RC Qualifier

Just picked one up at lunch

I was pleasantly shocked that my lhs matched the "towering" hobby store's current promotion. My only issue is that I'm a droid fan... First on road car for me, but lots of off-road experience, so what should I know/watch out for/avoid? (Besides the obvious curbs of course) Thanks!
    RSR
    KPGC treasurer (& BuRPS addict)

RC Racer
    My experience.....you need a whole lotta room to run the 34t pinion or else stick to the 14t pinion which is fun for about 50mph. My setup using a 20t pinion and its the sweet spot for me. The arms suck and break often so pick up a set. Otherwise its a great car, congrats !!
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

RC Champion
    Beware of the Spin-out-wind-grab-wing-flip-car-overs. Take your time building speed, letting the downforce build up before gripping too much trigger.

RC Champion
    Buy a used ipod touch if you plan on using the app and telemetry. If not, sell the stock esc and get an xl2. The xl2 datalogs which comes in really handy.

RC Competitor
    HAHA BL-Bob that was funny yet so true.

RC Racer
    Turn up steering dual rate, move the servo arm linkage to the inner position to reduce steer, turn down steering epa, and take it slow.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you all! I only had time last night for a break in run (yeah old nitro habits die hard). I have access to Apple to activate and adjust when needed but in my experience telemetry is a short lived novelty/distraction. Given that attitude am I going to want a touch hooked up all the time for tuning or more set it and forget it?

Car moves for a 1/7 rtr, I get their "level 10" now. Looking forward to lunch hour!

Xl2? Castle? One of the biggest reasons I took the plunge was the monster. Car is worth more in parts than the sticker price. Does Castle Link still function normally?
    RSR
    KPGC treasurer (& BuRPS addict)

RC Racer
    XL2 is unnecessary unless if you're planning on running 8S. If the car is new to you get use to 6S first and see how you like it cause 8S is a completely different world.