RC Champion

general questions about interchangeable parts

What parts are soley on the rally? Of course the front bumper is different, but what not so obvious parts does it not share with the p4de or sl4sh? Different motor mount? Battery trey? Wheel base is only .05" off, so bodies designed for slash (like proline) could be used right? Reciever box looks different. Rear end like p4de. Seems like the top rear body mount, front bumper assembly and chassis are the only differences.
    Last edited by Dr.J; 06-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC poster
    Parts specific to rally: Front bumper (has body mount), rear body mount (can't be lowered to work with slash body), wheels and body. That's it! Think of it as a slash platinum or ultimate without the aluminum upgrades or gtr shocks.
    To go between rally and slash: Front bumper (slash 4x4 part - 5 screws). Rear bumper - not necessary (2wd slash actually bolts right on but will need to buy mounting screws - 4 screws), slash 4x4 body mounts front and rear (4 screws and will need to get the 2 for the front as they don't come with the mounts), slash body and of course wheels - unless you like to drift with it looking like a goofy slash with rally wheels! Suspension can be changed depending on surface you are running.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    The servo linkage for rally is different also. Well, more specifically, its for the lcg chassis. The receiver box for rally is the same size as slash lcg from side to side but the lcg slash box is taller to accommodate the tqi leads. This makes it a better box for most of us.
    Hey DR.J, been a while! Nice to see your still bashing!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Backatchya dreaded! Its been awhile, Ive been playing in the air But planes and helis are too fragile, and traxxas came out with that lcg chassis, so I thought it would make a fun build. When I logged back on I saw your screen name I was glad to see some familiar names. Thanks for the help along the way!
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv