RC poster

Batteries in the Villain EX

Hi All! I have a question,is there a restriction in the MAH in the batteries for the Villain EX? I'm running mine with a 7.2 3000MAH and it's fine but short running time, with the 5000MAH is nice but the batteries are very,very hot.
    thank you so much!

Technically, no. The problem is that extended run times combined with the lack of air flow will lead to high temps when high-capacity battery packs (as you have found out). Are you running a full water cooling kit? That will help keep the motor temperatures down. The only good way to keep the batteries from getting too hot is to not run them all at once. How hot are your batteries getting?
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Cooleocool,Thank You so much for your answer,I understand everything You say,correct I'm running with a full cooling kit,ESC and Motors,and You right,the only way is not run them All at once. i Will try.
    Last edited by HECTOR2369; 02-02-2015 at 11:58 AM.

You're welcome.

I would definitely recommend buying a temp gauge if you do not already have one. With a temp gauge, you can keep a better eye on the temperature of your electronics.

Happy boating,

-cooleo
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    You're welcome.

I would definitely recommend buying a temp gauge if you do not already have one. With a temp gauge, you can keep a better eye on the temperature of your electronics.

Happy boating,

-cooleo
    Thank You so much! I Will do that!