Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: jtalaue's Pede

RC Qualifier

jtalaue's Pede

I recently installed my motor and noticed that the shiaft doesn't spin smooth like the 3500 motor from traxxas. When I try to spin the CC 2200kv motor it's not smooth and easy to spin. The CC 2200kv motor feels like when you spin it stops then spin and then stops using my fingers. So is that normal for the CC 2200kv motor not to spin smooth?

RC Qualifier
    NVM I finally found a thread

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...rushless-Motor

so basically it's normal for it not to spin freely.

RC Qualifier
    You are correct. It's a four pole motor vs two poles of the Traxxas, so it will have more resistance when trying to spin it by hand.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you I was getting worried at one point cause I couldn't find an answer until a few minutes ago.

My tenshock is fairly hard to turn so that new monster 2200kv must be super hard to turn because the magnets are massive in your motor.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    So I finally got the chance to run my new setup and after 5 minutes into bashing my Pede started acting funny. When I hit the throttle it was jerking so I thought it was a stripped spur gear and no it wasn't. So I noticed a weird smell coming from the MM2 ESC and it gave a bit of smoke. I've posted a video below any help would be great. I am sure I plugged it in correctly into the receive box and the negative and positive are connected correctly to the ESC. Any info would be great. I don't want to further risk any issues but trying to make it move by hitting the throttle.

RC Qualifier

RC Racer
    pretty sure your wires are wrong at esc for the motor, wire it like mine and see

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    pretty sure your wires are wrong at esc for the motor, wire it like mine and see
    From what I've read in the manual polarity doesn't matter and if it goes into reverse switch the red and black wire.

Dude your truck looks boss I bet its super quick and I want vids man.....peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude your truck looks boss I bet its super quick and I want vids man.....peace
    Yes it turned out nice I will post build soon. It is not all taped up like that believe me! lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    From what I've read in the manual polarity doesn't matter and if it goes into reverse switch the red and black wire.
    Yes but from what I saw everyone of your wires were in the wrong spot. Just and fyi this is correct, it is how the e-revo is wired from the factory. red and black are fine to be reversed just fix on transmitter, but white reverse wire its not ok. Anyway yours is probably done for with smoke, when you get a new one wire it as mine is its correct I am sure of it.

RC Qualifier
    Yes but from what I saw everyone of your wires were in the wrong spot. Just and fyi this is correct, it is how the e-revo is wired from the factory. red and black are fine to be reversed just fix on transmitter, but white reverse wire its not ok. Anyway yours is probably done for with smoke, when you get a new one wire it as mine is its correct I am sure of it.
    I sent the MM2 to Castle Creations today.an their turn around te is 3 weeks!!! What the heck am I supposed to bash with ***. Once I get this back I'm going to sell it and use that to buy another motor & ESC.

RC Racer
    Yes all these places have high turn around times, thats why I have multiple rc's just in case.

The wiring from the ESC to the motor can be done in any way you want, as long as the motor turns in the right direction. If it doesn't, you can swap any pair of wires to make it turn the other way.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Why would you want to sell it? All products have some failure rate, at least Castle stands by their products.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Why would you want to sell it? All products have some failure rate, at least Castle stands by their products.
    Once I get this back and if any issues with it again I'm going to get it fixed and sell it so ill wait and see how the ESC that was repaired works out.

Dude don't be put off by one bad experience because soon when you get it back and its all up and running again you will love it man......peace

RC Qualifier
    Dude don't be put off by one bad experience because soon when you get it back and its all up and running again you will love it man......peace
    I'll really try not to and stay positive during this whole process.

Good man the next ones going to be mint dude ......peace

RC Qualifier
    Update on what's been going on with my Pede. I decided to get rid of the plastic custom mount I did for my receiver box because I bought a bigger receiver box due to me having a lot of wires coming in and out of it that the stock box was too darn small. So I bought a sheet metal at home depot and used my dremel to cut it down to size and unfortunately my cut isn't as even as I wanted it to be but it will do the job.

RC Racer
    Great idea isnt it? Nice and secure, Looks just like mine I did, mine was a rough cut too but I uses a sander to even it out and round the edges and make it fit nice. Just watch out for water it will rust in no time thats why I chose stainless for mine I had left over from another project. Here- http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ild-MM2-2200KV
    Last edited by makuloco2000; 06-25-2013 at 09:42 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Great idea isnt it? Nice and secure, Looks just like mine I did, mine was a rough cut too but I uses a sander to even it out and round the edges and make it fit nice. Just watch out for water it will rust in no time thats why I chose stainless for mine I had left over from another project. Here- http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ild-MM2-2200KV
    I completely forgot about this thing rusting LOL. I'll just cut another one since I've got a big sheet of metal or just paint it since I've buffed it on both side the paint should stick and hold. Any suggestions on what paint brand that would work on this sheet of metal?

RC Racer
    steel is steel, prime and paint. I love rustoleum over anything else out there.

That's much cleaner dude keep up the good workand have you ran it yet??????....peace

RC Qualifier
    That's much cleaner dude keep up the good workand have you ran it yet??????....peace
    Thanks man! You're right it does look a lot cleaner. What I'm going to do is take it apart and buff the uneven lines out if I can. I kinda like the steel look and really don't want to paint it. What do you think bro?

Yeah dude keep the steel it looks more industrial and hardcore to go with that mental motor of yours........peace

RC Qualifier
    Yeah dude keep the steel it looks more industrial and hardcore to go with that mental motor of yours........peace
    And YES I've ran it for 5 minutes but since I am hard on the trigger I stripped ALL my wheels LOL so I had to order MIP Hex Adapter to work with my MIPS X Duty and also bought stableman 3.2" rims along with 2.8 mashers. At a later date I'll buy another set of stablemax rims for my trenchers that I currently have on desperado 2.8".

With that power its the only way to go man plus those wheels look boss......peace

RC Qualifier
    With that power its the only way to go man plus those wheels look boss......peace
    Yes it's definitely got some power I just wished I listened to the forum about converting to 17mm. I thought I could get away with adjusting the slippery clutch but that failed me so now I've got some downtime. To be honest I bought this motor on 05/31/2013 and received it on 06/04/2013 then the ESC went to smoke first time using it sent it to CC and got it back on 06/18/2013 and was waiting for time to get the connectors soldered then bashed on 06/22/2013 and 12m hexes got stripped. So in reality I haven't had a good run with this darn beast since I upgraded the motor & ESC. This better not give me anymore issues. I've already upgraded everything I can think of to make it reliable due to this setup. Yes I know in time things break with this hobby.

-MIPS X Duty all around
    -MIPS Hex adapter (coming soon in the mail this week)
    -3.2" stablemax rims (coming soon in the mail this week)
    -2.8" Proline mashers (coming soon in the mail this week)
    -Tekno Big Bone
    -TRA6882X fornt and rear
    -TRA5556 w/ Hot-Racing long hard anodized slipper clutch http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...TRX15HSL;c=480
    -TRA6893X
    -TRA6860R
    -TRA5862
    -TRA1952X
    -TRA6837X
    -TRA6832X
    -Progressive springs on eBay by vg racing
    -T-Bone front kit
    -RPM arms front and rear
    Last edited by jtalaue; 06-25-2013 at 03:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Can you post a picture of the sander bit you used sir? Thank you

After you have done the 17mm conversion your truck is about as bulletproof as you can make it dude......peace

RC Qualifier
    After you have done the 17mm conversion your truck is about as bulletproof as you can make it dude......peace
    I hope so man because I haven't had a decent run on this thing since I upgraded the motor & ESC. It's like one thing breaks after the other ESC then stripped hexes. LOL

All I can say is once this has been converted imma go crazy on this thing and bring it to a construction site to go hard on it.
    Last edited by jtalaue; 06-25-2013 at 04:07 PM.

I think you are up for some serious fun man with the MONSTER pede.....peace

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    Can you post a picture of the sander bit you used sir? Thank you
    I just used an dewalt orbital sander held in hand stationary and worked the metal piece to it to smooth the edges worked perfect 60 grit made easy work of it.

RC Qualifier
    Update....

I just received my MIP Hex Adapters 9which were the wrong ones they sent me but they said it will fit my stampede so they're sending me the M5 4mm screws with spacers and proline mashers 2.8". I've taped and trimmed the mashers and still waiting on the 3.2" stablemax rims.

RC Racer
    I think you will like them between the stablemaxx offset and 17mm hex adapter additional offset I feel my pede is ALLOT more stable on and off road, hard to roll it seems compared to stock.

RC Qualifier
    I think you will like them between the stablemaxx offset and 17mm hex adapter additional offset I feel my pede is ALLOT more stable on and off road, hard to roll it seems compared to stock.
    So the revolver is not as stable as the stablemax?

RC Racer
    they are both called revolver the stable maxx just has more offset and is allot more stable because of the increased track width and hence allot more stable pede

Which is a good thing when you guys have such powerful setups ........peace