Thread: Toe Links!

RC Competitor

Toe Links!

Hey guys want to upgrade my toe links so I can adjust the toe on my front wheels.

I've seen a few different ones out there by various companies and want to know
    what you guys think are the best.

I really like the look of the traxxas red aluminum ones!

Opinions? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I thought the same but mine came threaded the same at both ends....
    (yes it is true, highly illogical) Is this normal?
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.

You can adjust toe without adjustable links. If you thread BOTH pillow balls in, you get more toe in. If you thread BOTH out, you get more toe out.

Quote Originally Posted by photon_trap View Post
    Normal, yes. Only some have opposing threads.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Normal, yes. Only some have opposing threads.
    What Mfg.? I want some!

Pillow ball adjustment works on the front but since the rear has little or no caster she no work so good.

RC Qualifier
    GPM make adjustable tie rods with opposing threads.
    Part-no xERV160.

Available in aluminum, steel and titanium. The aluminum version is known to be weak, avoid them.
    I run the steel version. The plastic eylets on the rear links are prone to breakage.
    Order spare ends! Otherwise they are OK.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD-J View Post
    Part-no xERV160.

Available in aluminum, steel and titanium. The aluminum version is known to be weak, avoid them.
    I run the steel version. The plastic eylets on the rear links are prone to breakage.

Very good to know, Thanks

RC Competitor
    Didn't even think of the pillow ball idea! Great idea.

So no clear cut winners in the category?

RC Racer
    Good to know - I had plans for those, but this information rules them out.

CMD - do you mean these ERV160/BE ?

Did anyone try out RVXS160B or RVXS160BH? Would any of them they fit on GPM threads?
    Last edited by zach23; 05-22-2013 at 03:02 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zach23 View Post
    i have gpm stainless steel links with traxxas rod ends and traxxas steel pillow balls. the gpm rods are very strong, the ends are awful, so as a fix i use those two traxxas parts as well and it works perfectly!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zach23 View Post

Did anyone try out RVXS160B or RVXS160BH? Would any of them they fit on GPM threads?
    Yep, ERV160/BE are the proper spare ends that fit GPM.

And no, the red Hot-Racing parts RVXS160Bx do not fit the GPM rods.
    I've tried that, the treads are not the same size.
    They fit only the HR rods RVXS160R
    Beware: the HR alloy is very soft. They were bent/ovaled out after the first cartwheel.

RC Racer
    Part-no xERV160.

I also use the Steel ones and I'm happy about the durability. I ordered some stronger ends and will use them as soon as the Stock and spareends broke.
    The spare ends are very cheap, so its Not that Bad, if they breake sometimes.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    i have gpm stainless steel links with traxxas rod ends and traxxas steel pillow balls. the gpm rods are very strong, the ends are awful, so as a fix i use those two traxxas parts as well and it works perfectly!
    Thanks, that sounds interesting. Do you know if the GPM steel hollow balls fit the TRA7059 rod ends?
    I have a pile of GPM hollows balls laying around. Might order some Traxxas rod ends only next time, if my GPM hollow balls fit them and skimp the TRA7028X.

Btw, if i break GPM rod end, its almost always the same: The one on the rear right toe link that connects to the knuckle. The others seem to hold up fine.

RC Qualifier
    I don't get it - if GPM links have opposing threads, how can you use Traxxas ends?

RC Qualifier
    You probably have to match the threads and the TRX ends only fit on one side on the GPM rods? -Just a quick thought, though.

RC Qualifier
    You probably have to match the threads and the TRX ends only fit on one side on the GPM rods? -Just a quick thought, though.
    That would sound right but feeble at best

RC Qualifier
    Can you please explain how this works if Traxxas uses RH threads on both ends and GPM uses RH and LH threads?
    (the only logical way IMHO)

RC Racer
    i didn't know they had different threads, it worked for me, although with some pressure to get it in there.

i just put the rod in the vice and pushed down on the end to get it in. i'll add some pictures once i get back home

CMD-J, the balls do fit in there, but they have a slight amount of play, where as the traxxas balls have no play at all

RC Competitor
    Pretty disappointing that none of the products work well. I am going to purchase the traxxas rods because I like the look and
    let's be honest Traxxas customer service is one of the BEST out there. If I have any problems they are right there standing
    behind their products.

RC Racer
    Do get the steel hallow balls as well, i dont know if the traxxas aluminium rods come with em or not.

Good luck mate

Sorry its not mounted, im polishing some bits, even though its going to go straight back onto the sand and dirt (kinda ocd haha)
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-23-2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    CMD-J, the balls do fit in there, but they have a slight amount of play, where as the traxxas balls have no play at all
    Thanks for the info! I just ordered TRA7028X + TRA7059 from liquidRC, should be here in about 10 days.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, that sounds interesting. Do you know if the GPM steel hollow balls fit the TRA7059 rod ends?
    Yes, but they have more slop than Traxxas

Can you please explain how this works if Traxxas uses RH threads on both ends and GPM uses RH and LH threads?
    (the only logical way IMHO)
    TRA7059 doesnt come with threads, beside that it is plastic....

RC Qualifier
    My quote you referenced above (from reply#16) was, if you read it, in reference to GPM links somehow fitted with Traxxas ends (???) Not plastic 7059s

RC Qualifier
    Oh, maybe missunderstanding? I thought the whole time Traxxas ends = TRA7059. Are there other TRX ends?

RC Qualifier
    No misunderstanding, the point I was referring to, again was that GPM links, if they do in fact have opposing threads can not accept Traxxas ends on both ends. You cant screw a RH thread end on a LH threaded shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by mtc777 View Post

TRA7059 doesnt come with threads, beside that it is plastic....

Are you saying the 7059s are un-threaded blank holes on the female end, allowing them to be installed on LH or RH threads? This is the only way I could imagine it working -

If this is true then you are correct about the misunderstanding and have my apologies for not understanding your post.
    I am from a 1:1 world where things all have threads
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-24-2013 at 08:31 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Dont know what the big deal is, im not lying when i said my traxxas ends fit on my gpm rods. The ends are plastic, maybe thats why i got em in with force since the steel rods are much harder. Just try it your self.

RC Qualifier
    Dont know what the big deal is, im not lying when i said my traxxas ends fit on my gpm rods. The ends are plastic, maybe thats why i got em in with force since the steel rods are much harder. Just try it your self.
    There's no big deal at all and, I never suggested you were lying or would have a reason to. I am just trying to understand how it was done (with the words provided) that's all. Not being one for hacking aimlessly, I'm just trying to understand the details.
    I have already apologized for not understanding so please don't expect more of that.

RC Qualifier
    Are you saying the 7059s are un-threaded blank holes on the female end, allowing them to be installed on LH or RH threads? This is the only way I could imagine it working -
    Never heard of 7059s but 7059 are plastic and unthreaded, I use them on GPM steel pushrods

RC Racer
    in insult meant mate

okay, so when i was trying to screw the traxxas ends onto the gpm rods, it would not screw in as easily as the gpm ends, so i put the rod in my vice and locked it tight. then while applying a lot of pressure down on the traxxas rod, i screwed it on.

i managed to get all 14 traxxas ends onto the gpm rods. the other 4 traxxas rods went onto 2 exotek front pushrods, which was a lot easier.

i hope that is what you want to know. whether i forced new threads on some of the traxxas ends i don't know, but it screws in and out nicely.

i originally saw this idea by browsing evgen's website which features his merv.

RC Qualifier
    Understood. (finally and , yes i know it's not that complicated, it's just me.
    Thanks to taking the time to make it clear, I think it's a worth while effort.
    I'm gonna pick up a set of 7059's and do it before I waste my time with the GPM ends.

And, mtc777, by 7059s, I meant plural - should have used apostrophe ' sorry

Thanks all for your patience