RC Enthusiast

Adjusting "zero" steering on single servo

Single steering servo came in today. I decided to go with the Savox 1230 for the price and because many recommended it. Was going with a Hitec for double the price, but Hitec had a 2 year warranty and Savox a 1 year.. I could buy 2 savox for the price even if it fails.. Sorry.. not wanting to get into a brand discussion, I got bigger questions.. lol.

Went to install the servo and "zero" out the steering. Thought it was all straight, but when I went outside to run,it veered to the right, and ended up having to trim almost all the way to the left (on the remote).

What should the set-up be (i.e. what should be parallel to what, what should be horizontal, does any of that really matter, etc). I had the steering saver straight, and tried to get the horn and the saver parallel, and the arm horizontal, but at the zero position (on the servo), the horn would't go on parallel.

What should the set-up be?

RC Racer
    With your radio and truck turned on, Center your trim on your radio and remove the screw holding the horn to the servo. Move the horn over one tooth in the direction that will straighten the wheels.
    After that you can adjust the link that goes from the horn to the bellcrank. If your still trimming alot to the left you can move the horn one more tooth.

Also if you move the horn and things get worse then move it the other direction.

Hope this helps

RC Enthusiast
    with the single servo conversion, does it really matter if the horn and the linkage are at a right angle (or close to one)?

RC poster
    Yes it does, the trimming you can adjust is just a tiny bit of the servos fully range of movement. So if you place the servo horn a bit off center position then you might not be abel to adjust it like you want to.