Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jtalaue's Pede

RC Qualifier
    Update....

Stablemax finally got delivered today!!! And I am following stampede_fanatic's steps without having to trim the wheels. Only thing left is to buy some rubber bands and start gluing them which will be done tomorrow.

RC Qualifier
    Update

RC Qualifier
    ^^^That is one tough-looking stampede man!^^^

Body goes really well with the black stablemaxxx wheels.
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    ^^^That is one tough-looking stampede man!^^^

Body goes really well with the black stablemaxxx wheels.
    I hope so. I took it out today and had a really good bashing session. The only issues I got we're the hex adapter screws that go in it towards the flat surface MIPS X DUTY they ended up no holding it to so the hex was spinning freely. I think I'm going to have to order 4 MIP C-CVD AXLES becuase it lets me utilize pins on top of the M5 flat screws.

Dude that is one mean looking monster pede .......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude that is one mean looking monster pede .......peace
    Thanks man! Now I'm stripping my spur gear any suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    Update.....

So I ran into an issue with striping my spur gear 54T while using the 18T pinion which was an issue because the screw no matter what I do after putting RED loctite and leave it for 24 hours then run it for a few minutes and stops because the pinion gear won't hold properly so it moves to the end of the chassis guard. I need a pinion with a bigger screw to hold it down on the flat surface of the 5mm shaft. Are there other pinions with 5mm shafts with bigger screws because I can't find any.

RC Qualifier
    Update...

So I decided to ditch the Castle Creations Blower/Fan because it's just to small of a fan. So I decided to dremel my Large fan to fit the 2200kv motor and it will be help down with tie straps unfortunately.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    Update.....

So I ran into an issue with striping my spur gear 54T while using the 18T pinion which was an issue because the screw no matter what I do after putting RED loctite and leave it for 24 hours then run it for a few minutes and stops because the pinion gear won't hold properly so it moves to the end of the chassis guard. I need a pinion with a bigger screw to hold it down on the flat surface of the 5mm shaft. Are there other pinions with 5mm shafts with bigger screws because I can't find any.
    Are you using the traxxas pinions? They have the biggest grub set screw I've seen on any pinion. I changed to traxxas pinions after the same issue you have and have had 0 problems since.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    Are you using the traxxas pinions? They have the biggest grub set screw I've seen on any pinion. I changed to traxxas pinions after the same issue you have and have had 0 problems since.
    My stock pinion wouldn't fit the 2200kv shaft. Can you give me a part number thank you.

RC Racer
    http://buy.traxxas.com/default.php?c...91_15665_15691Look up pinions for the Emaxx they will fit.

RC Qualifier
    http://buy.traxxas.com/default.php?c...91_15665_15691Look up pinions for the Emaxx they will fit.
    Hey I know you've got the same motor as me are you having any issue with the stock CC pinion grub screw not holding it down on the flat surface of the motor shaft? If so what did you do to fit it.

RC Racer
    Hey I know you've got the same motor as me are you having any issue with the stock CC pinion grub screw not holding it down on the flat surface of the motor shaft? If so what did you do to fit it.
    I got the stock CC pinion to work just fine, but the grub screw is too small and since the change to traxxas pinions with huge grub screw no problems, try one from link above worked for me

Use some blue Loctite and good hex drivers and the pinion should not spin guys it works for me but my motor is not in the same league.......peace

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the link man. I really need stronger grub screws for the 5mm shaft.

RC Qualifier
    Ok so I fixed the problem of the grub screw coming lose.

1. Cleaned grub screw with a bristle brush.
    Clean the inside of the pinion hole where the grub screw goes in.
    3. Used green loctite on the grub screw.
    4. Decided not to use my skill tool and used a hex driver manually by hand and I can tell it isn't going to be an issue.
    5. Waited 24 hours and bashed for 30 minutes problem solved.

Nice job dude that's how I roll ......peace

RC Qualifier
    Update...

RC Qualifier
    Update...
    ^^^NICE!^^^ Zip ties make it really stay on!

Good job man!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    ^^^NICE!^^^ Zip ties make it really stay on!

Good job man!
    I didn't have any other option of holding this large fan down made for the 3500 traxxas motor so I had to cut it all down where it sat properly on top then just zip tie it. LOL

RC Qualifier
    update...

So I decied to get rid of the jconcepts overtray cause it wouldn't fit properly because of my upgraded motor, wires everywhere, ESC and to top it all off there is no good airflow regardless when I cut/drill holes on the overtray with a scoop which then made me buy a shroud cover and I am extremely happy with it. Here is the process of installation even though it's pretty cut and dry but I figure I would post it anyways. I removed the front and rear end of the Pede.

RC Qualifier
    Lookin' better man!

The shroud really helps to keep away grass, debris, and dirt.

RC Qualifier
    Update...

So I've been debating wether or not I should leave my MM2 on the sidewall of the chassis between the motor and the servo while my receiver box was in front. Well I got to thinking and cut a bunch of pieces of clear plastic sheet I had laying around and came up with this.. I know it's a bit ghetto but I tested it to make sure it's reliable so I did some bashing and it help up pretty good.

RC Qualifier

Dude it looks a lot better then before......peace

RC Qualifier
    Dude it looks a lot better then before......peace
    Thanks for the kind words. I took it put today and hit full throttle on a skateboard half pipe and it went flying in the air. I wanted to see if it the new receiver box mount will hold and it sure did after several cartwheels later and a few hits on the top body all is good.

That's sweet man my setup is not super clean but its put in the chassis real good so I don't care how hard I land it .....peace

RC Qualifier
    Update...

So I got tired of having to clean my big bore shocks and decided to get some shock covers on eBay and also my Castle Creations Field Programmer came in today woo0oh0o0o0.

RC Qualifier
    Very nice man! Keep it up.

Dude it keeps getting better every time I see it ......peace

RC Qualifier
    Dude it keeps getting better every time I see it ......peace
    I think I'm officially done upgrading the truck with parts since it's almost bullet proof. I was going to get steel/aluminum shock towers front and rear but I like them plastic because the plastic parts will flex/absorb that force a little and distributing it across the Pede. And if it was pure steel/aluminum taking the hit, it's as if it's pounding on the other parts versus flexing/absorbing some of the force.

^I dont know if what I said makes sense but that is my reasoning and if I'm wrong to think this way then let me know I'll probably upgrade them to aluminum/steala shock towers.

RC Competitor
    I think that makes sense. Also I got my MM2 and 2200KV cc motor installed and it really ripps up the road. I love it and cant wait untill I can get a 4s lipo for it. Im running a 3s now and it still blows my mind evey time I run it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe596 View Post
    I think that makes sense. Also I got my MM2 and 2200KV cc motor installed and it really ripps up the road. I love it and cant wait untill I can get a 4s lipo for it. Im running a 3s now and it still blows my mind evey time I run it.
    I am also running a 3S Lipo 5000mah 40C 11.1 Volts from SPC and it's insane in the membrane LOL. I've run my Pede on 6S and let me tell you I will NOT do that again because it was FAST and VERY SCARY.

RC Qualifier
    Update...

so I really got bored today while working and was thinking how can I fix the shroud that has a hole in it because the hole was getting bigger and bigger due due to the antenna and came up with a possible solution (not tested). I basically glued to body washed on each opposite side of the shroud. I know it's a bit unorthodox. I'll let y'all know how it holds up tomorrow when I bash in the backyard.

RC Competitor
    Thats pretty sweet. I want to get a 6s just to see but I will take your word on it being insane fast and scary. LOL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe596 View Post
    Thats pretty sweet. I want to get a 6s just to see but I will take your word on it being insane fast and scary. LOL
    It was definitely insanely fast and scary. I won't be doing it again because I know I'll eventually hit something hard and will cause damage to whatever I hit and the Pede.

RC Qualifier
    Update...

I was bored and decided to make my body post more reliable then what I had before. I ended up using some rubber washers meant to go in a hose and some pieces of metal I drilled a hole in. I will paint the metal pieces black so they don't rust. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks everyone!

BEFORE

RC Qualifier
    AFTER

RC Competitor
    Thanks looks really good. I want to fab some body posts but have found the time to do it. WORK haha its so much fun.

Dude your new mods are sick dude and you should be well happy with them and they look bulletproof.I hope to get a good bash session in this weekend because the heatwave is going to turn into a thunder storm by monday......peace