Thread: Wheel wobble?

RC Competitor

Wheel wobble?

So I was bashing. My wheel nut got loose so I tightened it. Now ita wobbley and the pivot ball caps are fine and the wheels. Whats wrong?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    I would say (with out looking at it) bearing or dirt inside your tire.

RC Competitor
    I was thinking the same thing as in being a bearing. ThAnks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    I had wheel wobble too, except on mine Emaxx the whole CVD when back in forth about 1-2mm. Got shims on the way, does anybody else use shims on the wheels too?

RC Qualifier
    I got some info for u but your inbox is full please clean that thing out.
    SLASHING UP WITH MY PEDE

RC Racer
    If the wheel is tight, the bearings are good and the pillowballs are tight than the only thing left is the hex on the shaft. We have all had this happen on our trucks. There are few simple mods you can do to rectify this. The first is use the HPI 17mm adapter set you get when you buy a set of 17mm phaltline tyres, there are the integy 17mm hexes or my personal favourite is the LST shaft mod where you can run 1/8 shafts and hexes with no slop at all.

RC poster
    I had wheel wobble right out of the box, 3908 I've since replaced upper and lower A arms (RPM) front and read (RPM) axle carriers,RPM bulk heads will not work for the rear as they are 1/4 inch shorter than stock, new bearings inner and outer all the way around, and still wheel wobble. so I figure it gotta be the wheels or the factory shafts? Any other ideas, I'm pretty new to all this.

RC Qualifier
    I'd take the wheel off, and then gently run it while it was on a test stand. If no wobble - wheel bad. If it still wobles, I'd take things apart to the point of being able to have the axle free. I'd gently run the truck again letting the axle spin while I held the end with my fingers. If no wobble - problem in the ball joint area. If it still wobbles, I'd pull the axle from the differential, and gently run the differential axle coupler in my fingers. If no wobble - bad axle. If it still wobbles - bad differential.

P.S. Of couse my advice to you is free, but if you would remember...my birthday's comming up in a couple of months...hint, hint. (lol)

RC Competitor
    i figured out the problem. my a arm broke and the hinge pin