RC Qualifier

HELP: Need new steering parts

Well after I installed my Savox 1230sg, I was curious what part of my stock steering linkage was going to sucumb to the monster torque first. Well my question was answered last night when I was attacking a boulder covered 50 degree incline:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

My question is what is this part called? Servo arm? Can anyone provide me to a link for an aluminum upgrade that is a direct bolt in for this part? Do they have single sided arms since i have done away with the dual servo setup? Any help would really appreciate it.

I thought my stock servo horn may be the one to get stripped first but it wasn't surprisingly. What is an Aluminum servo horn everyone is using out there that would be a direct bolt on drop in onto my Savox servo ( which is the same spline count as the stock traxxas servo I just can't remember what the count is now)? Once again a direct link would be appreciated.

Should I upgrade anything else at this time? Any Thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Servo saver.
    Yes, single sided are available in aluminum.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=RVO4806;c=431

trim one side of the arm off --- works great

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by buduck04 View Post
    http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...=RVO4806;c=431

trim one side of the arm off --- works great
    This looks like a pretty heavy duty unit? Sounds like you have had good luck with this. That almost looks too nice to trim the other arm off.....if I got this just may have to leave it on incase I want to go back to a dual set up.

Looks like this also replaces the servo saver and HD spring as well?

Maybe it would be a good idea to keep the plastic stock servo horn as one last weak point? Thoughts?
    Last edited by Sactown_Summit; 05-21-2013 at 11:57 AM.

RC Qualifier
    for sure could leave the arm on --- I don't think it would effect function at all.

It's very well made and has done a nice job so far. This comes everything you need to drop in a replace the stocker --- be sure to just reuse the 2 bearings that are in the stock servo saver ... then just attach your servo horn (piece on the servo itself) and the little link to the servo saver

RC Qualifier
    as far as the plastic servo horn .... you could, but chances are it will strip or snap .... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXAWJH&P=K ---- that's what I use (keep in mind that I a hitec servo and this piece won't fit your savox)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCCXF&P=7
    was going to get that one if I went with savox

RC Qualifier
    for sure could leave the arm on --- I don't think it would effect function at all.

It's very well made and has done a nice job so far. This comes everything you need to drop in a replace the stocker --- be sure to just reuse the 2 bearings that are in the stock servo saver ... then just attach your servo horn (piece on the servo itself) and the little link to the servo saver
    Great thanks for the feedback. Think I will give this a try. Looks like its plenty strong and will help take the slop out of the steering and be a nice upgrade as well. Thanks for the info

RC Qualifier
    you bet ... good luck with it

They're a really good company to deal with too

Gh racing makes a copy of the stock horn in aluminium.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    as far as the plastic servo horn .... you could, but chances are it will strip or snap .... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3&I=LXAWJH&P=K ---- that's what I use (keep in mind that I a hitec servo and this piece won't fit your savox)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCCXF&P=7
    was going to get that one if I went with savox

Thanks for the links and the help. Will give the aluminum servo horn a try. I agree its only a matter of time that it goes. Hopefully these two items will help my durability. Thanks again

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    Gh racing makes a copy of the stock horn in aluminium.

Sent using lipo power
    Thanks Jamann...I did see that. It has been on my buy list at tower for months now but has never come back in stock. I may look around a bit and see if I can find it else where on the net, but that Hot Racing steering setup looks pretty nice and very complete as well.

RC Qualifier
    I use the integy servo saver setup with the savox 1230

To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

I'm running the gpm version

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    will any old aluminum servo horn that is 25T spline work with the stock steering linkage, or do you need a top and bottom mount point like the stock servo horn has? The stock plastic part looks almost u shape while the aftermarket aluminum servo horns I am finding are all flat standard looking servo horns?

I went to a flat style .I'm running a hitec servo.need a nut and bolt to secure it

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann View Post
    I went to a flat style .I'm running a hitec servo.need a nut and bolt to secure it
    Ditto. I used the alum. arm that came with my hitec 7950th. I had to enlarge the hole in the arm to fit the stock bolt.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. Will see if my local hobby shop has an aluminum servo horn I can use. Placed my order for the Hot racing steering setup that looks just like jamann's. Hopefully it works and fits as advertised. Thanks for all the info