Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Mega Pede Build MM2 2200KV

Here is the build process I took. I hope the pics helps to clarify how I did it, as many have been asking.
    The axle pin spun inside of the hex already, I am not even going to mess around......

Tekno 17mm adapters
    Rpm Revolver Stablemax 3.2 rims
    2.8 Proline Trenchers
    ALL ORDERED

The Mess of Parts to build

Front Before

Front After

Chassis Dye Job

Shock Build Up

Diff before

Filling the Diffs

Diffs Finished

RC Racer
    Rear Before

Rear After

Roller

Plasi Dip Black out wheels

Custom Esc Mount

RC Racer
    Before

AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Great looking pede !!!

RC Racer
    IN ACTION
    Teaser then BOOM!

RC Enthusiast
    holy cow, thats a lot of torque you got there. nice man.

Now that's what I call a monster truck with some sick power and a very clean setup brokeep us posted and more vids please............peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Nice build man!

Thanks for giving me ideas on how to mount my ESC up front.
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

Talk about power! Very nice and clean build.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Racer
    This powerhouse strips hexes like they are paper, the pin actually spun inside of hex making a channel. All I can say is its time to to convert to 17mm, and now the parts have finally arrived. I can't wait to unleash the raw power without worries now. Maybe then I can get some decent videos to post for you all to see the difference in power.

RC Racer
    Sweet build man! Same motor and esc combo I plan on doing, but that thing is super clean! Post up the vids when it puts the power to the ground haha

Now you can go as mental as you want dude Let the fun begin.......peace

RC Champion
    Nice build so far. That truck has some serious power!
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Here it is all changed over to 17mm 3.2 rpm revolvers with 2.8 trenchers stretched over. Looks so much better! Feels so solid now with the hex adapter offset and the stablemaxx offset. If anyone is contemplating the change over to the 17mm do it! I made a video of the procedure on how to fit the trenchers on the 3.2 rims, I will be posting on youtube at some point. Now I just need to adjust the suspension so I stop destroying the Tekno Diff outdrive Cups! Videos to come!

All while keeping the same size!

Man your truck looks so sick and like something from a mad max film and the power from that castle setup must be plain mental\ Dude you must make a vid as I am very interested to see the beast in action.......peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    Here it is all changed over to 17mm 3.2 rpm revolvers with 2.8 trenchers stretched over. Looks so much better! Feels so solid now with the hex adapter offset and the stablemaxx offset. If anyone is contemplating the change over to the 17mm do it! I made a video of the procedure on how to fit the trenchers on the 3.2 rims, I will be posting on youtube at some point. Now I just need to adjust the suspension so I stop destroying the Tekno Diff outdrive Cups! Videos to come!

All while keeping the same size!
    If you could plese post a video that would be awesome. I've got MIPS X DUTY and will the tekno 17mm hex adapter work!

You can get the mip 17mm hex adaptors dude .......peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    If you could plese post a video that would be awesome. I've got MIPS X DUTY and will the tekno 17mm hex adapter work!
    Here it is dude. I think it turned out well. Yes stick with the 17mm hex conversion from the manufacturer of the axles, everything will just work then.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you for the video!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    where did you find the screw guards for the shock screws? could I get them for a slash? (third and fourth pic of the thread)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slashman360 View Post
    where did you find the screw guards for the shock screws? could I get them for a slash? (third and fourth pic of the thread)
    WoW good catch on that I didn't even notice that. I'm also wondering where he got it.

RC Competitor
    Unfortunately I have had to take a dremal to the screws so I can get them out and I have to do this every time I replace the screw. this gets very annoying after a while

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slashman360 View Post
    Not sure I follow what your asking, I would love to help. Anyway here is a video of the MegaPede in testing phase, lots to tweak especially with the MM2 esc software for sure. It seems slow until the last part of the throttle maybe 7/8 on it just roars to life and rips it up wicked fast, so software tuning is definitely in order, considering I am running 5s lipo, enjoy.

RC Qualifier
    That is one insane Stampede!!! Good work.

RC Racer
    Found a more permanent solution to mounting the esc in reciever box location. I kept the plate I made as it is very secure. I then bolted an esc box from and Hpi Vorza to it in which the MM2 fits perfectly in with extra protection on sides and botttom compared to something like a revo mount style, plus there is a mount for the switch built right in with dust/waterproof cover. Worked out great just an fyi to all that have mounted their esc up front with velcro to a plate as I had it before. Check it out looks almost factory.

Very clean and professional setup dude and the vids on youtube are nuts man with the 5s ......peace out dude

RC Racer
    Wait till the new videos come out, I finally did software setting on the esc and now it does double standing backflips on a half charged battery, I am going for a triple standing backflip with a fully charged battery next, and finally do some bashing videos of it at the construction site, has been down since the cliff dive incident.

I cant wait dude will be mentalI have found the sweet spot on mine and its crazy fun on 3s 50mph wheelies......peace

RC Qualifier
    Here it is dude. I think it turned out well. Yes stick with the 17mm hex conversion from the manufacturer of the axles, everything will just work then.
    Nice video man. Good job on it!

Btw, when you used the tekno straps to hold your battery down, how did you went about doing it? Did you pass it underneath the chassis? I wanted to do the same thing since my traxxas plastic battery holder kept on spitting out my 3s pack when I land upside down.

RC Racer
    I revised the strap mounting, and will post pics tonight

RC Qualifier
    Thanks man!

RC Racer
    Here it is, the back end is the optional tall traxxas battery expansion hold down set with a slot milled into it then smoothed out with emery cloth to prevent sawing into the strap. The front is the stock battery post for now might go with tall one but I like how the strap wraps around and down the battery in front too. The washers support top and bottom of the plastic buckle part of strap they work great for now, they are smooth as to not cut strap and were free. I will figure something out later if this hold up to my bashing style, so far it has. Now this works for me since that max amps battery is tall, and fits so perfectly snug it batt tray it like the tray was made for the battery, so the only way it is going to move or pop out will be up. Testing to ensue.

Last edited by makuloco2000; 06-27-2013 at 10:49 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Here it is, the back end is the optional tall traxxas battery expansion hold down set with a slot milled into it then smoothed out with emery cloth to prevent sawing into the strap. The front is the stock battery post for now might go with tall one but I like how the strap wraps around and down the battery in front too. The washers support top and bottom of the plastic buckle part of strap they work great for now, they are smooth as to not cut strap and were free. I will figure something out later if this hold up to my bashing style, so far it has. Now this works for me since that max amps battery is tall, and fits so perfectly snug it batt tray it like the tray was made for the battery, so the only way it is going to move or pop out will be up. Testing to ensue.
    Thank you so much for the pictures man! Great explanation as well!

I will definitely start doing this mod once I get my motor issue taken care of.

I really appreciate all the help man!

RC Racer
    Here the final solution to securing the strap to the front post. It is rock solid and support the strap buckle now. I have been testing is and it works perfect even with my crazy driving! Just relaying info fo all that find a need to go straps for whatever reason. I custom fabricated and polished a hunk of alluminium from work, it was a clamp for a/c lines so there are extra hole in it but it is strong, and all smooth now so no rub through on strap. It'll be nice to not worry about esc or battery falling out on rough construction site bashing.

Your Fabrication skills dude are sick man And how is the vid coming along bro and I have subscribed to your youtube channel.............peace

RC Qualifier
    WoW that looks clean!

RC Racer
    Thanks guys! It's not bad considering it involved a cut off wheel, a bench grinder, emery cloth, and a scotch brite pad and done by hand. I knew I wouldnt find anything out there so I just started making my own stuff.

That's what this hobby is all about thinking outside the box dude ......peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    WoW that looks clean!
    +1!

makuloco2000,
    Just like spennie had said, you have good fabrication skills!

RC Enthusiast
    +1

Yeah, that looks great! You seriously took some time and money to make that thing work!

Wath are you exactly using in your diff case? Mean outside the diff, still using some old 5k silicone oil but not sure if it actually works. Since normal grease won't been able to handle the bit of heat so I`m not using that either.