RC poster

Slash bad sound help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqe...e_gdata_player

That is my slash after I have rebuilt the diffs and I have changed the gearing mesh aswell as the centre different to a slipper clutch I have also replaced a few of the bearings and made sure all those compartments are clean. I am out of ideas now so any help would be great.

Cheers.

RC poster
    I had the same issue. It's caused by loose clearance between the motor drive pinion gear where it contacts the rear differential gear. You just need to loosen the screw passing through the curved slot in the motor mounting plate, and loosen the pivot point screw too. Carefully pry the motor around ever so slightly closing the clearance gap between pinion and gear. then retighten the screws. There is a fine balance between too much clearance and too little clearance. You already know what too much clearance sounds like (gears slip). Be careful not to mash everything together too tightly. I find that simply hand-spinning the wheels is enough to hear if there's excessive noise - too tight or too loose.Hope this helps...good luck!

RC poster
    Thanks mate, im not quite sure what your talking about as i am still a bit new to this hobby it sounds like your just getting me to change the gearing mesh but ill give it ago anyway. it will make more sense if i have the car in front of me. Thanks though.

RC Qualifier
    Search for meshing issues you will get it

RC Competitor
    sounds like a rear diff problem. either the ring an pinion gear are shot or the inside of the diff has little gears that can strip to

RC Qualifier
    if this was Posted in the 4X4 section im sure you would have had your answer by now.. this Forum is 2WD

Quote Originally Posted by zanderab View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqe...e_gdata_player

That is my slash after I have rebuilt the diffs and I have changed the gearing mesh aswell as the centre different to a slipper clutch I have also replaced a few of the bearings and made sure all those compartments are clean. I am out of ideas now so any help would be great.

Cheers.
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts