RC Champion

Apple iOS 7 beta

Hey everyone. Thought I'd make a thread up on the beta for iOS 7 and what everyone's thoughts are about it.

I personally don't mind it. The overall 'refresh' is nice, icons are.. colorful. Here is a screenshot of my iPhone 4s:

The beta is in fact, glitchy. Apps crashes upon loading, some features don't process 100%. All in all, it's nice. I'm disappointed because there isn't anything new that I could tell from the beta anyways. It's still the same old iOS but with a fancier and colorful UI. ...and a interactive background that shifts as you use the gyro of your iPhone.

But there is the teaser or spoiler that I thought I'd post. This isn't legally available for everyone, you must be an Apple Developer to take part in the beta. To become one, there is a hefty price tag of $99 a year. https://developer.apple.com/ios7/
    Last edited by traxxasbrothers; 06-17-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: image resize
    Rustler VXL | Slash | Stampede 4x4

RC Racer
    I think its too girly.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasbrothers View Post
    Hey everyone. Thought I'd make a thread up on the beta for iOS 7 and what everyone's thoughts are about it.

I personally don't mind it. The overall 'refresh' is nice, icons are.. colorful. Here is a screenshot of my iPhone 4s:

The beta is in fact, glitchy. Apps crashes upon loading, some features don't process 100%. All in all, it's nice. I'm disappointed because there isn't anything new that I could tell from the beta anyways. It's still the same old iOS but with a fancier and colorful UI. ...and a interactive background that shifts as you use the gyro of your iPhone.

But there is the teaser or spoiler that I thought I'd post. This isn't legally available for everyone, you must be an Apple Developer to take part in the beta. To become one, there is a hefty price tag of $99 a year. https://developer.apple.com/ios7/
    I was about to ask, haha wondering how you got it.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Summitadventure View Post
    I think its too girly.
    Yeah I agree I have looked into a bit. It looks a little bright and and I don't really like the tracking background feature.
    Idk, I like a solid looking interface not a fragile one. I like the tech behind it but not the look.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1979chevy. View Post
    Yeah I agree I have looked into a bit. It looks a little bright and and I don't really like the tracking background feature.
    Idk, I like a solid looking interface not a fragile one. I like the tech behind it but not the look.
    And I'm not an Apple hater. I bought the 5 and love it. Just not my tastes I guess, but there are plenty of people who will like it I know for a fact.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Summitadventure View Post
    I think its too girly.
    I wouldn't say girly... just, not manly. Maybe the option of themes will come out or something. Who knows.
    Rustler VXL | Slash | Stampede 4x4

RC poster
    Or you can go to IMZDL and pay 8$ for the update.
    AKA slash50

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasbrothers View Post
    I wouldn't say girly... just, not manly. Maybe the option of themes will come out or something. Who knows.
    Yeah I agree, yes themes would be great.

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    I feel so far behind. All you guys are talking about iOS 7 and my iPad 1 has iOS 5. Maybe I should be upgrading lol.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

I say Enjoy Beta testing for me... Please find all the bugs and report them immediately, find out everything that causes it to lock up of find out what is not functioning right and let Apple know ASAP!!!

Thank You in Advance fo rsaving me any headaches when the real release comes out...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by funnya1b2c3 View Post
    I feel so far behind. All you guys are talking about iOS 7 and my iPad 1 has iOS 5. Maybe I should be upgrading lol.
    Hahah man I just got upgraded. Don't feel alone.

RC Qualifier
    Looks cartoonish
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash5000 View Post
    Or you can go to IMZDL and pay 8$ for the update.
    or don't listen to their disclaimer and download it without given them the UDID.

RC Qualifier
    I think the new ios7 is way better than ios 6

It has more features and way better looks.

But I'm waiting for the official software to be realeased due to the betas all being glitchy and draining battery fast.
    Stupid 50 character Limit!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Ive had nothing but problems with iOS5, 6 and 7 beta1 and 2. B3 seem fairly stable. iOS 4 is the last good iOS Ive used. iOS 7 is full of stuff that came from the jailbreak world. If I have to use my iPhone Ill run iOS 7 jailbroken as soon as the JB comes out.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Racer
    I am excited about iOS 7 hopefully alot of the jailbreak add ons are implemented in this version, Like it was said earlier themes would be great.
    I currently run iOS 6 jailbroken.. because of the jailbroken add ons that are great.

RC Qualifier
    I don't think apple will add themes there very stuck on having there own unique type of software, They may add a few features that android might have but not alot.

They did add the quick settings but it was obvious they needed to.

What I really wanted was the option to have the weather right on the home screen.

And if you ask me the new notification center is worse than ios6,s

RC Qualifier
    Does anybody else think the new siri voice sounds terrible? I use siri to deliver pizza, and to me it sounds like siri took a step in the direction of a computer trying to learn english, and when I arrive at a house it spastically spits out the word arrived, stuffed into one syllable. I embarrassed myself in front of a kid on the sidewalk because I was mocking siri when I parked in front of a house I repeated arrived! arrived!
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    I embarrassed myself in front of a kid on the sidewalk because I was mocking siri when I parked in front of a house I repeated arrived! arrived![/QUOTE]

That's funny

RC Champion
    Looks different when ISO 7 coming out?
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowThunder View Post
    Looks different when ISO 7 coming out?
    This fall no pecific date