RC Qualifier

Size of motor screws?

I've had my Spartan for almost a year... however about 6 months ago, I disassembled literally everything while replacing and upgrading the shaft, coupler, drive dog, and prop (all were lost after a broken shaft). I figured I'd tear down the stock motor too, take a look at everything, and maybe re-grease the bearings with some good grease. I got the bearings out of both ends but can't get the bearing in the bottom of the can (the tend opposite the output shaft) seated. I've tried for hours and just can not get it back in place. I'd like to remove the cap on that end of the motor but I don't have the right size allen. What size is it so I can buy one and get this bearing back in place? Or is there any tips to help get it back in place without taking that end off?

RC Qualifier
    sorry... the end the shaft DOES come out. The one towards the rear of the boat when installed. I'm talking about the little black screws on the sides of the can.

RC Champion
    Don't know what anyone else has been doing but I use a #6 torx screw tip to remove the small screws on the Spartan motor can.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! I'll get one. And I was wrong again... it is the end opposite where the shaft comes out. The end toward the front of the boat with the wires. The picture on the Traxxas website is opposite for some reason.

RC Champion
    And those are the screws I was referring to.

I have even used the Torx screws to remove other hex heads when they become worn and the 1.5 to 2.5 mm hex bits don't do the job.

Then time to replace the screw....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis