RC Competitor

What have you lost of your car in the street???

Hi all

Kicked myself tonight. Lost a wheel nut, only had all 4 wheels off yesterday,sure I had tightened them all up and non in reserve, had my tmaxx running for all of 20seconds and off rolls one of the front wheels.

Lost a couple of body pins last week, car flipped and they got thrown off.

So what sort of silly I shouldn't lose stuff have you guys lost?

Regards
    Smartstots

Body pins, shock spring lower retainer ($50 to replace... had to buy a whole new set of shocks), tire o-rings...

Me and my buddy have lost enough pins we find at least 2-3 every time we walk across our bash area. lol
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Dozens of body pins!!! We Find them in our driveway and the street all the time. I've also lost two wheel nuts and three grub screws out of the center driveline on my emaxx. Oh and a couple skid plate screws too.
    addicted much....

RC Racer
    Sounds like you guys need some body clips retainers... Ive never lost a clip!! Little rubber piece you install on the body and it holds the clip for you weather in a crash or just taking the body off... I lose my wheel nuts i always neglect to check them...

RC Champion
    My tires, the pavement ate them alive....
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    My tires, the pavement ate them alive....
    ^^

I've never really lost anything besides maybe a glow plug or two. But tire rubber for sure haha.
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    I have lost body clips, brake pad on 3.3 t-max, lots of tire rubber, and most of the roof on my rusty. It has flipped over on its top, at 45 mph, a few times and wore a couple holes in the top.
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

RC Champion
    Set screws, body clips, proline body mount screws, pins, screws, pinion gears, shock parts, shock oil, lexan parts of body, and probably five pounds of tire rubber.
    Land of the free?

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    When Pro-Line first came out with the infamous epic beadlock wheels, (everyone discovered later that they would not stay on under BL power), I was among the first to get them. I had my Slash set up for speed running and put my new epics and tires on there and threw in a 3s pack. Did a few medium runs to make sure all was well with the truck. Everything cool and I drove it up the street and turned around. Checked far and wide for traffic and started opening it up. When I got up to full speed one of the tires flew completely off the wheel and took off up the street! It must have gone fifty yards and I just watched it roll. The wheels didn't last long on the market. Short of gluing them on, they wouldn't hold up to high speeds. I later used them on a scale truck until they stripped out the hexes.....

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Champion
    Wheelie bar from my Revo and body pins.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Loctite, body clip retainers and you don't have to worry about it anymore, I've had the same 4 body clips for months!

I don't run in the streets after running into a Chevy S-10 near open throttle with the body off... End result was basically totaled chassis, both front A-Arms, front and rear aluminum bulks, tranny was totalled including the tranny case...

The engine survived to make 16th place in the State Race 3 weeks later on a new build. But after that, I'm strictly on the track or at a bashing site... Here's the carnage...

All's I did was replace the CB, the CB bearings, Carb was cracked and put a new header on it... Ran great!!!

As far as losing things off my truck, had a wheel come off when racing, had an exhaust pipe pop off in a 4 truck crash, body clips,, lost tons of them before I figured out some tricks... Oh, and 1 time my wing mount came off...

After a while, you learn how to avoid these things... Knock on wood!!!!
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Qualifier
    I had a 1/18 scale 4wd brushless rc that had a problem with the turnbuckles popping off and the driveshafts getting lost, the wind stole the extras I had and I went looking for them, never found any :l

also numerous body clips, a few wheel nuts one was 17mm.
    Last edited by Meebert; 06-06-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    I like turtles.

RC Champion
    We run every saturday night in street races winter and summer. We have lost more parts than we care to think about. Probably enough to build a few cars. Some of the more memorable parts due to head on collisions or side impacts are as follows.
    1: lipo Batteries
    2. Dog bones
    3. Half a car..LOL
    4. wheels and tires still attached to the arms
    5. rear of a touring car body.
    These races tend to be rough on cars and Slashes in the winter. Running brushless motors in touring cars at around 50mph+ the impacts tend to be severe. We found half a car 2 days after a crash. A complete wheel and tire including arms and CVD 6 months after the winter following another crash that must have uncovered it from its slumber. Bits and pieces of cars and bodies almost every night and certainly the next day when the "Parts Walk" is done on the local "track". The street we run on.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    You name it and its probably fallen off my truck in the road. Ive lost everything from wheels, to driveshafts and shocks. Ive broken off spoilers, lost bits of a chassis, bits of body, ect.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Body clips, bulkhead bits, screws a lot. I've lost a body as well, but wasnt too hard to find. Mostly though, what I lose is traction.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

RC Qualifier
    Mip x-duty shafts twice!!!

I'm on an "ounce-for-ounce" policy with my local indoor track: For every ounce of hardware I leave on the track I take home an ounce of their clay.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    ive lost enough body clips to supply a small army, lost the battery pack retainer on my ruster, lost a lighting kit, total of four wheels, few wheel nuts, destroyed a shock, shock oil all over the place, just rebuilt it and it works fine :P
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE, EVERYONE PAYS THE PRICE

RC Racer
    I've lost more body clips than I can count, wheel nuts, various screws and nuts, various other parts after a bad crash, I lost an engine out of my T-Maxx once. I did find it 3 or 4 days later it had a busted motor mount. I put it back in and it fired right up.....I have lost my mind a few time while out if things go haywire....lol

RC Qualifier
    i actually lost my entire car one time because i accidentally drove it into a storm drain. my brother got mad at me because i was using his battery, which was fine afterwards. i had to crawl down into there amid all the spiderwebs and whatnot. it was a russtler xl-1 (), but surprisingly, it survived the ten or so foot fall and nothing broke.

another time, i was driving my slash under a car on vacation and my steering glitched out and it got smashed and the chassis, bellcranks, and front skidplate were destroyed
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Champion
    My glo igniter. My rustler went into w.o.t. as soon as it started (with igniter still in). rustler flew through the ditch, and flopped out in the road. Tossing glo igniter out into the road as it bounced/cartwheeled down the road. It was a pretty spectacular flop.

CONFUCIUS SAY- always turn on controller first.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Competitor
    So far, only pins. The plastic end holding the spring in place has popped off of Digger a couple of times, but I've watched where they rolled and slid 'em back on. Oh, I lost a pinion in the grass, but that was my own dummy fault.
    Last edited by CandyCaner; 07-05-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Duh-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh...

i lost loads of body clips two steering servos a throttle servo recently after i bought my new engine i ran my tmaxx at full speed and lost control it ran into a mailbox full speed bounced off then went into someones yard and ran against there fence ( luckily they weren't home) the damage one tire shredded off the rim punctured the gas tank bent an aluminum skid-plate cracked a rpm bumper in half shredded the spur gear broke the new all metal steering servo cracked the mounts off the throttle servo messed up my body but not to bad pretty sure i messed up the transmission as well its gonna be a fun visit to the lhs expensive to
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

RC Enthusiast
    more than 3/4 of my body and countless body pins

RC Champion
    batteries, air filters, exhausts and headers....wheels...bodies....
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    I had a mamba monster esc and motor on my merv and one of the esc wires got caught on a root that was sticking out of the ground and the whole esc got ripped out of the car
    this costs too much money

RC Enthusiast
    glowplug wrench
    Jato 3.3

Tamiya nitrage 5.2

Hmm, lets see...

1 Exhaust tip

4 engine mount screws

1 gas tank lid (I have no idea how I lost that!)

And way more screws than I can count.
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeTeton

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Every time I see this pic of your motor I can't believe it still ran! That's TRX durability at its finest!

RC Champion
    Can i say my nephew, lol. he was chasing his stampede down the road, when he tripped, and fell right out in the middle of the road. Kids i tell ya, and he was ok. I'm still trying to find out why he was running after his stampede, and driving it at the same time. It is so true that kids do the darnedest things.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    I've lost my slash once after it had a run away with my old spektrum radio. I turned the wheel on the controller but the truck kept driving straight in the street until it hit a curb and flipped over. It was at the end of the battery pack so it wasn't moving too fast (maybe around 35 mph) and only a rear skid plate broke so I'm thankful.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

I've lost..
    Many body clips
    A battery hold down
    2 wheel nuts
    1 shoulder screw
    1 king pin
    1 other screw
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Had the body pin that holds the battery in My 4x4 pede fall out and ejected the battery out on a public roadway at about 30mph..
    Stampede 4x4 VXL.......Slash Raptor 2wd

RC Qualifier
    Somehow I managed to lose a cvd yesterday. I was just playin around in our front yard and seemed to loose power in the rear. Finding that cvd is like finding a needle in a haystack!
    addicted much....

RC Champion
    I've lost a MIP Male Spline on my Slash 4x4, that sucked lol. I looked for it for about 30 minutes. Other that that, body pins, set screws, wheel nuts, shock parts. LOCTITE is your friend!! lol
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de