RC Enthusiast

Considering Brushless

The titan 775s are definatly an upgrade.... Not enough for me though! looking for a brushless system for my 1/10th e revo. Any other options other then the Mamba Monster? Can i use nimh batterys? Do i need to upgrade my 27mhz receiver? thanks in advance

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forums. Hobbywing makes a good brushless system for about $200. Yes you can use the nigh batteries, but they will not provide very much power. I would recommend SPC lipo batteries. You can get 2x 2s 5000 mah lipo batteries for $60. You can use the 27mhz receiver but it is kind of glitchy and can make problems at high speeds.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Enthusiast
    Wow, thank you for the quick response. Which brushless would that be? Can you link me to the 3 things you just suggested?

I would also recommend some Lipo batteries if you are going to upgrade to brushless. Yes, you can use nimh, but heat issues are more of an issue and you get a lot less run-time. SPC as posted is a great choice plus they are pretty cheap!.

SPC Batteries Link

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.specpointbatteries.com/in...?productID=125
    ??? says right on it not for use for brushless e revos? lol

RC Champion

RC Enthusiast
    Those batterys say not for use with 1/8th scale e revo?
    Is this a good brushless system? Worth the money?

RC Champion
    I think people still use them with the e revo's, but don't quote me on that.
    As for the brushless system I have heard it works good, but you could consider getting a slightly used castle set up.

RC Enthusiast
    yea debating, how could i run lipo with the 775? would it give it more power? If i bought that to start with, then bought the brushless system later on?

RC Enthusiast
    You got low voltage cut off?

+1 for hobbywing xerun brushless system less than half the price of a mamba monster setup with similar specs and no major issues so far.

Its a bit blue tho lol

RC Enthusiast
    The evx-2 has lvc. says the book anyways. Will definatly be looking into the xerun soon! my nimh batterys might have just blew, dont seem to be charging at all now so might be getting lipos sooner then i thought!

RC Competitor
    Another option which is what I went with about two weeks ago was the Tekin RX8 combo, it is a little bit more than the castle system but it is sensered like the Xerun, it also has a bit more power then the xerun too. One thing I do like with the tekin is it logs your runs so you can see the voltage, the throttle position, temps, and motor rpm after your run. The only he only draw back is the price and you have to solder everything your self. Also agree with everyone else, you do need to go to lipo's if you are going brushless. If you want some more information on my decision feel free to PM me.
    E-Revo RX8 2000KV
    Rustler VX4 3900KV
    2WD Slash

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks but money is the issue.. The cheaper the better

RC Competitor
    Then in that case you can get an xerun for around $225 and thru Traxxas you can trade up to a castle for $250. I was looking at the xerun and the tekin over the castle because it is sensored. I don't have any experience with non sensored brushless systems, but from what I have read they have better control at slow speeds. Either way you go, I am sure you will like your choice, and won't be sorry for the upgrade.
    E-Revo RX8 2000KV
    Rustler VX4 3900KV
    2WD Slash

RC Enthusiast
    No mate not ideal.
    Erevo with xerun brushless system

RC Competitor
    I agree this is not a good set up for an e-revo, look at the 1/8 scale motors and esc.
    E-Revo RX8 2000KV
    Rustler VX4 3900KV
    2WD Slash

RC Enthusiast
    alright thanks