RC Qualifier

Holy Cartwheels Batman!

I think my wheelie bar adjustment bar came off on one side. (Traxxas with zip tie) I was doing 35+ mph in the street doing a very nice wheelie and it started to cat walk. I did not let off soon enough and it must have cartwheeled six or eight times. It was pretty horrific. Yikes.

Damage assessment: NONE (extra scratches on an already damaged body)

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like what we all do.
    God is good.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    That's what i'm talking about. I can't tell you how many times ive done that. It's especially fun on 3s.

It's one of those times you wished you had the camera rolling.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I did for one!...when im back on my computer I will try and find my video and post it here
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Yup I am noticing it more often too now, all a part of the package I guess....brushless just rocks
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    I was going to stop by my local auto repair shop and get some wheel weights to put in the front end and then something occured to me.

The wieght will certainly keep the front more planted. But two possible issues concern me. 1. When I wheellie and have to brake the front end comes down and slightly bottoms out now so I will surely have to stiffen the front end. 2. How will the weight affect the balance of the truck in the air? I don't jump high every day but I do have a jump that I can get 4 ft or so of air. Will I still be able to keep it level?
    Last edited by Jeff_G; 06-20-2013 at 09:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If you put weight in the front you may nose dive if the weight out weighs the rear weight.
    I'm not sure about the balance as I have no experience with running actual weights. I use big rock to keep front end down during speed runs.
    God is good.

I use actual weights (tackle weights)behinfd the servo and covereded it. So far so go, the centre of gravity and balnce has shifted , more or less equal, so I can really wheelie at a command , still have great speed rusn as well...but now not too sure why the rear wheels blew off yeterday evening, whiel doing a nice speed run...probably hit a rock or something.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    another thing of missed perfection.....out last weekend driveing my pede twords me all the sudden flips and does about 3-4 barel rolls and then lands back on its tires lol

but as promesed( havent rilly figured out the hole video posting)
    http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/re...03a71.mp4.html
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo