RC poster

xo-titan's kershaw xo-1

So this is what I started with.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...gns-XO-1-Build
    That is what the car has been through.

I don't think the second owner had it for long. Although he rebuilt the front end like new.

I traded a HPI Super 5sc roller and some cash for the car.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hCzLFL-6OQ

Got it home and hooked it up and the esc fried. I don't know what happened, but it looks like it arced on the inside of the esc. So I went down to my lhs and ordered another xl-2 esc.

While I wait for it I have done the following mods:

Savox steering servo
    Was a rudder servo. I figure good enough for air, good enough for ground. I had this from a wrecked Blade 500 3d heli. I was going to use the rudder/gyro combo but I couldn't get the gyro to arm. I think it was damaged in a manufacture defect crash.

Home made glitch buster.

Added Integy dual fan cooler to the motor.

I used Teflon tape to shim up all of the front end. Steering links and a arms.
    This made everything nice and tight, just how I like.

I shimmed the rear wing, using servo mounting rubbers.
    This way I can actually change the degree of the rear wing.

Now for the fun part. I changed the front and rear diff fluid to 125k losi fluid.
    The front had little to nothing in it, and the rear was really nasty, and had what looked like chunks in it.
    They were not greased on the outside either.

I changed the front shock fluid to 50wt, and the rear to 60wt, and I'm using gold revo springs all around.
    Fluid was nice and clean, and I like the hole in the shock cap that lets extra fluid out so you don't pre-load the shock while filling.

I will be using my DX4S trans and receiver combo, and will add my t1k telemetry later on.
    For now I'll use the Garmin Nuvi to measure speed.

I like the easy to get to diffs in this ride. It's a simple easy design overall, and I can't wait to run it.

I'll have a vid for every run.

Thanks to all that have come up with these mods. Thanks to Bringit for the great start on this awesome ride.
    Last edited by xo-titanic; 07-02-2013 at 12:11 AM.

RC Champion
    Pics man, pics!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Pics man, pics!
    +1, Welcome to the hood XO-T

RC poster
    Hey guys I know its been a while so here we go. Pardon the pics because I cant find my dslr charger.
    I love this car.
    Got my xl-2 esc in the car and WOW is this bad boy fast. I've seen tc5/6's run fast but man I can't believe this thing.
    I had so much fun I broke an a-arm on the first run. Luckily I had a spare and could continue my fun.
    I have broken 4 drive shafts so far. Some split at the knuckle and some at the female shaft. I would have videos but as i said the charger is missing and ipad videos look like they were filmed with a potato.

Ive been running mostly 6's all tho I did run 9s one and man that sucker was fast. Blew out 2 drive shafts on that one run. Out of the 7 times driving the car Ive gotten it to 50 mph according to gps. This is with the 24 tooth pinion and smallest spur. not sure of teeth.

My last run was on 9s as I said and the rear drive spline rattled lose. I figured this was a good time to do the o-ring mod to the center drive line. I changed my spur to the largest in the process.

I haven't driven the car yet because of class, so we will see what happens. I'm sure I'll need alot more room to drive the car soon as I become more confident and continue to test and tune. She is the queen of the cul-de-sac for the time being. I put foam tires on the car for a run and was so funny to see it doing donuts and literally smoking the tires. I cant wait to get a vid of that.

I have some pictures from the ipad but I think I have to get an image hosting page to post.

RC poster
    Thx BL-Bob

RC Champion
    50 mph with that pinion? Should be going faster than that.