RC poster

Is there a "best" of the 3 tires that come on the Slash from the factory?

Which tire (if any) is better pertaining to handling, wear, softness, etc.?

Kumho -

Traxxas -

BF Goodrich -

RC Qualifier
    they all have pretty bad handling and grip and tend to wear pretty quickly. i would look into proline or jconcepts tires if i were you
    "That don't make NO sense!"

I really cant give you a positive answer on that question,but you might want to look into rubber compounds.
    I thought I heard on these forums once,that traxxas was putting a softer compound tire in some of the box slash's.
    But I dont know this for a fact.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    the best tires are the ones that come from the Slash 4x4 Ultimate S1 race compound

Quote Originally Posted by Smug Monkey View Post
    Which tire (if any) is better pertaining to handling, wear, softness, etc.?

Kumho -

Traxxas -

BF Goodrich -

Slash 4x4 ultimate

BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain™ T/A® Tires molded in S1 race compound
    Last edited by skye; 07-02-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

I hear the traxxas tires they use on the rally are nice
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I am confused to why the CHILDREN on here always second guess to what has been done and said and still really dont learn

RC Racer
    Well im thirteen and i can say that it depends upon the surface. Kumho works well on mud and sand, BF Goodrich runs well on loose dirt, and the other is mediocre all around. All stock tires are pure suck on concrete, and I've half destroyed my BF rears,so im using Proline Trenchers on the back, and they work well on most surfaces (havent tried sand), with little wear. going to get some Badlands for the front when i get a 4wd.
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Could you explain a little deeper? Some CHILDREN can drive the screws out of a truck, CHILDREN are the driving force in this hobby, and even a CHILD knows that that world is not flat. BE NICE TO CHILDREN!

Back on topic...

The s1 tires from my 1st gen platinum were much better than the the harder slash tires. Not quite as sticky and soft as proline m2 compound, but much longer wearing. The s1 compound is a great upgrade to any bashing slash, on any surface. Especially if you upgrade the power. These are not great racing tires, but a big improvement over hard rtr slash tires.

The s1 compound tires are the best of the 3
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    These are not great racing tires, but a big improvement over hard rtr slash tires.
    so true. i run trenchers just because of the grip on the looseness of my area, but the rtrs suck
    -Ganondorf

From experience with mine and a friends' trucks as offroad bashers, the BF Goodrich's seem to be a lousy tire all around, poor traction and wears out fast. The treads are spaced too close together for any decent traction. The Kumho's are significantly better in terms of traction. Don't know what the 3rd tire you're referring to, there's no picture there. I will agree, though, that aftermarket tires are a big improvement over any of the stock Slash tires. I'm currently running Trencher X SC's on my Slash.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    AGAIN HE IS LOOKING FOR THE out of box best tire that come on rhe Slash NEW

Quote Originally Posted by OlorinTharkun View Post
    From experience with mine and a friends' trucks as offroad bashers, the BF Goodrich's seem to be a lousy tire all around, poor traction and wears out fast. The treads are spaced too close together for any decent traction. The Kumho's are significantly better in terms of traction. Don't know what the 3rd tire you're referring to, there's no picture there. I will agree, though, that aftermarket tires are a big improvement over any of the stock Slash tires. I'm currently running Trencher X SC's on my Slash.

RC Racer
    from my exp. i like the S1s best, the Kumhos i don't like for loose dust, but definitely the traxxas standard sct tires
    -Ganondorf

RC poster
    Thanks, guys! I picked up the retina burning Speed Energy brushed Slash that comes with the Traxxas SCT tires. They felt a little softer than the BFG's and for general bashing around they are fine.

I will surely be buying some better tires though!