RC Competitor

Slash with Tekno m6 driveshafts - 3rd party 12mm to 17mm adapters?

I have the Tekno M6 driveshafts on both my Slash 4x4's, and I couldn't be happier about the quality. But since the shafts are 6mm, things can get quite expensive. Since i'm running 3s and fairly large wheels I'm stripping plastic hexes by the hour. The wheels themselves are also taking a beating and i'm therefore thinking of getting 17mm adapters.

But getting the Tekno 12mm -> 17mm adapters for both Slash's would set me back $100, not including shipping. That's quite a bit. Does anyone know if there are any other adapters that would fit the Tekno driveshafts?

RC Qualifier
    maybe the XO-1 hexes?

Slash with Tekno m6 driveshafts - 3rd party 12mm to 17mm adapters?

Tekno 17mm hexes and 12mm aluminum hexes are great. Their 12mm plastic hexes are very soft.
    A machine shop should be able to ream out any 5mm-bore hex to 6mm if you are interested in going that route.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-10-2016 at 10:04 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    I've got some aluminium m5 hexes lying around, I have access to equipment for enlarging that to m6. But that would only fix half the problem. The problem with wheels breaking would still be there, and that's why i'm thinking of going on the 17mm route. Something tells me that those wheels are sturdier.

When you say tekno 17mm hexes, you're talking about their adapter kit? As I wrote in my first post, that would set me back $100 for both vehicles.

RC Competitor
    Ok, it's quite hard to find information whether the XO-1 parts would fit the Tekno M6 driveshafts. While I'm waiting for someone (hopefully) replying to this thread, I ordered two sets of TKR1654-17 which is enough for one of the vehicles. Blindly ordering XO-1 parts could end up everything becoming much more expensive than it has to be ...

Aluminum hexes will deform far less, so you probably solve much more than half your problem there. 17mm hexes are much more robust and will not strip out UNLESS they get loose.
    @ price: Sorry, can't help you there.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    Yes, i definitely want aluminium hexes, but i also want them to be 17mm. It's hopeless to find dimensions and specifications online. I can find heaps of various adapters, etc, but they rarely write any specifications that could help me draw any sorts of conclusions whether they might work on my setup ...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you say it will set you back $100 for both vehicles, are you looking for something else hacked together or what?

you already spent the money on Teknos, do it properly and get the adapters.....

These toy trucks aren't cheap, and it gets more expensive when you are running 17mm and 3s on these things......

Even the HR adapters I run are like $30
    TRUMP 16!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    you say it will set you back $100 for both vehicles, are you looking for something else hacked together or what?

you already spent the money on Teknos, do it properly and get the adapters.....

These toy trucks aren't cheap, and it gets more expensive when you are running 17mm and 3s on these things......

Even the HR adapters I run are like $30
    Thanks for your input. I totally agree with you. I've therefore ordered one Tekno set while I'm investigating this. If there are no other viable, good quality solutions then i will order another set aswell. I would never install something "hacked" and risk damaging my babies.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    the HRs are a great unit, but not sure if they bolt on the teknos. I run the HR on MIP Xduty axles
    TRUMP 16!

RC Qualifier
    I had mine installed for 40 dollars just got the 2 sets of adapters

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RC-nightmare; 10-11-2016 at 06:17 AM.

RC Competitor
    rc-nightmare, that looks great!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jahknee View Post
    rc-nightmare, that looks great!
    Thanks 😊

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk