RC Competitor

resetting tq 2-ch 2.4ghz to factory settings?

Anyone know how to? Its the model with only the set button, not set and menu. Steering servo went out and I start messingvwith it and all 9f a sudden the steering wheel controlled the fwd/rev motions. The manual only has instructions to factory reset with the set and menu style transmitters.

I'd google more but a combination of impatience and being at a kids birthday party has me posting. Thanks

Edit model tra6516
    Last edited by 19frank90; 07-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Double check to see if you have accidentally plugged in the ESC into channel 1... there are two channel 1's on Traxxas receivers.

Channel 1 = steering servo
    Channel 1 = empty
    Channel 2 = ESC
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    thats all fine. I recorded this just now. When I turn it on the esc is green/lipo mode. I dont know why, I've always used it in nimh mode since thats what I use. Then when I turn on the radio/transmitter, the esc gets faint red and the traxxas link rx turns red. When i try to bind the rx and tx again, the tx light turns green but the rx keeps blinking red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4GNcubVGsc

Sorry I do not know how to reset your controller... I looked without finding any answers either. Maybe a call to Traxxas is in order to figure that out.

However, I have seen your issue plenty of times with the 1/16th scale RC's... it is most likely your steering servo causing the issues. I have seen "working" servos cause electrical issues LOTS of times... simply unplug it and leave it unplugged to test. If everything goes back to normal your servo is shot and in need of replacement.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    What if I unplug it but it doesnt go back to normal?

RC Competitor
    That was it. Unplugged servo and turned it all on, motor runs fine.