RC Competitor

forward only tranny conversion

So I got a tranny with both forward and reverse. Got the optidrive and shift servo, etc.... well I didnt realize I only had the 2 channel 2.4 ghz remote. So the problem now is that if I jump and I land on the rear of the truck. The shift rod that goes into the tranny jars into reverse. So I wanna convert to forward only. How hard is this to do. And which gears do I remove. Ive never been inside a revo tranny. I havr tore down a few others like the jato and s maxx tho. But neither had reverse.
    Zip ties work wonders for broken shock towers!

Pretty much the ones that have to do with reverse. You'll buy the FOC kit and read the instructions which primarily replaces all of the output shaft gears.
    The Super Derecho

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    with the FOC you'll have less rotational mass by taking all out the reverse gear, shift fork and other components along with it.
    humay has left the building, peace.

Forward Only Conversion (FOC) is a pretty simple install, especially if you've taken apart other transmissions before. The TRX directions are spot on, and VERY helpful. I would buy the kit, and do the install... Then never look back like most of us have done.
    Learn by doing

One of the Easiest and best upgrades you can do is FOC... IMHO... Pretty much the reason why reverse is now an option instead of standard in the newer models IMHO...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall