Sask Off Road Club's track and try it out for a small fee...

I have bought many of my kits and supplies from Great Hobbies! They are my go to online hobby store, next to ebay
    Yeah, been meaning to head out to that track. From their forums they will let the Stampedes run with the SC class. Though I don't see us doing much more than practice time for some time.

+1 on Great Hobbies. I've had good experiences with them.

RC Champion
    Sure, why do you ask?
    I was wondering if you were going to install all of those screws with the stock set, which would probably lead to the stripping of many screws....

RC Champion
    Its really no different than converting an HCG Slash. As its longer you need a new drive shaft, but then it should be running. To be complete we'll be adding Slash bumpers, Slash body mounts, a SC body and SC wheels/tires. Its cheaper than buying a Slash outright, especially because we already have added some aluminum parts and MIP CVDs.

Yeah, been meaning to head out to that track. From their forums they will let the Stampedes run with the SC class. Though I don't see us doing much more than practice time for some time.

+1 on Great Hobbies. I've had good experiences with them.
    Ahh, it seems to make sense as there is so much family lineage through the Traxxas line, I think it's brilliant!

Good luck with the boy running the track and racing, its great you can get them involved and have something in common!

I was wondering if you were going to install all of those screws with the stock set, which would probably lead to the stripping of many screws....
    Right you have to be more careful with stainless, but it is more elastic. I'm not looking to replace every single bolt, rather just to have bolts and fasteners on hand when required.

I got the STRC Bell Crank installed. It looks and seems to work well. I compressed the saver spring in my vise to take some pressure off the system. It has tighten up the steering system nicely.

Disassembly of the front to get to the bell crank

The OEM System

STRC System

And because I know you all want to see more of my pearl neon green truck lol

RC Qualifier
    Hi viperZ....so that steering crank does make a difference?...another new shiny thing to add to my list...Lol......how is the new slipper working out?...gotta love that body..really does look good.....you the man.....

RC Qualifier
    I have the aluminum steering bellcrank as well, I found the steering was a tad quicker and there was less slop in the tie rods, I like the servo saver as well; just be sure not to tighten it up too much.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks clint....what do you mean by the servo saver....do you use the existing one?

RC Champion
    Thanks clint....what do you mean by the servo saver....do you use the existing one?
    Clint's referring to the STRC bell crank and it's designed servo saver. Because it is a more rigid system form the plastic OEM, you have to be sure you do not tighten it too much or it will strip the plastic gears in the OEM servo first before really saving the servo at all. The only OEM part reused is the spring . The reason I compressed the spring in my vise was to allow the top pressure collar to bite on with a good amount of threads, and not apply too much pressure. If you go for one, just be sure you can get the servo saver to engage by hand. It should take some force, but not too much and not to little.

Many people will go to a full metal gear servo after adding one of these, but you can get away with the OEM plastic one provided it's set right. I have a metal gear in my Rally and I'm getting one for the Ultimate.

The difference in play and slop is noticeable from the plastic OEM one to the STRC aluminum one. Now if only i could eliminate the play and slop in the TRX aluminum caster blocks....

RC Champion
    Now if only i could eliminate the play and slop in the TRX aluminum caster blocks....
    Time for STRC??????

RC Champion
    Time for STRC??????
    Maybe I have the STRC ones in my Rally, and the front end is a lot tighter, like night and day!

RC Champion
    Some parts arrived today. My Traxxas Rea aluminum shock tower to replace the STRC one that I bent in my huge 60mph crash last week. A full set of Traxxas 6851/2R CVDs, and a full set of Hot Racing Graphite slipper pads for the Double power slipper clutch in the Ultimate.

The Tower I installed. its a nice unit and the color matches nicely with the other OEM Ultimate aluminum bits. However I was fond of the STRC lighter blue,. Oh well

The 6851/2R CVDs I was planning on installing in my Rally, but have since went with 11104 XD MIPs for the wider Protrac suspension going into that build, so these will be relegated as spares.

The 6 pad Graphite slippers will be spares until I need to rebuild the clutch. Currently the Hot Racing Double Power clutch using the 4 long pads is doing a great job I think so I may as well keep on with it.

Its been needing something since the last one

Very nice unit, and strong I've read

Traxxas in back, STRC up front

So cool looking! ^
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeTeton

RC Qualifier
    Beauty!
    I need that dual fan setup you have there.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    So cool looking! ^
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Cart View Post
    Beauty!
    I need that dual fan setup you have there.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by viperz View Post
    thanks man!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Hhahhahah thanks for brightening my afternoon! Bummer on the shock towers, I love the colors on them!!!

RC Champion
    No Problems guys, great to have a laugh or two around here

I received my VG Racing chassis brace today, as well as a pair of the RC4WD 44 Array LED light bar. This think is build really well and is super bright!! It is longer than I though, thus not sure how to fit it in, but we'll see...

Nicely made aluminum housing which acts a built in heat sink

44 super Bright LED's.... Yeah babyee!

It really hurts the eyes, and is hard to capture in pictures as it oversaturates the camera sensors

RC Champion
    Looks great! Wish I had money...

RC Champion
    Looks great! Wish I had money...
    Don't we all...

RC Racer
    I need lights to run at night!!!
    ------
    Team RCE Slash 4x4 (x5)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkcooper View Post
    I need lights to run at night!!!
    It really helps!

RC Qualifier
    that's a high quality h2o light you have there viperZ.....Lol....looks soooooooooo bright and looks amesome

RC Champion
    that's a high quality h2o light you have there viperZ.....Lol....looks soooooooooo bright and looks amesome
    Thanks Buddy! I'm sort of questioning its bashability.. Don't get me wrong it looks well built, however the mounting is supect as I don't feel it can survive the abuse it might see mounted on the roof. Mounted behind a bumper or as I have shown in my Rally thread, it probaly would survive. Its when it on top I feel the delicate aluminum mounts are more suited for scale rock crawlers than all out bashing with no regard, like I put my Ultimate through

Oh, well, I had to possess these items, and it was more intended for my Rally build. I just bought 2 to save on shipping in case I decided I wanted to mount one on my Ultimate as well.
    Last edited by ViperZ; 09-20-2013 at 01:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    That's a dam shame.....but hey it looks real cool..and maybe just use it for cruising around town at night....is it the light bracket itself your concerned about?....I'm sure a man of your caliber can come up with a good mod?...

RC Champion
    That's a dam shame.....but hey it looks real cool..and maybe just use it for cruising around town at night....is it the light bracket itself your concerned about?....I'm sure a man of your caliber can come up with a good mod?...
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Simon! It may be stronger than I think, It's just the thread swivel pin is some thin about 1.83mm, which just seems to me would snap at the first landing on the roof from a big jump. Mounted behind a bumper I think it would be okay.

I may look at opening it up and installing a thicker 3mm stud.

RC Qualifier
    wow viperZ.....I see what you mean that is a tiny thread.....yeah sounds like a good plan dude

RC Champion
    I opened it up and with counter sink screw and hole enlargement in the side plate, it can be done. Then I would have to construct my own l brackets for mounting... It can be done

If anything it lets me know I can run them as is, until they break and then modify it....