RC Competitor

Is nitro slash popular?

I can't find many people tha have these trucks I meant there are hardly any pictures on this forum I mean u look on YouTube there is like no videos on them where are they at guys?

It seems nitro is dying... It's not very popular just because it's nitro powered... From what I've gathered, the few people that have one love it.
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC poster
    My cousin has one. It's pretty sweet. Only one I've seen though
    freeks come out at nite...

RC poster
    It's a shame nitro is not that popular anymore. Don't understand why ppl want to wait for batteries to charge instead of filling up and going
    freeks come out at nite...

It's a shame nitro is not that popular anymore. Don't understand why ppl want to wait for batteries to charge instead of filling up and going
    Same here. I love just filling up and driving!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreek1210 View Post
    Because those that don't enjoy nitro say it is a pain to tune, it's messy, the cost of nitro is high, you still have batteries to charge, blah blah blah.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Yeah nitro is the way to go on my opinion I mean electric there is no fun it's just plug and play I don't like that I love hands on and fixing things and making them extremely loud

RC Racer
    I was looking at getting a slash. I have a revo and rs4,and the slash or jato might fill the gap in between. But there aren't many nitro races, most people are going to electric.. Its a cycle. 5 years ago it was all nitro, 5 years before that it was electric. Nitro will be back again at some point. The problem is that electric has gotten better. So they closed the gap in closettle response and speed, along with run times. There are die hards on both sides.I'm going to get an electric mini for in my house to play with the cats and dog, but outside.. I'm all nitro. Me and my friend take out the rs4s in the parking lot at 2am after the bar lol.. Its just fun. Esp with roto and ez start. If you like it, go for it. Unless you want to race. Then of course check out the tracks that are local, see what they're running and decide from there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinhonda24 View Post
    Yeah nitro is the way to go on my opinion I mean electric there is no fun it's just plug and play I don't like that I love hands on and fixing things and making them extremely loud
    Brushless and nitro is the way to go, I've owned 4 brushless and 1 nitro with the nitro being my latest, with the upgraded chargers and lipos today I can charge my battery in less then 10min. if I wanted and with brushless it's not just plug n' play, depending on how serious you are you tune your esc, gearing, oils, diffs., etc. you still have to wrench on an electric and work on it often just like a nitro, for me tuning a nitro isn't that hard I did some research and figured it out in 1 day, it's not any more of a pain using nitro vs brushless, personally I like both and will run both from now on, btw nitro isn't dead it's just like every other similar hobby or whatever, some people like this, like that and like both, if it was that dead companies wouldn't waste time building these new nitros if there was a minimal market for it
    Last edited by XRated; 06-08-2013 at 04:20 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I took my nitro slash into a LHS and the owner wows like wow I have never seen one of those ! LOL I love mine and I have had a lot of fun beating some of my friends with so called "faster" nitros.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinhonda24 View Post
    I can't find many people tha have these trucks I meant there are hardly any pictures on this forum I mean u look on YouTube there is like no videos on them where are they at guys?
    goggel nitro slash review!

RC Enthusiast
    I love my nitros. I don't care how fast electrics get, they're boring to me!
    Nitro Slash 3.3