Thread: Why LaTrax?

Why LaTrax?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this decision for me. What was the point of reviving the LaTrax name after all these years, just to use it as a re-badge? I mean, the average 5-year-old can tell that it's obviously Traxxas. So why put the LaTrax name on it instead of just staying with Traxxas, considering it is 100% Traxxas and has little to no resemblance of anything from the original LaTrax brand?

Just seems like a weird move IMO.

RC Champion
    I would suppose they are trying something like the major car companies do. A great example would be the ford ranger and the Mazda b series. Both are small trucks and share engines, transmissions, and rear differentials. The Mazda sells for a bit less and has less of an appealing exterior, but essentially you get ford reliability for Mazda price. (those who hate ford, please keep it to yourself its only an example.) Maybe traxxas has seen a decline in sales, because other places like are becoming more appealing to the lower priced market. However, buying cheaply made rcs, results in cheap breakable parts. Personally I would be more inclined to recommend a latrax vehicle knowing that its built by traxxas, because of their dependability and reputation for better made parts. Add in the fact that they are U.S. based with distributors world wide and you get a cheaper, but better built, rc for beginners with readily available parts.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 07-04-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Content
    Rustler, Bandit, Summit, Emaxx, Rally, and Alias

RC Competitor
    Is seem LaTrax target at young customer like my kids!
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

I see it more like the Honda Motor Company. Acura is their high end division which = Traxxas, and Honda is the mid to low end division which = LaTrax. Yet high quality at either level...
    "We know who you are"

I guess it makes sense when you guys put it that way. Perhaps I wouldn't have questioned it if they had come up with a new name for this line instead of bringing back a name from decades ago. Then again, the average new guy probably won't even recognize the LaTrax name these days.

Speaking of re-badging 1:1 cars, has anyone seen the latest re-badged Chevy Trail Blazer? Had one at my job a couple months ago. It had either SAAB or Jaguar emblems on it. Can't remember which, but it was one of those two. I think that brings the Trail Blazer-type count to 4 or 5 now.

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Speaking of re-badging 1:1 cars, has anyone seen the latest re-badged Chevy Trail Blazer? Had one at my job a couple months ago. It had either SAAB or Jaguar emblems on it. Can't remember which, but it was one of those two. I think that brings the Trail Blazer-type count to 4 or 5 now.
    That would be the Saab 9-7 X...

I believe Traxxas will bring back the LaTrax brand in a way that all will understand the reasoning of the big ole WHY?
    "We know who you are"

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Someone knows sumpin'^^^^
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Someone knows sumpin'^^^^
    In my Sergeant Schultz voice, I Know Nothing
    "We know who you are"

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Hopefully it will be traxxas on road racing division...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    Maybe it's for the people who originally bought the LaTrax stuff. I have young kids, 4 yrs and 8 months, and I have noticed over the last few years all the toys I played with have made a come back, stuff like GI Joe and Transformers. I think companies do this so parents will buy their kids the toys they played with, to kind of replay their childhood. But maybe Traxxas just wanted a piece of the beginner market share. Because I can't see myself buying my 4 yr old a $400 RC. Because for me half the fun is wrenching on mine, but kids won't get that enjoyment out of fixing and tinkering.
    1/10 Xray T3. No Traxxas RCs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Maybe it's for the people who originally bought the LaTrax stuff. I have young kids, 4 yrs and 8 months, and I have noticed over the last few years all the toys I played with have made a come back, stuff like GI Joe and Transformers. I think companies do this so parents will buy their kids the toys they played with, to kind of replay their childhood. But maybe Traxxas just wanted a piece of the beginner market share. Because I can't see myself buying my 4 yr old a $400 RC. Because for me half the fun is wrenching on mine, but kids won't get that enjoyment out of fixing and tinkering.
    Traxxas caters to all budgets, and levels with their current line-up. Bring LaTrax back just adds more options (which is a great thing) for us all. Looking around other forums, I have seen many from the beginners, to the vets all excited about the Rally.

Traxxas knows how to get folks excited...
    "We know who you are"