RC Competitor

Traxxas ET-3s VS Mamba Max Pro

whats the difference. i see there is a little black thing on the wires on the et3s. i bought an et3s and i heard its only usable with a TQi? please pm me info, thanks

RC Champion
    The et3s only works with the tqi IF the castle link is on.
    Slash 4x4, Rusty VXL(project), Slash 2wd(project).

RC poster
    The little black thing on the power wires is a capacitor, I assume it is used for glitch busting. The ET3s is basically the same as the Castle Mamba Max Pro and can be reprogrammed with a Castle Link to work with any radio system by connecting the Castle link and ESC to your computer and clicking on "Advanced " then to "Live Link Enable" and change to "Disable" . If you are using a Futaba radio the throttle channel must be set to Reverse. I found out the hard way after researching the web after Traxxas Tech Support(Should be changed to Traxxas Tech Needs Support) said that the ET3s would only work with a TQi radio. Now my Futaba 3PM works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxaserevo View Post
    whats the difference. i see there is a little black thing on the wires on the et3s. i bought an et3s and i heard its only usable with a TQi? please pm me info, thanks

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Also to take note the ET-3S only allows you to run up to 3S Lipo to. To run a different Tx/Rx CLL has to be turned off via Castle Link on a PC. Its a nice ESC for the cost. You can pick them up fairly cheap on eBay.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    There are three other things different on the Castle MMP vs the Traxxas ET3s; The Castle MMP has 4 mm motor connectors and an on/off switch ( which most racers remove) and the wires are a little shorter. The ET3s has no on/off switch,a Traxxas battery plug and 3.5 mm motor connectors that you may need to change depending on your motor/battery plugs or use 3.5MM Male to 4MM Female Bullet Plug Adapters for the motor that I found on E bay.
    Last edited by sfiery; 11-14-2013 at 07:35 AM.